TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #31
carolynannmaher

I am having the same problem. Am now trying static IP address to see what happens. I agree with above - seems like a timeout problem. My download error does not happen at the same time every time. Continue to get N11 errors. Shouldn't Tivo be providing a fix by now??
carolynannmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #32
mattycb

My other thought is that TiVo may have dropped a turd on the adapter itself and not on the TiVo box.

Has anyone tried to manually reinstall the N adapter firmware or gone to a back level?

Matt B
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattycb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #33
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattycb View Post
Setting the N adapter to static ip from within the router did not help.
Don't forget you also have to set the TiVo to use a static IP address.
You may have done that, but just making sure you didn't just make the change in your router.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
carolynannmaher

Ahh - I only set static IP in Tivo - not in router. Now I am travelling for a couple days so will follow forum but as FYI until I get home. Also, I noticed that no matter what I told Tivo in the "choose network" option (either use Ethernet or use Tivo N Wireless Adapter), it always showed using Ethernet on the screen asking to force a network connection. Does that make sense? I have a Wireless N adapter plugged in and thought I had been using that the whole time (worked great until the Fall 2013 update messed things up). Welcome anyone's opinion on that too. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #35
peleke12

Connection Interrupted (N11) update

I had tried everything, including specifically opening and forwarding ports to the Tivo on a fixed IP. No luck, so decided to chat with Tivo support one more time. This time, they seem to recognize that it is a problem, and said that connecting through a hardwire connection not only works , but seems to resolve the wireless issue. Since my router is in the office and Tivo in the living room, I disconnected the Tivo, took it in the office and connected it directly to the router and monitor, no cable. First try resulted in the N11 Connection Interrupted error, but decided to try once more and it worked! Haven't tried to update it again wirelessly but it is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Will post an update. I wonder how many downloads normally fail but since it happens in background and keeps trying, it isn't obvious.
peleke12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #36
peleke12

Wireless update successful

Tivo support was correct. I updated connected directly to the router yesterday, and after weeks of frustrating troubleshooting, it successfully did a scheduled update today through the wireless adapter. My only problem now is that every time I reset the router, the adapter establishes a G connection unless I connect the adapter to a pc and manually connect to an N port. I can live with that.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
carolynannmaher

I talked to TiVo support yesterday and they told me TiVo is going to send out an update to the Fall 2013 download in the next 7-10 days. She admitted it has caused problems with customers who use wireless. In the meantime, she had me revert to the SD menu and reboot everything again - and return the IP address to DHCP - and it worked. So I'm back in action and hope to go back to HD menu after the next service update. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
tivoknucklehead

same boat here, I've had to reset my N adapter with a paperclip 3 times now, works for awhile, than N11 error in middle of a download. such a frustrating waste of time, they better fix this soon

and changing from HD menu to SD and rebooting did not stop my N11 errors, I have gone 1 week without a successful download.

Last edited by tivoknucklehead : 12-11-2013 at 02:48 PM.
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #39
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

For those of you experiencing issues with your wireless N Adapter, please email me (margret@tivo.com):

1. Your TSN
2. The MAC address from the bottom of the N Adapter

Please use the subject: "N Adapter issues"

This info will let us look at your logs and figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #40
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
For those of you experiencing issues with your wireless N Adapter, please email me (margret@tivo.com):

1. Your TSN
2. The MAC address from the bottom of the N Adapter

Please use the subject: "N Adapter issues"

This info will let us look at your logs and figure out what is going on.

Thanks,
--Margret

done
Old 12-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoknucklehead View Post
same boat here, I've had to reset my N adapter with a paperclip 3 times now, works for awhile, than N11 error in middle of a download. such a frustrating waste of time, they better fix this soon

and changing from HD menu to SD and rebooting did not stop my N11 errors, I have gone 1 week without a successful download.
I know this probably doesn't sound important to you with your issue, but I transfer, almost daily, four HD 1 hour programs between two Premiers. One is wired on one floor and one is wireless on another. I usually watch something live or recorded while they transfer. I have never had any error of any kind. My router is set for DHCP but the two TiVo units have reservations and use channel 1, which nothing nearby seems to use.

It just bothers me why mine works and you have problems.
JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #42
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I know this probably doesn't sound important to you with your issue, but I transfer, almost daily, four HD 1 hour programs between two Premiers. One is wired on one floor and one is wireless on another. I usually watch something live or recorded while they transfer. I have never had any error of any kind. My router is set for DHCP but the two TiVo units have reservations and use channel 1, which nothing nearby seems to use.

It just bothers me why mine works and you have problems.
tonight I'm going to try another adapter and if that fails run a long ethernet cable to my tivo until they fix this. todays marks the 8th consecutive day of a fail in the middle of a programming download

update: tried a new Tivo wireless N adapter. same issue, downloads stopped half way though download (or earlier) and routine podcast transfers from my PC to Tivo fail.

connected an ethernet cable from my router to the Premiere and download was successful on first try and podcasts all transferred too

thus there definitively is a software issue with this Tivo update and the Tivo branded wireless n adapter because I was fine BEFORE that update

Last edited by tivoknucklehead : 12-12-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #43
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
thus there definitively is a software issue with this Tivo update and the Tivo branded wireless n adapter because I was fine BEFORE that update
Agree. Never had a single issue until the update.

I too had to run a hardline to the unit to be able to connect to the TiVo service.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #44
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

I'm looking for a few people (who know how to determine the IP address their N Adapter is using) to test something for me that could give us further insight.

If you're up for the challenge, please email me (margret@tivo.com) and I'll send instructions.

Thank you,
--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #45
tivoknucklehead

I got my downloads going again by switching from the bricked Tivo branded Wireless N adapter to a Linksys N adapter that I had sitting around model WET610N. worked on first attempt

as noted above, 2 different Tivo N adapters did not work
Old 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #46
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Any word on when they are going to fix this issue? It is annoying having to run a cable through the house in order for the TiVo to connect.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #47
tivoknucklehead

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining, I assume many use the Tivo branded Wireless N adapters. I gave up on mine and switched brands (post 45)
Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #48
JoeKustra
Cable only

Perhaps, like me, 20.3.7.1a has not caused any problems. I am worried about 20.3.8 since I have not received that yet. That's why I wait. I want to know what to look for.
JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #49
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
I'm surprised more people aren't complaining, I assume many use the Tivo branded Wireless N adapters. I gave up on mine and switched brands (post 45)
Thanks for the callback to your post! Just ordered one from Amazon.

Thanks TiVo for bricking the $99 official TiVo adapter and making me spend another $90 to connect wirelessly again. Stay classy.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #50
celtic pride

For what its worth i noticed amazon and my local best buy store have the tivo N adapter for $39.99 down from $89.99.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #51
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

sorry to hear you're having troubles. i've never used the tivo wireless-n adapter, since i already had 2 linksys wet610n's and 1 wes610n before switching to tivo - they have no issues after the update.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #52
randyb359

I use the tivo wireless n adapter and have not had any problems since resetting it
randyb359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #53
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Is this still a widespread issue, I see several people complaining on Facebook about this?

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #54
jaylogs
Newbie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Is this still a widespread issue, I see several people complaining on Facebook about this?
My Tivo got an update yesterday and now I cannot connect to Tivo service. I had this issue after the last update, but somehow I got it working (although I couldn't get it in "blue light" mode as I could when I first got my adapter). I will be emailing Margret, it looks like!
jaylogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #55
hu79

Wet610n

Frustrating month or so trying to get my Series 4 to connect wirelessly via Tivo N adapter, had to use direct ethernet connection 2x due to wireless failures (N11, C113). Purchased the Cisco Linksys WET610N based on comments on this forum, just completed configuring and connecting, worked like a charm. Not pleased had to spend the $90 to get me back to where I was with the Tivo N adapter (for a number of years), but pleased it worked.
hu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #56
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I can see why people are having trouble manually updating the N Adapter firmware.

The "Download the firmware" link only seems to work in Firefox.
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1674

Firmware Link:
http://www.tivo.com/tivo-assets/nada...V1.1.E1.uImage

EDIT: for IE and Chrome you need to right click on the link and Save (target or link) As...

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 01-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #57
watsog

Connection probs with N adapter

I've had problems off and on since I installed it Dec 5. Was working fine since Xmas until we had a 1 second power dropout. Now it's giving C133 error and hasn't connected to service since 1/8. I've tried rebooting everything (first modem, then router, then plug tivo in). One thing I'm confused about is Tivo has two IP addresses. When I browse to one it gives me the "congratulations" page you get when setting up. When I browse to the other it gives me an "N adapter" page with some info. What's going on? Both listed with same MAC address by the router. Is this normal? That's whats stopped me from setting up a reserved IP address for the tivo.
I'm running the 20.3.7.1a01-2-746 software.
watsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #58
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I bet Cisco is thanking TiVo for the increase in sales.

I too bought the the Cisco Linksys WET610N mentioned here, and it works perfectly.

I can finally roll up the network cable that was stretched across the house and put the official TiVo N Adapter in a box.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #59
peleke12

Still not updating via wireless

I had wireless N problems since the update and support told me that doing a hardwire update would fix the problem. It did, but only temporarily. After a couple of weeks, I got the same 'connection interrupted' errors and again disconnected the Tivo, took it into the office and did an update through a hardwire connection. Yesterday was the 3rd time. Any idea when this might be corrected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleke12 View Post
Tivo support was correct. I updated connected directly to the router yesterday, and after weeks of frustrating troubleshooting, it successfully did a scheduled update today through the wireless adapter. My only problem now is that every time I reset the router, the adapter establishes a G connection unless I connect the adapter to a pc and manually connect to an N port. I can live with that.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #60
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

NETGEAR WNCE4004-100NAS Dual-Band N900 4-Port Wi-Fi Adapter - $29.99

NETGEAR WNCE4004-100NAS Dual-Band N900 Video and Gaming 4-Port Wi-Fi Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122509

$29.99
With Promo Code EMCPWHF45, ends 1/30
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail...x-landing.html