Due to an issue with my local channels/Tivo/antenna power/amplifiers (long story), one channel is shifted two sub channels (42-3 instead of 42-1) so it does not have a program listing. As a result, I have to manually record shows on this channel. To ease the problem, I simply record from 7PM to 9PM each week night, watch what I want, and discard the rest.
This evening I wanted to record a football game on the same channel so I cancelled my recording from 7PM to 9PM and added a recording from 7PM to 12AM. The regularly scheduled program was cancelled (shows up as cancelled in my history) and the new recording showed up in my to-do list.
When I sat down tonight and started watching the program (recording in progress), I noticed that the channel was only recording for 2 hours (7PM to 9PM) as is usually scheduled.
How can I prevent a one time scheduled recording from being deleted and replaced with a previously cancelled daily recording should I need to do this in the future?
- Tivo Roamio w/antenna input
- DVR 3% full so plenty of room available
- no loss of power to the Tivo
- recording programmed at least 1 hour before it was supposed to occur
- regularly scheduled program cancelled at least 1 hour before it was supposed to occur