TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
nyjack

MLB.TV Not Supported on Roamio!

I recently decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from a practically new Premiere 4 to a Roamio Plus. Today I thought I'd watch an archived baseball game using the MLB.TV app. It didn't work. Well, after 2 calls to TiVo and one to MLB.TV I found out that MLB.TV is not supported on the Roamio (even though it is listed as a video provider in settings/channels). It is supported on the Premieres but not the Roamios! I just can't believe that I spent the money on the Roamio and lost some functionality. The second TiVo rep I spoke to told me she would submit a feature request to have this added but could give me no assurances that this would happen any time soon. If there are any other baseball fans out there, please call TiVo and request that they add MLB.TV functionality to the Roamio line.
nyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
spaldingclan

works fine on mine...not sure where you've gotten that info
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
nyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
works fine on mine...not sure where you've gotten that info
Got it from TiVo tech support and MLB.TV tech support today. You say it works fine on a Roamio? Did you try it today?
Old 12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
sangs

Somebody is giving you bad info. I've watched several archived games on my Roamio Plus. Did you go through the steps of linking your account?
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
nyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
Somebody is giving you bad info. I've watched several archived games on my Roamio Plus. Did you go through the steps of linking your account?
I never did anything. I had it on my Premiere. When I switched to the Roamio it was just there. Since the season was over I didn't try it until today. The MLB logo comes up, the blue dots under the logo start to fill in, then I get a box with an error: Can't Connect - The TiVo box is currently unable to connect to MLB.TV. Please try again. After a few of these I contacted both TiVo tech support and MLB.TV tech support. They both said that the Premiere works with MLB.TV but not the Roamio. If you have any suggestions for me, please let me know.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
sangs

Only suggestion I can give right now is to try it again tomorrow. That message (or a similar one) has popped up for me on occasion when using Netflix, Hulu and Amazon on my Roamio. I can difinitively tell you that it is supported.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
nyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
Only suggestion I can give right now is to try it again tomorrow. That message (or a similar one) has popped up for me on occasion when using Netflix, Hulu and Amazon on my Roamio. I can difinitively tell you that it is supported.
Thanks anyway. I can't even get an activation code to pop up on my Roamio.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
spaldingclan

I just tried it again...works for me.
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
rocket777

check your router

Just a wild guess here, but if others have no problems then you might make sure you don't have some ports blocked on a router. I couldn't get to hulu until I remembered I had blocked ports on my router a long time ago.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #10
sangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjack View Post
Thanks anyway. I can't even get an activation code to pop up on my Roamio.
Hmm, I wish I could remember the exact steps it took to link my account and get it working. I think I had to go the MLB.TV website as part of the process though, to link it to my Tivos. (It works on both my Roamios. Checked this morning to make sure I wasn't giving you bad information.) Wish I had more for you, but just know that it is supported, so that's NOT the reason it isn't working.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
mmihok

I had previously linked my MLB.TV account to my Roamio. I tried accessing MLB.TV last night/today and I am getting same error message as original poster. Do not think it is a port issue, I am able to access MLB.TV via my AppleTv and PS3.
mmihok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
rainwater

It most likely already works if you have linked it to your MLB.tv account. It is probably a MLB.tv issue as their apps tend to not work correctly in the off season.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote