TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #211
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBoost View Post
I have no sound using Netflix with my Premiere. This has been an ongoing problem for a long time through all of the updates. Been using my PS3, it would be nice to use TiVo. Any suggestions to correct this?
Do you have 5.1 sound selected for titles which have it? If so, can your AVR handle Dolby Digital Plus? Some older receiver/amps can't, and pretty much no televisions.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #212
JC Fedorczyk

So I take it the latest update didn't fix the reboot issue?
JC Fedorczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #213
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Fedorczyk View Post
So I take it the latest update didn't fix the reboot issue?
No, I don't think so. The release notes that TiVoMargret posted didn't include it.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #214
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

The wife and I watched a bunch of "The IT Crowd" episodes yesterday via NetFlix streaming and it worked quite nicely until we finished watching the last episode. Trying to return to TiVo Central from the NetFlix app caused a reboot. I can't be 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that was the first NetFlix related reboot I've experienced.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #215
JC Fedorczyk

Yeah that's part of the annoyance. I watched 2 or 3 episodes of something right after the update and thought it was fixed. Then got a crash after an hour of a movie and then got immediate crashes no matter what on another show.

I'm sure the randomness of the issue isn't helping identify a solution but man it sure would be nice to have it fixed.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #216
pgoelz

I have had zero crashes and we watch a couple Netflix programs each night. There HAS to be something I am or am not doing that doesn't stimulate crashes.

Roamio basic, 2TB
Hardwired (never set up WiFi)
28Mb/S internet, recenetly upgraded to 55Mb/S
~70mS pings to the Tivo site, give or take
Fixed IP, DNS set by DHCP
No Netflix rebuffering EVER except for one event where Comcast was having issues
Samsung 47" LCD
HDMI direct to the TV, no intervening device
Fixed 1080i output from the Roamio
Nearly constant recordings on at least one tuner

Should we all compare notes????

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #217
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I have had zero crashes and we watch a couple Netflix programs each night. There HAS to be something I am or am not doing that doesn't stimulate crashes.

Roamio basic, 2TB
Hardwired (never set up WiFi)
28Mb/S internet, recenetly upgraded to 55Mb/S
~70mS pings to the Tivo site, give or take
Fixed IP, DNS set by DHCP
No Netflix rebuffering EVER except for one event where Comcast was having issues
Samsung 47" LCD
HDMI direct to the TV, no intervening device
Fixed 1080i output from the Roamio
Nearly constant recordings on at least one tuner

Should we all compare notes????

Paul
If your network drop out for a few milliseconds and you using Netflix that can cause a re-boot of the TiVo, depending what your doing.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #218
leiff

not related to your problem but shouldn't you be using 1080 P fixed not 1080 I? in my testing that makes 720 P material looks better .
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #219
pgoelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
not related to your problem but shouldn't you be using 1080 P fixed not 1080 I? in my testing that makes 720 P material looks better .
I'll try 1080p. I selected 1080i because that was what the Roamio claimed my TV preferred and because I figured it would give better fluidity to rapid motion. But I just noticed when I looked that 1080p is 60fps, not 30fps, so that might indeed be the preferred format except for older 480i programming that is broadcast as-is and not converted to progressive.

There was speculation a while back that it was resolution switching during Netflix playback that stimulated a reboot. Is that still on the table?

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #220
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Watching half-a-dozen Netflix shows a week, I haven't had a Netflix reboot for a couple of months (and then just one). I have a solid ethernet network; I agree that some folks problem may be their (or their ISP's) network since blips have caused reboots in the past.

A problem with the new app that I do see, is that I'm missing between 10 and 20% of all subtitles when I watch a subtitled show (anime mostly). If I rewind, I can see the subtitles that I missed, but that's a pain. This occurs on all the subtitled series I've watched, including ones that had no problems a month or so ago.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #221
JC Fedorczyk

I'm running wireless. If it is indeed a network blip that causes the reboot that's a pretty big bug. Kick me out of Netflix and tell me there was a network error. And I'm ok with that. Don't reboot the whole machine.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #222
bbrown9

I'm running with wired Ethernet so a network blip is less likely. But I agree, if a network blip can cause a reboot, that is a very serious bug and should never happen.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #223
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
I'm running with wired Ethernet so a network blip is less likely. But I agree, if a network blip can cause a reboot, that is a very serious bug and should never happen.
I am wired also and I was talking about a blip from outside your home (including the C133 error), something you may have never noticed using most internet apps.

Last edited by lessd : 12-17-2013 at 09:46 AM.
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #224
bbrown9

It still should not cause a system reboot.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #225
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
It still should not cause a system reboot.
Nobody would or should disagree with that statement

Old 12-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #226
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Nobody would or should disagree with that statement
Careful, someone might interpret that as a challenge.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #227
NYHeel

I had another Netflix reboot on my Roamio last night. It seems that every time I exit the Netflix app by pressing the live TV button (or maybe it's the Tivo button), I get a reboot.

Also, the sound was really terrible watching a show on Netflix. That same show on Netflix through my Apple TV sounded fine.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #228
DVRMike

Netflix rebooted my TiVo last night. I have not had the TiVo reboot due to Netflix before that. My internet connection was intermittent yesterday so that goes along with the theory that Netflix crashes when the internet connection has a problem.
DVRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #229
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Does anyone know if there is an alternate to the now removed "play from beginning" option? If you stop a movie, show, whatever before you get to the very end (i.e. during the credits) it doesn't reset to the start. So if you want to watch it again you now have to RW all the way back to the start, which is a huge PITA. I found that if I use my iPad to do it I can drag the bar to reset it back to the beginning, but that's not always convenient. Is there some other way, a secret key combo maybe, to jump back to the start of a program?
THIS! Thank you for posting this. I can't believe they removed such a basic piece of functionality.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #230
moyekj

Our family used Netflix so much this month since getting new Netflix that I actually got a warning email from Cox saying our data limit (250GB/month) has been greatly exceeded (275GB so far). 1st time we've been over that much. I'm hoping this is not a common concurrence requiring next Internet tier. 250 GB limit is pretty ridiculously low IMO, and next tier up which is $12/month more is still only a 300GB max limit.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #231
lessd

Just last night I had to re-sign into Netflix on my Roamio +, the first time sign is needed, and when TiVo/Netflix changes the interface maybe a new sign in is needed, but nothing happened Sunday that I would think needed another full sign in, nobody beside myself uses the Roamio I am referring to, do other have to re-sign in at random times also ?? (this has been the 3rd random sign in on this Roamio I have had in the last 3 months) OR does Netflix have a once a month sign-in policy per unit ??

Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #232
kbmb

Quote:
Just last night I had to re-sign into Netflix on my Roamio +, the first time sign is needed, and when TiVo/Netflix changes the interface maybe a new sign in is needed, but nothing happened Sunday that I would think needed another full sign in, nobody beside myself uses the Roamio I am referring to, do other have to re-sign in at random times also ?? (this has been the 3rd random sign in on this Roamio I have had in the last 3 months) OR does Netflix have a once a month sign-in policy per unit ??
I also had to sign in again yesterday on my Roamio.

Quite annoying is sit down all ready to watch a movie and have to go grab phone to lookup password and enter it.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #233
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
I also had to sign in again yesterday on my Roamio.

Quite annoying is sit down all ready to watch a movie and have to go grab phone to lookup password and enter it.

-Kevin
OK so TiVo/Netflix is not just picking on me, does anyone know why the repeating sign in, is it a Netflix requirement or a hardware/software bug ?? I have never had to repeat a Netflix sign in on my PC, and it has been years. (Same PC)

Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #234
kbmb

Quote:
OK so TiVo/Netflix is not just picking on me, does anyone know why the repeating sign in, is it a Netflix requirement or a hardware/software bug ??
I'd have to imagine it's a Tivo thing/bug. I never have to re-sign into Netflix on my ATV.

-Kevin
Old 12-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #235
CloudAtlas

Quote:
OK so TiVo/Netflix is not just picking on me, does anyone know why the repeating sign in, is it a Netflix requirement or a hardware/software bug ?? I have never had to repeat a Netflix sign in on my PC, and it has been years. (Same PC)
A hardware bug? TiVo uses off the shelf hardware (Pace makes the boxes for TiVo) so let's just rule this one out. If you google "netflix not retaining login information" you will see every platform mentioned so this is not a TiVo bug.

When a major update to the Netflix client is installed you sometimes have to re-enter login information again. I've had to do that on my PS3 and Roku many times over the years. I've had HBOGo do the same.
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #236
aaronwt
HD Addict

Thus is where the slide remote comes in handy. With it you can quickly enter login info.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #237
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Thus is where the slide remote comes in handy. With it you can quickly enter login info.
My problem is remembering the random password generated for my Netflix....so I always have to grab my iPhone/iPad to look that up first.

-Kevin
Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #238
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
A hardware bug? TiVo uses off the shelf hardware (Pace makes the boxes for TiVo) so let's just rule this one out. If you google "netflix not retaining login information" you will see every platform mentioned so this is not a TiVo bug.

When a major update to the Netflix client is installed you sometimes have to re-enter login information again. I've had to do that on my PS3 and Roku many times over the years. I've had HBOGo do the same.
Sign in over the years, that would no be any problem, I am talking about a sign in every month or two, last Sunday (for example) I don't think any Netflix/TiVo upgrade was installed, so why did I have to re-sign in ?

Old 12-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #239
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

I finally got the new Netflix player on Premiere today. It's interesting that profiles work for it but not on Roamio.

"
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #240
CloudAtlas

Quote:
Sign in over the years, that would no be any problem, I am talking about a sign in every month or two, last Sunday (for example) I don't think any Netflix/TiVo upgrade was installed, so why did I have to re-sign in ?
Your first update to Netflix a couple of months ago was to the HTML5 Netflix client and the recent update was to the all new native client Netflix. Previously Netflix hadn't been updated on TiVo in over a year.

Just today both Netflix & HBOGo on my Samsung TV prompted me for login info.

I've also noticed if I haven't logged in on a certain platform in awhile it will prompt you. I guess in case you were over someone's house and logged in with your credentials that they don't get a free ride forever.
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote