TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-02-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
preilly44

Strange Tivo Mini & Roamio Pro issue

Hello all,

I have a strange issue. My Mini is saying it can't find the Roamio Pro (error c421) and it won't let me view any recorded shows. Here is the strange part, I can view live TV with no problems (so it has to have a connection to the Pro).

I've tried power cycling the mini and the Pro with no luck. I can connect to the Tivo service from the mini (and the pro) and I have another Mini that works off the same Pro with no problems.

Any ideas?

Patrick
preilly44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by preilly44 View Post
Hello all,

I have a strange issue. My Mini is saying it can't find the Roamio Pro (error c421) and it won't let me view any recorded shows. Here is the strange part, I can view live TV with no problems (so it has to have a connection to the Pro).

I've tried power cycling the mini and the Pro with no luck. I can connect to the Tivo service from the mini (and the pro) and I have another Mini that works off the same Pro with no problems.

Any ideas?

Patrick
If this is a new Mini it takes a few days to find your pro, try a call homes with both units.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
preilly44

Looks like I fixed it by power cycling the Pro, Mini, Wireless bridge, router and cable modem at the same time.

It is very strange that I was able to view live TV from the Mini (via the Pro) but nothing else.

Thanks for your help!
preilly44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Videodrome
tivo - please wait..

Tivo networking is trash, i mean if 2 pcs can communicate on a lan. There is no reason the tivo shouldn't be able to. I have a mini ,and it says my other primere is not compatible. I wouldnt recommend the mini to anyone considering how many attempts i have taken to get it working .
Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videodrome View Post
Tivo networking is trash, i mean if 2 pcs can communicate on a lan. There is no reason the tivo shouldn't be able to. I have a mini ,and it says my other primere is not compatible. I wouldnt recommend the mini to anyone considering how many attempts i have taken to get it working .
TiVo has a copyright problem so the network on the Mini is a pain as TiVo make sure that the TiVo you are trying to connect to is in your account, we have all had this problem and after a few days it works just great, been using the Mini from when it came out and when it started working it has been very reliable.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
abeln2672

Quote:
Hello all,

Any ideas?

Patrick
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this EXACT same problem with a Mini and Roamio Basic. I can watch Live TV and also use the "small guide" (by clicking select), but hitting the actual Guide button or trying to access the Now Playing List gives me the error message. I see that the OP solved it by power cycling everything, but I've been having this problem intermittently for a few days now and would hate to do that every time -- especially with the slow reboot time on Tivos. Anyone else seen this issue?
abeln2672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #7
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeln2672 View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this EXACT same problem with a Mini and Roamio Basic. I can watch Live TV and also use the "small guide" (by clicking select), but hitting the actual Guide button or trying to access the Now Playing List gives me the error message. I see that the OP solved it by power cycling everything, but I've been having this problem intermittently for a few days now and would hate to do that every time -- especially with the slow reboot time on Tivos. Anyone else seen this issue?
I would try doing a complete reset on the Mini and see if that resolves the issue.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #8
lew-wolfgang

Quote:
Hello all,

Any ideas?

Patrick
I had this happen twice, starting about a week ago. I've got the Roamio Pro with three Mini's. The c421 error appears on all three! last night I rebooted only the Pro and the three Mini's started to work without touching them. So the problem is definitely in the Pro.

The Mini's were able to check in to the mother ship by themselves and the network diagnostics looked okay. Netflix didn't work.
lew-wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
CiXel

I had the same thing and rebooting the Roamio did the trick. Fortunately nothing was recording at the time, but this could be nastty
CiXel is offline   Reply With Quote