TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
buscuitboy

Question 4-tuner Premiere lifetimes for $99

I see that some have mentioned getting $99 lifetime offers for 2-tuner Premieres when upgrading to a Roamio.

I have a 4-tuner Premiere on a monthly basis. Was also thinking of getting a Roamio. Anybody get the $99 lifetime offer for a 4-tuner Premiere when getting a Roamio? Just wondering if this is an option.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I'm sure there has been. How long have you had that Premiere 4 on monthly payments?

If you buy a Roamio, you'll have some pretty good leverage against TiVo for the offer.
Buy the Roamio and put MSD lifetime on it, then call TiVo and suggest that you want to cancel the service on the Premiere, but you would be willing to accept an offer to lifetime it for $99 instead of having it go to the electronic landfill.

Another route would be to buy a Roamio at retail and call TiVo to have the monthly service transferred from the Premiere to the Roamio. Then you ask if it is possible to get the $99 lifetime offer they are giving to "everybody else", again suggesting that it would be better than letting the Premiere hit the dump heap.

Depending on how long you've had that Premiere, TiVo might even offer you the deal even without buying a Roamio. Just call and threaten to cancel the service. If you've had the Premiere for longer than 3 years, there's a chance you'll get the offer. If less than 3 years, you might not get the $99 offer, but they will offer something, maybe $199 or $299.
It all depends on which CSR you talk to. We call that playing CSR roulette. If you don't like the offer one CSR gives you, hang up and call back another time until you get a CSR that gives you what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
unitron

I'd think that making them think the Roamio purchase you are about to make, but haven't yet, is riding on getting the $99 deal on your older TiVo would give you more leverage than if you'd already bought it.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:15 AM   #4
Series3Sub

It's been discussed in another thread and I believe it was determined that one had to have had the TiVo or paid monthly for at lest 3 years.
Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote