TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
musictoo

Adding Moca injector

Originally set up Roamio Pro with ethernet and told it to create a moca network. I now want to use a moca injector and move the pro to a location that's not wired for network. How do I do this?
musictoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Install the MoCa "injector" somewhere that has access to both Ethernet and coax. Then just set the TiVo to MoCa only mode.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
musictoo

Yea, did that and had no luck. Tried it before the splitter and after the splitter. I must be doing something wrong.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
bostlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by musictoo View Post
Yea, did that and had no luck. Tried it before the splitter and after the splitter. I must be doing something wrong.
Disconnect the cable from the back of the modem (the on attached to the "cable in" connector on the modem)....connect that cable to the "cable in" connector on the Moca adapter....connect a coax cable from the Moca "cable out" to the "cable in" on the modem...then connect ethernet cable from Moca adapter to an ethernet out port on the router....plug in the power, and you should be all set.
39" LG
32" Panasonic
Roamio Pro
Premiere w/1.5 tb drive
TiVo HD w/750 gb drive
3 Minis
2 Series 2...
bostlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
musictoo

I am just using an injector with a pro and 4 mini's. Getting c53 and other errors, says it can't find a dhcp server and other error messages. The pro was originally set up to create a moca network but was moved to an area without Cat5. Wanted to use a moca injector at the head end. I must be doing something wrong.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

Disconnect all the Minis and work on the Roamio first. Connect the MoCa bridge to your router and then setup the Roamio to use MoCa only mode. Make sure all the lights on yourMoCa bridge are lit solid. If they're not unplug both the bridge and the Roamio and then plug them back in. Once those lights are solid then you should have a good MoCa connection. Start adding the Minis back one by one.

Also you don't have FIOS do you? Because their routers already have MoCa built in, so that could be causing interference with what you're trying to do. If you do have FIOS then you shouldn't need the MoCa bridge.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote