TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
blacter

What happened to CNET?

I can't remember how I set it up initially, but I've received and enjoyed CNET videos for a number of years. Now they no longer show up. A search told me to sign up through "Showcases," I tried that but found only two options. Something called "Killer Woman" and a Bounty paper towel commercial. Do any of you know how/if I can get CNET back?
blacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
caughey

CNET is still there. They took some days off over the holidays but are putting out one or two videos a day from CES. Which TiVo are you using?

This might help: http://www.tivo.com/my-account/how-t...video-podcasts

Last edited by caughey : 01-08-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added link
caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

They took away the special web videos app and incorporated it into search instead. Or you can watch some of them directly through the Launchpad app. You can see a list of the ones you have set to auto download in the Manage Recording & Downloads->Download Manager section.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
mattack

While I think it's way more of a pain to find out about various videos -- i.e. I guess there's essentially NO BROWSE at all, which is how I found the CNET videos originally..

one change that they made now that *IS* cool is that you can simply "Explore the Show" to use a MUCH more similar UI as when dealing with TV Shows.. i.e. downloading old episodes is much easier now IMHO.

Though admittedly, nowadays I mostly download on the Tivo as a "backup" and really end up watching on my iPad since I can watch at 2x there. (Backup may not really be the right word, but once in a RARE while, one of the other seems to miss an episode, and since they post a LOT of videos, there isn't a hugely long backlog of available episodes..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
RonH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
They took away the special web videos app and incorporated it into search instead. Or you can watch some of them directly through the Launchpad app. You can see a list of the ones you have set to auto download in the Manage Recording & Downloads->Download Manager section.
Good to know I'd not lost my mind. I too couldn't remember how I subbed to those videos but I do recall being able to "browse", which is the only reason I found them all to begin with. I'm not so certain search would be very useful unless you knew the thing you were searching for existed under some name. I didn't know all these videos existed until I spent 30 minutes browsing through the list one day long ago.

I subscribed to a dozen or so and have been enjoying them. After getting the Roamio I could not find how to add the subscription. I could find CNET using some app whose name I don't recall and view some videos but there was no way to subscribe from there.

So now I'll go back to the Premiere, jot down the names of the broadcast I subbed to, then go 'search' for them on the Roamio. At least they're still available.

Also. Stupid that CNET would not let me 'transfer' them though. Duh.
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
jgametest

Big Grin Cnet

Last I recall there is two places to find Cnet. One is in HotList and the other is in OperaTVStore and choose Cnet. Now I noticed they added a few apps in this function. I'm wondering Tivo is planning on removing the app from the main page and letting Opera run the show.
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote