TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #301
cyphers72

The old Android cert expires 2/14/14. Doing anything interesting here will require extraction of a fresher cert from the Android or iOS app, or finally dig out someone to enable developers at TiVo which will likely never happen at the rate things are going. My understanding is that the last developer relations guy was torched in late 2012 just as the program was finally getting off the ground.
cyphers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #302
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FYI, the 20.3.7 software update made things worse for HTML5. Now when you start a web page it no longer grabs focus by default, so I'm unable to scroll through any elements of the page or insert text, etc.
Quote:
20.3.8 software still has this bug and brought back one of the stupid HDUI wishlist issues again - so a step backwards.
Discovered today using my Slide Pro remote that some buttons do let you navigate around a web page, but not the way the arrow buttons used to work:
Q,A & W,S
Also note that "space" scrolls down if there is a vertical scroll bar.

Looks like Q,A buttons jump up and down between links while W,S jump between other field types (though not input fields).

Better than no control but not as good as the arrow keys used to behave...

NOTE: You can use kmttg Remote tab, Remote sub-tab and then your keyboard buttons to get the above buttons if you don't have a Slide remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #303
swythan

Big Grin Virgin Media client cert expiry FAIL

Quote:
Certificate I'm currently using expires early next year which is an obstacle I'm not looking forward to overcoming.
FYI: The client certificate being used by Virgin Media's iPad app (and me) just expired (on 5th Jan 2014). Their entire "TV Anywhere" service essentially went offline for about a day, before coming back to life. You can currently connect through their servers ("Away Mode" / middlemind), but not directly to your own TiVo over the LAN ("Home Mode").

I'm guessing they've (partially?) turned off the client certificate verification on the server. I imagine an updated version of the iPad app will be coming along shortly!

Nice planning Virgin Media! ;-)
swythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #304
arantius

Quote:
Originally Posted by swythan View Post
I'm guessing they've (partially?) turned off the client certificate verification on the server. I imagine an updated version of the iPad app will be coming along shortly!
If you want to verify this, run DVR Commander (or KMTTG?) against a VM box. Traditionally this fails. I have once in the past verified that all the features work, if a VM cert is used. (But since I don't have a legitimate cert, I've only done so for testing.) If they're really doing no cert validation now, the app would work.

I'd be surprised if they've done this/things will remain this way.
arantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #305
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swythan View Post
FYI: The client certificate being used by Virgin Media's iPad app (and me) just expired (on 5th Jan 2014). Their entire "TV Anywhere" service essentially went offline for about a day, before coming back to life. You can currently connect through their servers ("Away Mode" / middlemind), but not directly to your own TiVo over the LAN ("Home Mode").

Nice planning Virgin Media! ;-)
Sounds like a repeat of the hard-coded cookie expiration date TiVos had built-in for session verification of .tivo transfers, which they had to fix last Feb.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #306
onovotny

@moyekj, Any chance you could put an exe wrapper on Kmttg? Right now it fonts and icons look way too small on Windows Hi DPI displays. On exe's, there are manifest options to specify dpi awareness (enabled or not) and there are compatibility settings that can be set on a shortcut. Neither works on a jar

I'm happy to help test stuff if you don't have a Hi DPI display.

Thanks!
onovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #307
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by onovotny View Post
@moyekj, Any chance you could put an exe wrapper on Kmttg? Right now it fonts and icons look way too small on Windows Hi DPI displays. On exe's, there are manifest options to specify dpi awareness (enabled or not) and there are compatibility settings that can be set on a shortcut. Neither works on a jar

I'm happy to help test stuff if you don't have a Hi DPI display.

Thanks!
Not sure why you are posting this in this thread instead of kmttg thread. In kmttg Config->Visual tab you can set font size. For icon you can create a desktop shortcut for kmttg.jar and then change to whatever icon you want by right clicking and selecting Properties->Shortcut->Change Icon.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #308
onovotny

Quote:
Not sure why you are posting this in this thread instead of kmttg thread. In kmttg Config->Visual tab you can set font size. For icon you can create a desktop shortcut for kmttg.jar and then change to whatever icon you want by right clicking and selecting Properties->Shortcut->Change Icon.
Not sure, just forgot about the other thread?

That works, though I would hope it could be more automatic. Minor thing, I know, but more ppl are getting high dpi displays. If you can detect you're running on windows, you could do something like this:

Code:
private static int GetZoomFactor()
        {
            try
            {
                using (var regKey = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontDPI"))
                {
                    var pixels = (int)regKey.GetValue("LogPixels");
                    var factor = ((double)pixels / 96) * 100;
                    return (int)factor;
                }
            }
            catch (Exception)
            {
                return 100;
            }
        }

onovotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #309
moyekj

Updated python code using pkcs12 authentication

Took some time this morning to see if I could get sample python RPC code working again with the stricter authentication. I did get it working.

* 1st step obviously is obtaining pkcs12 certificate file & associated password. This is the hardest and "top secret" part.
* Generate a cdata.pem file from cdata.p12 file using "openssl" (will prompt you for password ):
Code:
openssl pkcs12 -in cdata.p12 -out cdata.pem -nodes
* Adjust python code to add the pem certificate file:
Code:
self.ssl_socket = ssl.wrap_socket(self.socket, certfile='cdata.pem')
Attached to this post is "remote3.py" which defaults to spitting out MyShows listing with the adjusted authentication and a cdata.pem file that expires 6/1/2015.
Attached Files
File Type: zip remote3.zip (7.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by moyekj : 01-26-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #310
DebiLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
Excellent find! That's funny after all the time they spent playing up how great it was for Flash to be available on the Premiere.

How about pages with html5 <video> tags with tivo-friendly mp4? Maybe try this test page (has ogg theora, webm, and h.264/mp4 examples)
Ok so now that the Roamio, Mini, and Premiere were redesigned with HAXE instead of Flash, has anything changed with findings from these tests? Has anything been retested recently?
DebiLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #311
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
Ok so now that the Roamio, Mini, and Premiere were redesigned with HAXE instead of Flash, has anything changed with findings from these tests? Has anything been retested recently?
The only development is that since 20.4.1 software update TiVo shutdown ability to launch arbitrary web pages using RPC. See python HME web launcher thread for more on that. Launching Flash pages using uiNavigate still works. If you sign up as Opera TV developer then you get access to their official URL Launcher from paired TiVo(s) from which you can launch web pages.