TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #31
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenrosen View Post
My Roamio Plus is coming tomorrow. I have Fios CableCARDs in my old S3 (with OLED display). They are M-Cards, but I've had them for at least 4 years. Should I replace/exchange one for a new card or have they not upgraded the cards at all?
I would go get a new one while keeping your old one and see which is the latest version. It would be a good idea to do this anyway so you can keep both tivos active to transfer shows and season passes. Then just take the oldest one back once you're done and the old TiVo is deactivated.
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #32
Tom Pich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenrosen View Post
My Roamio Plus is coming tomorrow. I have Fios CableCARDs in my old S3 (with OLED display). They are M-Cards, but I've had them for at least 4 years. Should I replace/exchange one for a new card or have they not upgraded the cards at all?
I don't have FiOS but I remember reading this a while ago from Margret Schmidt concerning the part number of Motorola CableCards with FiOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret

If that number is either one of these:
514517-002-00 (MCPOD1)
514517-006-00 (MCPOD2)
we think you'll experience the problem.

We believe CableCARDs with this number:
514517-017-00 (MCPOD3)
will work correctly.
FiOS customers were experiencing pairing problems as well as macro blocking issues with the older CableCards, so you want to make sure you have CableCard part# 514517-017-00.
Tom Pich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #33
GPT999

Arrrrrg

I know this i an older thread but, OMG everytime I have to pair a card with Comcast here in MN, it never goes smoothly. It takes several times. I just got a Roamio a few months back, took a few tries to get HBO working, On Demand was not working, I tried several times over the coming weeks with changing cards, etc. Each time would take several calls and hours to get everything back and the on demand has never worked, I gave up.
Now I had situation with my Roamio failing so I wanted to switch that cable card to my premiere... Same crap and now its worse, several days later, no HBO still. Have talked to Tivo , they said no problems. Comcast always says the card is paired but the Conditional Access status "Val: ? 0x51" says otherwise. They tell me to wait 45 min to "check" but the last time it worked, it was right away... Sorry just venting,... And when I get my fixed Roamio back, guess what I will have to do this again. Shoot me, pls!
GPT999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #34
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT999 View Post
I know this i an older thread but, OMG everytime I have to pair a card with Comcast here in MN, it never goes smoothly. It takes several times. I just got a Roamio a few months back, took a few tries to get HBO working, On Demand was not working, I tried several times over the coming weeks with changing cards, etc. Each time would take several calls and hours to get everything back and the on demand has never worked, I gave up.
Now I had situation with my Roamio failing so I wanted to switch that cable card to my premiere... Same crap and now its worse, several days later, no HBO still. Have talked to Tivo , they said no problems. Comcast always says the card is paired but the Conditional Access status "Val: ? 0x51" says otherwise. They tell me to wait 45 min to "check" but the last time it worked, it was right away... Sorry just venting,... And when I get my fixed Roamio back, guess what I will have to do this again. Shoot me, pls!
I have activated cable cards Comcast (Tel 8774052298) about 20 times for myself and friends, works only about 90% of the time without problems.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #35
digitalfirefly

I just did this last night. I moved it from my XL4 to the Roamio Pro. Went through the setup, and it worked fine. I didn't need to contact the cable company at all.
digitalfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote