TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
mykee50

Streaming from R.Pro to ipad to TV?

Hello, I can stream to my ipad just fine in home. The quality really suchs OOH though, just 2 bars. Question 1, Is there a way to improve the OOH quality?

Question 2, when I try to play the stream through my ipad to my TV via the Apple Lightning HDMI adapter I get a "mirroring not allowed" type of message. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Mike (62 in Seattle)
mykee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee50 View Post
Hello, I can stream to my ipad just fine in home. The quality really suchs OOH though, just 2 bars. Question 1, Is there a way to improve the OOH quality?

Question 2, when I try to play the stream through my ipad to my TV via the Apple Lightning HDMI adapter I get a "mirroring not allowed" type of message. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Mike (62 in Seattle)
Question 1) TiVo is working on improvements to OOH streaming, really nothing you can do at this time.

Question 2) You are not doing anything wrong this is by design. Some folks have implemented same jailbreak tools to make this work, but that is the only way. TiVo / Content owners do not want you driving a big screen with an IOS device.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
moyekj

To improve OOH quality simply download instead of stream. You will have to wait a few minutes for buffer to build up before you start watching but quality will be much better than streaming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
mykee50

Thanks for the info!! Is there a thread on doing this jailbreak thing? Thanks again, Mike
mykee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
spaldingclan

Here you go. You're welcome.

http://bit.ly/1eOc8tm
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
heg

Mike, I just bought an iPad Mini, intending to stream some video content from the web (thru the iPad) to the big screen TV, using the iPad's AirDrop function. From what I have learned that will require an Apple TV between the iPad and the television. Check this URL:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5209
to see the procedure to enable AirPlay mirroring on IOS7 devices. The IOS device and the AppleTV will need to be on the same wifi network.

Last edited by heg : 01-31-2014 at 06:26 PM.
heg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
tatergator1

You're not doing anything wrong. HDMI out is disabled by the Tivo App. You can not connect an iPhone or iPad to a TV and try to use the Tivo app to stream to the TV.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
Dan203
Super Moderator

If you jail break you can disable that limitation.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote