TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
celtic pride

4 years on still having v301 error code!

I still get the v301 error code when trying to use rhaposdy on top of that now when i try to use spotify on my tivo premeire xl i get NO SOUND! I tried to access spotify 3 times last night and couldnt get any sound. I'm so frutrated with tivo not fixing the v301 error code for the last4 years .
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
P42

Accept that Tivo isn't going to fix the problem and find a better solution, might I suggest a $50 Roku?
P42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
celtic pride

Whats th point of using tivo then if the apps never work right? This is why i want a tivo that is just a dvr!I HATE APPS and STREAMING!!!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
P42

Ummm.....if you just want a Tivo that is just a DVR, then use it just for that, and ignore the apps and streaming. Don't worry, Tivo won't cry. Shrug.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #5
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by P42 View Post
Ummm.....if you just want a Tivo that is just a DVR, then use it just for that, and ignore the apps and streaming. Don't worry, Tivo won't cry. Shrug.
Sure, Tivo can be used as just a DVR. But why does that excuse Tivo for not fixing a problem?
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
P42

It doesn't. But there comes a point in time where you need to recognize that the problem is not going to be fixed, and go else where. After 4yrs of not fixing the problem, I think it is fair to say that they ain't.

IMO the Premiere works great as a DVR, but the few apps I've tried, eg Netflix some time back, were slow and a poor UI compared to the Roku. Tivo was chasing the one box to rule them all, but the Premiere was underpowered for that, maybe the Roamio isn't, time will tell.