TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #61
Starfury9

I am sure glad that me and my wife have very similar viewing tastes, so one Roamio Plus and a mini work out really good. There are only a few shows that I like and she doesn't, or vice-versa.
Starfury9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:32 PM   #62
Dan203
Super Moderator

My wife watches mostly reality TV. Everything from Real Housewives, to Teen Mom, to the Amazing Race. I can't stand any of it. We have a core set of shows we watch together and we record those on my TiVo. But all the crap she watches by herself is on her own TiVo.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #63
ltxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
My wife watches mostly reality TV. Everything from Real Housewives, to Teen Mom, to the Amazing Race. I can't stand any of it. We have a core set of shows we watch together and we record those on my TiVo. But all the crap she watches by herself is on her own TiVo.
X2....and then harmony reigns.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #64
wecnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
It is not a joke at all. I don't want all the crap my wife likes to watch on my Tivo such as Keeping Up with the Kardashians or Dance Moms is another example.
I will tell you I did the same thing…

We had two Tivo HD's in our family room. One for me and one for the Mrs. I liked that my tivo was "smart" and knew me. :-)

It knew my shows and I didn't want hers shows tainting my tivo's thinking.

Even had to get an elaborate switcher system that I spent hundreds on to route both tiros' property at the push of a button.

Well, we moved and I did my setup again in the family room with both tivo hd's

but in this house we both tend to watch TV more in our very large kitchen. I was shocked at how well the tivo balanced recording for both of us.

There was always an equal mix of my crap and her crap. suggestions/recordings everything.

The one tivo did a great job. So….

I got the roamio and sold all the tivo's and I let it record everything for all of us… it wasn't a difficult transition at all.

Just something to keep in mind.
wecnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #65
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

We may move to just a Premiere in the family room, Roamio in the theater and possibly Mini's in the bedrooms. But I do have to confirm, the Mini will run it's own Netflix client, correct?
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #66
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
If money is no issue there is a case for more DVRs in a household where the various users watch very different content and each user has their own TV. Much easier to just manage your own content and let the kids and/or spouse manage there own on a different DVR.

Also some people might like to have a DVR that can do OTA so again if money is no issue having a Roamio Plus/Pro for cable and a base Roamio for OTA would be useful for some people.
Don't you lose live cable on the Roamio doing that though? You could always start a recording to watch it live I guess, but it seems like sort of a PITA. The elegance of the Roamio is having one central box that rules them all.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #67
dmk1974
DA BEARS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Yeah the other TiVos on your network which are not the Primary TiVo show up at the bottom of the list, just like they do when you're using the real TiVo, and you can select them and play anything you want from them as well.
Is there an option to list the other TiVo's on the network at the TOP of the list? I know I can tap the skip to end button, but at the top would be more frequent and convenient to easily call up the other box (or boxes) on the network.

TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (318 hr)
TiVo Premiere 4 w/Lifetime (77 hr)
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime (x4)
TiVo Stream
dmk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote