TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
FWIW, I have an Asus RT-N56u and also cannot connect to tivo service with my Roamio. My premiere works fine and always has. The roamio will only connect to tivo if I hook it directly into my cable modem bypassing both the Asus and an ATT 3g Microcell.
Still working on it....

Jets
I've dig my heels in deep on this one and dam determined now its not getting the best of me

If I have to borrow friends routers and hook them up with mine to test and compare which ones work best with the roamio I will.

Have a look
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...37#post9966237

I'm doing extensive troubleshooting but just going to take time because I'm trying to figure out what makes it disconnect and when it does disconnect why can't it regain an IP address from the routers DHCP server? And the only way to do this is find out what makes it disconnect so once its connected and working, I'm leaving it alone till it disconnects, loses connection before I make changes.

More to follow in my thread above, just subscribe to it

Is it the roamio or the router not working well together or vice verse.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #32
kark2014

This week I bought a Roamio Pro and a Roamio (base model) from Best Buy. I have a router from Xfinity and an Apple Airport Extreme. My Roamio Pro will only connect to my Apple Airport and the Roamio will only connect to my Xfinity router. If I try to connect the Pro to the Xfinity router, it can find the network, and after entering the password, even asks how I'd like to get the IP address. It then asks me if a DHCP client ID are required. Xfinity has assured me the answer is no. After selecting no, It thinks and then gives me the N02 error. If I try to connect the Roamio to my Apple, it gives me a N06 error. Both routers are in the same location, and both have about 60% signal strength to the Tivos. Both Tivos can find both routers, but I can't get them to connect on the same network. Therefore, the two cannot "talk" or transfer programs from one to the other. So I called Tivo. A very nice tech seemed confused and had not heard of this problem. He put me on hold and then suggested I call Xfinity and ask them to make the Xfinity router a "Bridge". He said the two routers basically are conflicting with each other, but that if the Xfinity one was a bridge, then they should be able to see each other. Ok. So I hung up with them and then waited on hold for a long time waiting to talk to Xfinity. That service tech took a couple of minutes and said he had turned the router to bridge. Ok. Well then when I called Tivo back, because I still could not get both to connect, I realized that my iphone was not picking up the wireless signal, and the Apple Airport was not getting internet signal. Bear in mind, I have rebooted both several times by this point. I even let the airport stay unplugged for about 5 minutes before plugging it back in. I still did not have any wifi signal. My iphone could find the airport network, but could not connect. So I then called Xfinity back. Several calls later (and a long time on hold), I was connected with probably the best Xfinity tech I have ever talked to. I said I would give up my airport and just use the Xfinity router. He undid the bridge work, and then remotely accessed my router and changed the channel, upped the signal range and even reset my SSID and password to personal settings. He had me reboot my Pro several times, but we still could not get the Pro to connect (still a N02 error). Again, the Roamio connected immediately to the new SSID from Xfinity without problem. Of course, I'm now 2.5 hours into this, and because it is Sunday, Tivo phone support is closed. I plugged back in the airport, and the Pro connects flawlessly to that router. So I'm now back to having two working Roamios, but they still won't talk to each other... Any suggestions? Thanks!
kark2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #33
jrtroo
User

I cannot even attempt to read this entire wall of text. Willing to help, but its really difficult to get through your request. Perhaps a quick edit to remove some unneeded details and consolidate your resolution steps. Others may not have my comprehension problems, so they may be able to get through this better than I.

That being said, you best bet- go hardwired and avoid the issue.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #34
mlsnyc

Is there someone who's able to connect their Roamio Pro via WiFi to an Apple Airport Extreme with MAC filtering turned on (aka Timed Access Control)? I get either gateway (C207) or network router (N06) error codes. I tried the recommended solutions on Tivo's support pages but no dice. I checked over and over and I correctly entered the MAC address the error screen said I should be using.

If I turn off MAC filtering I'm able to connect fine. Network diagnostics reports signal strength is excellent when I'm connected. The Roamio's software version is 20.3.8-USA-6-840.

If someone who had this problem solved it and was able to connect with filtering turned on, please share what you did so I can give it a try.

Thanks in advance.
mlsnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #35
kucharsk

I have MAC address filtering enabled on my Apple Time Capsule 802.11ac and connect just fine with my Roamio Basic.

Really the hardest part was finding the MAC address in the first place, as you can't get to it during guided setup, and it's not printed on the box, so I had to shut off filtering, let it connect, find out what MAC address just connected and reenable filtering.

Software is 20.3.8-USA-6-846, but that's after multiple software downloads via the Wi-Fi connection.

Last edited by kucharsk : 01-31-2014 at 12:32 AM.
kucharsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #36
mlsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
I have MAC address filtering enabled on my Apple Time Capsule 802.11ac and connect just fine with my Roamio Basic.

Really the hardest part was finding the MAC address in the first place, as you can't get to it during guided setup, and it's not printed on the box, so I had to shut off filtering, let it connect, find out what MAC address just connected and reenable filtering.

Software is 20.3.8-USA-6-846, but that's after multiple software downloads via the Wi-Fi connection.
Thanks. Probably not a software version update I've missed since I don't think I'm too far behind what you have. Long shot that it's an issue with my Airport Extreme, which is either 1 or 2 generations older than yours and maybe doesn't have a fix that's in your model. But if anything I'd think the Airport is somehow at the root of the problem.

That is, unless other people with different routers also can't get their Tivo to connect with MAC filtering on?
Old 01-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #37
tatergator1

I don't use wireless for my Roamio, and haven't messed with MAC filtering, but something important to keep in mind is that a Roamio Plus/Pro has two MAC addresses. One for the DVR in general, and one for the built-in Stream. Are you sure you're entering the general one and not the one for the Stream?
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #38
mlsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I don't use wireless for my Roamio, and haven't messed with MAC filtering, but something important to keep in mind is that a Roamio Plus/Pro has two MAC addresses. One for the DVR in general, and one for the built-in Stream. Are you sure you're entering the general one and not the one for the Stream?
Yep, I put in the one the error message said I should be using, which is the same as the one shown in one of the network diagnostic screens (the one that lets you see the network status and test the connection). I even tried putting both the one used for wifi and streaming in the router's list. Still no dice.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #39
kucharsk

I just had this occur with my replacement Roamio, and it appears that once the Roamio self-assigns itself an IP address because of DHCP issues, though it goes through the motions it apparently isn't requesting a new address properly.

I gave up and assigned it a static IP on my network, and I'll retry DHCP at some future date.
kucharsk is offline   Reply With Quote