TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #6181
berkinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Perhaps leaving as "default" avoids issues and leaves default OS X look?
Sadly, no. Default shows Metal. Not really a big deal though. Mostly just wanted to let you know there was an issue.
berkinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #6182
wuzznuubi

Thumbs up THANKS for the awesome program!

I just realized I use this awesome program and don't even think about it since it works so well. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for developing this and keeping the support up. Happy Holidays.
wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #6183
berkinet

Suggestion

I have a Roamio+ and 2 Minis. I have entered the minis in kmttg so I can push a URL to them or use the remote. However, for most proposes, they seem to me to be no-ops as far as kmttg functionality is concerned. However, kmttg trays them like equals. This is especially annoying when I have to select the Roamio from a pulldown menu when it is really the only possible choice.

So, my request. Some means of either setting the TiVo device type, or setting a device's priority in kmttg. I suppose this would be managed on the Configuration->Tivos pane. Since the TiVos can be auto discovered, I guess there would have to be a means to mark a discovered device, or edit the device list.

Thanks for a great, fun, and endlessly cool tool.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #6184
moyekj

The Remote tabs "remember" the last TiVo selection when you close kmttg and start it at a later time. So if you leave selection on your Roamio+ it should come back to it next time. Other tip is if you edit config.ini file directly and put your Roamio+ 1st in the list then it will always be the 1st TiVo in NPL tab order as well as Remote cyclic order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #6185
mattack

kmttg thinks my Roamio is named "DVR-DD84" (I think that's part of the service #). My other Tivos see it as "Roamio" (clever, I know). I have quit & relaunched of course, and even deleted it from kmttg's prefs & relaunched, it came back with the same name.

I even tried renaming it on Tivo's servers to a longer name, and I do see that longer name ("Roamioupdate") after entering the Roamio on the Premiere 4.. that was a few days ago that I renamed it.

Is there any way to get kmttg to recognize the 'real' name of this Tivo? Otherwise, everthing else is fine, and the increased download speeds from this even from the Premiere 4 are awesome.. (Though tangentially, I have realized that some glitches in programs were not in the original cable signal, and my Tivos are right on top of each other! In other words, I'm recording a lot of the same shows on both, and a few times had a show fail to download from one tivo due to a glitch but download from the other.) Since I've made sure the Roamio is unlikely to die soon, I'll clean off & sell my P4 at some point.
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #6186
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
kmttg thinks my Roamio is named "DVR-DD84" (I think that's part of the service #). My other Tivos see it as "Roamio" (clever, I know). I have quit & relaunched of course, and even deleted it from kmttg's prefs & relaunched, it came back with the same name.

I even tried renaming it on Tivo's servers to a longer name, and I do see that longer name ("Roamioupdate") after entering the Roamio on the Premiere 4.. that was a few days ago that I renamed it.

Is there any way to get kmttg to recognize the 'real' name of this Tivo? Otherwise, everthing else is fine, and the increased download speeds from this even from the Premiere 4 are awesome.. (Though tangentially, I have realized that some glitches in programs were not in the original cable signal, and my Tivos are right on top of each other! In other words, I'm recording a lot of the same shows on both, and a few times had a show fail to download from one tivo due to a glitch but download from the other.) Since I've made sure the Roamio is unlikely to die soon, I'll clean off & sell my P4 at some point.
Reboot the Roamio.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #6187
berkinet

Quote:
...edit config.ini file directly and put your Roamio+ 1st in the list then it will always be the 1st TiVo in NPL tab order as well as Remote cyclic order.
That did it. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #6188
lpwcomp

"Deny thy father and refuse thy name.'

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #6189
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Reboot the Roamio.
I'll try that, but I'm curious why other tivos saw the name change & kmttg doesn't.
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #6190
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I'll try that, but I'm curious why other tivos saw the name change & kmttg doesn't.
Upon name change the old name is still advertised along with new name - a long standing TiVo bug I think. Rebooting should fix that.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #6191
jcthorne

I am getting an odd error message from kmttg. When it attempts to delete a recording after downloading it, it cannot delete and gives the message 'recordingid not available for this entry'

Only happens on the roamio, deleting from the Premiere works as normal. I tried manually deleting the recording as well, get the same message.

Suggestions?

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #6192
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I am getting an odd error message from kmttg. When it attempts to delete a recording after downloading it, it cannot delete and gives the message 'recordingid not available for this entry'

Only happens on the roamio, deleting from the Premiere works as normal. I tried manually deleting the recording as well, get the same message.

Suggestions?
You can't delete just 1 particular show on the Roamio or any/all shows? Make sure when after Refresh button that the 2nd "remote" job that runs after NPL retrieval is finished before attempting to delete.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #6193
jcthorne

Quote:
You can't delete just 1 particular show on the Roamio or any/all shows? Make sure when after Refresh button that the 2nd "remote" job that runs after NPL retrieval is finished before attempting to delete.
Tried several and none would delete. Both jobs are complete and have tried refreshing several times. There is a network problem going on too as the Roamio is displaying a C133 error now. Not sure what is up.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #6194
moyekj

Try some of the Remote functions to see if RPC functionality is working at all for your Roamio. If you are getting C133 then "Search" and "Guide" probably will fail as well, but most other tabs should work. I don't recall if C133 error affects deleting shows on TiVo, but it might.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #6195
roadhowl

Strange KMTTG problem

I've started having a strange problem with KMTTG. When I open the program, it opens minimized and will not open up or maximize. I've tried downloading and reinstalling the program as well as uninstalling java, rebooting and then reinstalling java, all with no change. The program seems to be running, because it popped up the box asking about the MAK and installing the tools when I re-setup KMTTG.
Any suggestions?
roadhowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #6196
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Just a thought: can you alt+tab to it?
Old 12-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #6197
roadhowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
Just a thought: can you alt+tab to it?
Nope! Also tried right-clicking on it, double-clicking, etc. I'm flummoxed.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #6198
spaldingclan

I've tried using this program but everything I send to my PC is out of synch
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #6199
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
I've tried using this program but everything I send to my PC is out of synch
You need to enable "QS Fix" task along with any other tasks you are using.

Last edited by moyekj : 12-28-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #6200
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhowl View Post
I've started having a strange problem with KMTTG. When I open the program, it opens minimized and will not open up or maximize. I've tried downloading and reinstalling the program as well as uninstalling java, rebooting and then reinstalling java, all with no change. The program seems to be running, because it popped up the box asking about the MAK and installing the tools when I re-setup KMTTG.
Any suggestions?
1st make sure java is not running in task manager. Kill it if necessary. Next click on "Documents" shortcut, then go to 1 level up from there and remove ".kmttg_settings" file. This is the file that remembers size & position info so maybe there's some odd settings there. Then start kmttg and see if problem is fixed.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #6201
jfrancini

Any way to turn back on 'special characters'?

As always, this is a wonderful program. Thank you for your efforts!

Even so, there's a nit I'd like to pick. I'd like to have a way to turn back on special characters in filenames. I record shows that always -- ALWAYS -- have any of apostrophes, semicolons, or question-marks in them (How It's Made - an apostrophe in the title, semicolons after each item that they discuss -- such as "Custom knee braces; Air Conditioners; Window Films; Motorcycle Exhaust Systems"), Through the Wormhole (every episode title is a question and therefore ends in a question mark, as in "Can we survive the death of the Sun?")

So I would vote for a way to re-enable allowing special characters and/or punctuation in file names again.
jfrancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #6202
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancini View Post
So I would vote for a way to re-enable allowing special characters and/or punctuation in file names again.
That is a can of worms I'm not touching and is done for good reason. If you really want it you can try making your own build of kmttg. The relevant code is in "removeSpecialChars" method in tivoFileName.java:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/code...oFileName.java

And instructions on how to build from source are here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/build_from_source/

Old 12-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #6203
roadhowl

Quote:
1st make sure java is not running in task manager. Kill it if necessary. Next click on "Documents" shortcut, then go to 1 level up from there and remove ".kmttg_settings" file. This is the file that remembers size & position info so maybe there's some odd settings there. Then start kmttg and see if problem is fixed.
The ".kmttg_settings" file did the job. Thanks very much!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #6204
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrancini View Post
As always, this is a wonderful program. Thank you for your efforts!

Even so, there's a nit I'd like to pick. I'd like to have a way to turn back on special characters in filenames. I record shows that always -- ALWAYS -- have any of apostrophes, semicolons, or question-marks in them (How It's Made - an apostrophe in the title, semicolons after each item that they discuss -- such as "Custom knee braces; Air Conditioners; Window Films; Motorcycle Exhaust Systems"), Through the Wormhole (every episode title is a question and therefore ends in a question mark, as in "Can we survive the death of the Sun?")

There are some characters that cannot be used in filenames, such as the Question Mark (?), Asterisk (*), Quotation Marks ("), but some may be used, period _(.), comma (,), Apostrophe (') on PCs. Not sure on the MACs.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #6205
lpwcomp

I am in the process of switching to VideoRedo for the decrypt and have encountered an issue. Since it uses VideoRedo Qsfix for this, it creates a .qsfix file that gets renamed to a .mpg file at the end. However, if the .mpg file already exists, the rename fails and the .qsfix file gets deleted. All of this w/o notice. Since I have "Overwrite existing files" enabled, this is not the expected behavior.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #6206
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Just out of curiosity, are there any benefits to using VideoRedo to decrypt?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #6207
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I am in the process of switching to VideoRedo for the decrypt and have encountered an issue. Since it uses VideoRedo Qsfix for this, it creates a .qsfix file that gets renamed to a .mpg file at the end. However, if the .mpg file already exists, the rename fails and the .qsfix file gets deleted. All of this w/o notice. Since I have "Overwrite existing files" enabled, this is not the expected behavior.
Doesn't sound right unless you have the .mpg file write protected or in use somehow such that it can't be deleted/replaced. As a test I did following experiment (on Windows Vista laptop):

Starting files:
file1.TiVo
file1.mpg

From FILES mode selected file1.TiVo and only enabled "decrypt" task (with VRD set to decrypt).
Clicked START and kmttg generated the file1.mpg.qsfix file and then renamed to file1.mpg without issue. I verified the date on file1.mpg was updated.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #6208
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
Just out of curiosity, are there any benefits to using VideoRedo to decrypt?
A couple of advantages I can think of:
1. VRD can handle decrypting TS .TiVo files properly
2. You can combine decrypt and QS Fix as 1 step

Old 12-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #6209
lpwcomp

Quote:
Doesn't sound right unless you have the .mpg file write protected or in use somehow such that it can't be deleted/replaced. As a test I did following experiment (on Windows Vista laptop):

Starting files:
file1.TiVo
file1.mpg

From FILES mode selected file1.TiVo and only enabled "decrypt" task (with VRD set to decrypt).
Clicked START and kmttg generated the file1.mpg.qsfix file and then renamed to file1.mpg without issue. I verified the date on file1.mpg was updated.
Possibly tied up by pyTiVo or Win 8 is doing something weird.

I just tried it again with both of my pyTiVos down.

This is the file I selected to decrypt:
Code:
Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.TiVo	4.53 GB 	D:\Video
This is the log:
Code:
container=mpeg, video=mpeg2video
>> Running qsfix on C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg ...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\kmttg\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg" "C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg.qsfix" /l:C:\Users\JL5282~1.SUT\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock8268540284528016202.tmp /c:mpeg /v:mpeg2video 
qsfix job completed: 0:00:10
---DONE--- job=qsfix output=C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg.qsfix
(Renamed C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg.qsfix to C:\kmttgmpegs\Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries.S01E01.Cocaine Blues.mpg)
There are some odd things going on but I am too tired to pursue it further right now. Will get back on it after sleep.

I lied, I tried a couple more things, but based on the log, it sure looks like to me that if the mpg file already exists in the output directory, it never actually decrypts the .tivo file but simply runs qsfix on the .mpg file.

Don't pursue it any further at this point, unless you want to. I need to try a stock version of kmttg, assuming I can get it to work, since I suppose it's possible that my local mods are screwing something up although none of my code is in areas that should cause this particular problem.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #6210
RBeatse

KMTTG new install and Java errors

I just upgraded a WIn7 PC to Win 8.1 and I'm trying to get KMTTG to work. I've installed Java and the application but when I click the jar file, I get a message that flashes on the screen that says (since it only flashes on the screen timing a screen shot is tough)

If you click the picture you can see the error message larger, sorry.

I have tried re-installing both Java and KMTTG and rebooting but I get the same message. Can anyone help?
RBeatse is offline   Reply With Quote