TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Klankster

No 3NET?

Hmm. I have the Premiere package which supposedly includes 3Net -- the 3DTV channel, on channel 107 -- but the channel doesn't appear in my THR-22's channel guide -- what's up with that? I just asked a DirecTV rep on the phone and she said that the TiVo receiver is not 3D compatible. Well, I was under the impression that the signal for 3DTV (SBS or whatever) is just a normal HD signal and the TV does the switch internally to show it with the proper polarization to work with the 3D glasses.

Am I wrong about this? Is there a way to get TiVo to receive channel 107? Maybe repeat Guided Setup?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Klankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
The THR22 does not support 3D. The hardware is capable, the software is not. But you aren't really missing anything.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Klankster

Well, not missing anything except the show I worked on. I did the CGI for the last 7 minutes of it and was hoping to see it broadcast. Bummer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Which show?
Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Klankster

"Unraveling the Cosmos" episode 1, "Distance and Scale". A fun project, we did it in HD and 4K -- I believe it's the first all-CG show produced for 4K.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Old 12-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hmm - I just set it to record this morning and it showed as available on my THR22, though I know the THR22 can't do 3D. I also have an HR44 and will watch it on that. There's some additional signal encoded that triggers the 3D mode and the THR22 doesn't understand or pass it.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
Klankster

I hope you enjoy it! I guess I'll just have to wait for the production company to send me a blu-ray copy...

-Tom