TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
ShoutingMan

Download to iPad broken?

Did the download feature of the TiVo app get broken with the latest TiVo streaming update?

I was previously able to download hour-long, HD TV shows in near real-time without difficulty. Now, it's downloading very low quality, and times-out numerous times while struggling to download a show.

Is anyone else having this problem?
ShoutingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
macevedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoutingMan View Post
Did the download feature of the TiVo app get broken with the latest TiVo streaming update?

I was previously able to download hour-long, HD TV shows in near real-time without difficulty. Now, it's downloading very low quality, and times-out numerous times while struggling to download a show.

Is anyone else having this problem?
I am. Got worse after the last TIVO update.
macevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
Am_I_Evil

are you making sure to pick the highest quality?
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
ShoutingMan

Quality doesn't matter. High is especially bad, taking many tries and ultimately giving low quality, if it even works.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
ShoutingMan

Iit's been working like a champ recently.

Transferring shows to my iPad was really frustrating for a while. It took multiple tries, and several hours for a show. But this week, I transferred five high quality hour dramas, and five medium quality sitcoms, without any problem. Queued them up, and several hours later, they were done.

OOH, last I tried it, was functional but very low quality. I had to give it 30 min to buffer 15 min of show, in low quality, to get through a sitcom. But this week, on hotel wifi and on family's home wifi, it's been fine. It started right up, playing in med-low quality within seconds.

I really hope this is the new normal, because it's so much more consistent than a month ago.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #6
ShoutingMan

Thankfully, transfer to iPad has been working perfectly the past month. I can queue up five or ten shows and leave it running for a couple hours; everything's transferred fine. This is my favorite feature on the TiVo app. Fantastic for business trips!