TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
ababaie

Xfinity On Demand on Roamio and Mini at same time?

Hi everyone.

I've been using this forum for years but never posted. Thanks for all the great information.

We have a new roamio and mini and have comcast. After much work and consulting of this forum, i can get xfinity on demand to work. The final issue in my case was a loose cable!

This is my problem now - I can get xfinity on demand to work on the Roamio OR the mini but not both simultaneously. I get an SRM error.

Am I limited to one on demand show at a time?
ababaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
kbmb

Not sure how the Mini accesses OnDemand.....is it streaming it through the main Roamio? If so then I'd imagine only one can be used at once.

Just as an FYI....I have a Plus and a Basic and both CAN view Comcast VOD at the same time.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ababaie View Post
After much work and consulting of this forum, i can get xfinity on demand to work. The final issue in my case was a loose cable!
Can you be more specific about which cable was loose, and how it affected VOD?
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
ababaie

Yes. I am trying to stream from the roamio through the mini.

My loose cable was at the coaxial plug in for my power conditioner. Most of the channels were working except for on demand and channel 18. It was working when I originally set up the system but must have been loosened when I was working behind the tivo.

Lack of simultaneous On Demand seems like a significant issue. Debating on returning the whole system and going back to comcast's poor system. The whole system (Roamio and mini) feels much more "buggy" than my previous Tivos over the last 10 years. (DirectTivo x3, then HDTivo with comcast).
ababaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
kbmb

Quote:
Yes. I am trying to stream from the roamio through the mini.

My loose cable was at the coaxial plug in for my power conditioner. Most of the channels were working except for on demand and channel 18. It was working when I originally set up the system but must have been loosened when I was working behind the tivo.

Lack of simultaneous On Demand seems like a significant issue. Debating on returning the whole system and going back to comcast's poor system. The whole system (Roamio and mini) feels much more "buggy" than my previous Tivos over the last 10 years. (DirectTivo x3, then HDTivo with comcast).
So are you saying you were able to have simultaneous streams before you started working behind the Tivo?

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
KevinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
So are you saying you were able to have simultaneous streams before you started working behind the Tivo?

-Kevin
No, he was responding to my question about why VOD didn't work. Once he got VOD to work, he noticed that it didn't work on two devices at the same time.

If it is that important, I would suggest returning the MINI, and replacing it with a Roamio Basic.
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

xfinity works by allocating a QAM frequency to you and then telling your TiVo to tune to that frequency. In the case of a Mini that tuner is then streamed to the Mini box. Are you sure you had a free tuner? You have to treat Xfinity like watching live TV. If you can't allocate a tuner for live TV then you can't watch Xfinity either.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
lessd

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I've been using this forum for years but never posted. Thanks for all the great information.

We have a new roamio and mini and have comcast. After much work and consulting of this forum, i can get xfinity on demand to work. The final issue in my case was a loose cable!

This is my problem now - I can get xfinity on demand to work on the Roamio OR the mini but not both simultaneously. I get an SRM error.

Am I limited to one on demand show at a time?
The Mini when asked to watch OD tells the Roamio to tune to OD and stream that program to your Mini, you can't watch a 2nd OD program on the same Roamio, so you can only get one OD program per Roamio and watch that program on the Mini or the Roamio but not both at the same time. If all your Roamio tuners are being used recording programs you can't OD.