TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #31
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Interesting that they are calling it the "season" finale, not the series finale. Has this been renewed? I thought ratings were fairly bad (for CBS) and that it was supposed to be a "one off" anyway. I have kind of liked the season, but I can't see how they could string this out and make it interesting going forward. It's kind of like Prison Break in that respect. Once the story line is over, what now?
Old 01-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #32
NashvilleKat
Retired Old Fart

We are in the midst of binge watching the season and enjoying it. Not the greatest show ever but also not the worst.

My wife told me she heard the plan is if there is another season, it will be a different hostage situation.

Last edited by NashvilleKat : 01-06-2014 at 08:07 AM.
NashvilleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #33
LlamaLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Interesting that they are calling it the "season" finale, not the series finale. Has this been renewed?
I was wondering the same thing and since there was no finale thread (that I found) I am glad someone else asked here.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #34
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

BTW, hated the ending.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #35
BradJW

I watched every single episode. I thought the wife/doctor was absolutely horrible, but I think the entire cast was pretty bad. There really wasn't much redeeming about this show. yet I still watched.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #36
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
I watched every single episode. I thought the wife/doctor was absolutely horrible, but I think the entire cast was pretty bad. There really wasn't much redeeming about this show. yet I still watched.
this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #37
Azlen

This is the end. The ratings were awful for this and there is no way that CBS will bring it back. There was nothing about the way it ended that made me want more.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #38
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Toni Collette is a pretty good actress, but most of this show she didn't show it. I thought the ending was about as good as could be expected, except:

Major Finale spoiler:
Spoiler:
My wife and I literally laughed out loud and mocked the show when Ellen just dropped the marrow off with Nina and told her to have her doctors give it to her. That is surely the most preposterous of all the preposterous things that happened on this show.

TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #39
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Toni Collette is a pretty good actress, but most of this show she didn't show it. I thought the ending was about as good as could be expected, except:

Major Finale spoiler:
Spoiler:
My wife and I literally laughed out loud and mocked the show when Ellen just dropped the marrow off with Nina and told her to have her doctors give it to her. That is surely the most preposterous of all the preposterous things that happened on this show.
Agree with this (and your spoiler). There were so many head scratching moments with this show, but once I was in, I wanted to see how it ended. If this had any basis in reality the whole plot would have been blown up by no later than episode 3. I was very disappointed in Toni Collete especially who was SO wooden in her part. When you compare the work she did here with what she did on "Tara" it makes you wonder if it was even the same actress.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #40
smbaker

I enjoyed it, but this was a truly stupid series. All believability was lost by the second or third episode, at best.

I too find it interesting that they referred to it as a season rather than series finale. I would like to say they left it in a state with so much resolution that its impossible to continue, but .... Somehow they stretched out a plot befitting to a 2 hour movie into an entire season of implausible twists. So, anything is possible.

Era: for what it's worth, I'm fine with the ending. It was no more implausible than the rest of the series. Any viewer who made it this far knew what he/she was in for.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:54 AM   #41
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
I enjoyed it, but this was a truly stupid series. All believability was lost by the second or third episode, at best.

I too find it interesting that they referred to it as a season rather than series finale. I would like to say they left it in a state with so much resolution that its impossible to continue, but .... Somehow they stretched out a plot befitting to a 2 hour movie into an entire season of implausible twists. So, anything is possible.

Era: for what it's worth, I'm fine with the ending. It was no more implausible than the rest of the series. Any viewer who made it this far knew what he/she was in for.
I didn't like the way they tied the ending into a nice neat bow with everyone living (mostly) happily ever after. Wife and hubby seemed to reconcile after so much jibber jabber about the affair and how she can't forget. Kidnapper and wife also happy, after wife was so pissed. The whole business with the First lady helping out seemed SO contrived. But yeah, I guess in context it's no more stupid than the rest of the series which I enjoyed for what it was.

I guess they could do another season after our kidnapper is out of prison, and he becomes the negotiator he started out to be in the pilot....but really, I'd be more content if this was just one and done. Much like Under the Dome should have been.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #42
Azlen

Quote:
I guess they could do another season after our kidnapper is out of prison, and he becomes the negotiator he started out to be in the pilot....but really, I'd be more content if this was just one and done. Much like Under the Dome should have been.
The ratings for the finale were a 1.0. That's really, really bad for a show on CBS. There is no chance that there will be a second season. It was a miracle that CBS didn't cancel it during its run and they probably would have it if wasn't a short season (13 episodes) show.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #43
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
The ratings for the finale were a 1.0. That's really, really bad for a show on CBS. There is no chance that there will be a second season. It was a miracle that CBS didn't cancel it during its run and they probably would have it if wasn't a short season (13 episodes) show.
I'd agree with you, except you have to wonder why they didn't call it "the finale" or the "series finale". Why did they call it the "season finale" if they have no intention on bringing it back? That just seems odd.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #44
Azlen

Quote:
I'd agree with you, except you have to wonder why they didn't call it "the finale" or the "series finale". Why did they call it the "season finale" if they have no intention on bringing it back? That just seems odd.
I guess it's because CBS hasn't "officially" canceled it as of yet. I don't think we'll ever hear about it again though.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #45
Todd
Stig Twins are Here!

While I could certainly pick apart pieces of this show, plus I found the doctor difficult to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed this show the whole season.

"Money is fungible, no?" - Turtleboy
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #46
NashvilleKat
Retired Old Fart

We are down to the finale and this show....

Well, I'm glad there are only 2 hours left. I've really had to suspend logic to watch the last few episodes.
NashvilleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #47
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post

Major Finale spoiler:
Spoiler:
It's a TV show. You can find many dozens of issues with each episode like just about every TV show ever broadcast.

I was just glad they aired all the episodes. At the beginning of the season chose Hostages over The Blacklist. But then after hearing alot of people talk about The Blacklist I caught up with that. I enjoyed Hostages. But it was nowhere near as good as the Blacklist has been. And I was glad that Hostages had a limited number of episodes.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote