Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 AM   #31
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by overFEDEXed View Post
Are you using My3G, with the "Use Direct Flag" set to ON?
Nope, not using My3G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
The confusion here might be stemming from the fact that out-of-home (ie : over cellular) streaming is supposed to be an official feature coming to the app (ie : no jailbreak tweak required) and one poster even said it has arrived on his device, simply with the latest app update
Right, I was basing my testing on dbattaglia001's comment that it was enabled in the new version of the app and My3G was not mentioned so I assumed it was baked in. Doesn't seem to be the case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #32
spaldingclan

the update Tivo app still does OOH streaming on my ipad 3 using the version 37 of xCon and also works on my 5s
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #33
dbattaglia001

Quote:
The confusion here might be stemming from the fact that out-of-home (ie : over cellular) streaming is supposed to be an official feature coming to the app (ie : no jailbreak tweak required) and one poster even said it has arrived on his device, simply with the latest app update:

Unless he's mistaken, and is actually getting the feature because he has my3g or something equivalent installed?
I don't jailbreak or use any special software/hacks. But after installing app, for first time I was able to stream over cellular. Didn't dully test it, but I do verify that I started downloading a show over wifi off work...and then left and a box popped up asking if I wanted to continue downloading over cellular or instead pause and wait to resume when getting back on wifi. Not sure if the answer is different if I tried streaming. In any case it's a positive step to allow for downloads over cellular.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #34
spaldingclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbattaglia001 View Post
I don't jailbreak or use any special software/hacks. But after installing app, for first time I was able to stream over cellular. Didn't dully test it, but I do verify that I started downloading a show over wifi off work...and then left and a box popped up asking if I wanted to continue downloading over cellular or instead pause and wait to resume when getting back on wifi. Not sure if the answer is different if I tried streaming. In any case it's a positive step to allow for downloads over cellular.
Yep, download over 4g works but streaming does not. I just tried it
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #35
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Ah, gotcha, thanks for the clarification. This isn't then, in fact, "streaming over cellular." For that, we still must wait. And I must add that as a Time Warner customer, I am supremely disappointed that even streaming will only work for shows that don't have the CCI flag set. (For TWC customers, this means recordings only from local channels.)

I figured streaming was the answer to work around that CCI issue, but TiVo (once again) decides to be too cautious, to the detriment of the end user's experience.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #36
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
And I must add that as a Time Warner customer, I am supremely disappointed that even streaming will only work for shows that don't have the CCI flag set. (For TWC customers, this means recordings only from local channels.)
Same problem for us Brighthouse customers. Really kills the appeal of OOH streaming when you can't stream 80% of the content you have recorded on the TiVo.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #37
overFEDEXed

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
Same problem for us Brighthouse customers. Really kills the appeal of OOH streaming when you can't stream 80% of the content you have recorded on the TiVo.
Yes, but at least you have Dogwater, where you can eat cool food out of a dog bowl!!! Or is it closed now?

I'm going to do some testing on Thursday, to see what Cox cable streams over Cellular.

I'll post my results then.
overFEDEXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #38
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Shows without the CCI byte set, you'll be able to stream and download locally.

Shows with the CCI byte set, you'll be able to stream locally, but not download.

Those same shows (with the CCI byte set) won't be able to stream or download over cellular. Whether that's initiated via the official feature when it's released, or via My3G, it won't matter, I don't think. You won't have remote access to them. Which is lame. TiVo should have at least allowed streaming.

You will only be able to stream shows over cellular that don't have the CCI byte set. And with Time Warner and Brighthouse, that means recordings from local channels only. AFAIK Verizon FIOS users have no CCI byte set on ANY channel. I'm jealous.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #39
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Downloading over cellular has worked since OOH streaming was enabled. That's been working for a while.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #40
Alf Tanner

I'm trying that fix now. I didn't realize that on my iPad3 on ios 5.1 that I was getting something special by being able to stream live OOH using xcon and my3g. It works on an iPhone4 I have as well. iPhone 5 and ios7 = no go, iPad air + iOS7 = no go. I bought tsprotector P as well from cydia which is supposed to work to the same end for the TiVo app, no dice there either.

I still have unlimited LTE on my iPad from the original iPad plan that keeps following me when I upgrade iPads.
Alf Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #41
mickcris

The newest version of "tsProtector P" also works to block jailbreak detection in the TiVo app. I used this when i could not find a working version of xcon that would not crash on ios7.
mickcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #42
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickcris View Post
The newest version of "tsProtector P" also works to block jailbreak detection in the TiVo app. I used this when i could not find a working version of xcon that would not crash on ios7.
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of that one, and it appears to be a tweak that's been around for awhile (now at version 3.3.12-1.)

How did you learn about it? The description is in Chinese and the translation seems kinda vague.

Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #43
mickcris

Quote:
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of that one, and it appears to be a tweak that's been around for awhile (now at version 3.3.12-1.)

How did you learn about it? The description is in Chinese and the translation seems kinda vague.
I saw it on a reddit thread when searching for a fix, since i could not get xcon to work. It was not a thread specific for Tivo, but the OP of it was just asking for an xcon replacement for ios7.

Here is some info about it:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1458236

The program is in English and if you scroll down a bit in cydia, it also has an english description.

Last edited by mickcris : 01-20-2014 at 03:00 AM.
mickcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #44
towt

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I don't know why I didn't try googling it before. Apparently, tivo looks to see if you have entries for Winterboard. Installing that tsprotector pro seems to block it from seeing it. I am streaming on my 4s w/ ios 7
towt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:19 AM   #45
Alf Tanner

I've played around with a bunch of the jailbreak check block apps, The two I use now for that are "flex" and "TSProtectorP"

TSProtectorP works by denying apps access to system files, either selectively or entirely.

Flex has tons of tweaks for tons of apps and you can design tweaks yourself through that app.

My3G with direct flag on works for me to do OOH streaming, but I've never turned it off to see if it supports it natively.

The devices I've gotten everything to work properly are a iPhone5 AT&T, iPhone 5s verizon, iPad 3 AT&T and iPad Air AT&T, all running 7.0.4 or 7.0.3