TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
sinanju

MGMHD on FiOS. Nothing xfers past 300MB

I didn't notice this problem on my S3 or Elite. I've tried to transfer multiple recordings, and rerecorded many programs to try and get good copies. The result is always the same: The transfer starts slow, remains slow, then dies at around 300MB. Anyone else served out of of Burlington, MA notice the same?

I'm using curl with tivodecode.
sinanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

I've seen this when attempting to transfer a H.264 show using the PS format. H.264 only works with the TS format.

I don't know how curl works, but you can log into the TiVo directly by going to...

https://<tivo ip>/nowplaying/index.html

when prompted for a user name and password enter tivo for the user name and your MAK for the password.

On the resulting page you have the option to download each show as either PS or TS, try TS first. If it doesn't work try PS instead. If neither works then try rebooting the TiVo and try again.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
sinanju

Just found the version of tivodecode that does TS on 64-bit Linux in the TTG forum... lack of that was a problem previously, leaving me stuck with PS. TS seems to be working just fine.
sinanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Beware that version that does TS is not 100%. It can cause minor errors to be introduced into the video.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

What actually happens with H.264 channels (which MGM is now, on Fios) when you try to do a program stream extraction is, you only get the soundtrack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote