TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
carterblumeyer

Web Videos and RSS feeds

Since the fall 2013 update(not 20.38) I am missing the ability to browse web videos or enter in a RSS feed to view them and set up a download subscription. Am I missing something?
carterblumeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Check the two checkbox settings for your Tivo in your Tivo.com account. Don't remember the exact names but at least one of them obviously controls such items. If they are already checked, try unchecking them, close the account page, wait a while, go back in and check them. Then wait another while and force your Tivo to connect to the mother ship. This has been necessary at some times in the past. If it happens more than once every several months, complain to Tivo support.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

You don't say what type of TiVo you have. This feature has apparently been intentionally dropped from the Roamio, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premiere follow. You're supposed to be able to find webcasts via the Search function now, although it's not a complete substitute for the Web Videos app, and clearly doesn't help with RSS feeds.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
carterblumeyer

I have 2 premier.. And it looks like you can find the web videos via the search but I am guessing that if the search feature is not that full I am going to need to enter the RSS. Hmmm hope they bring it back...
carterblumeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #5
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
You don't say what type of TiVo you have. This feature has apparently been intentionally dropped from the Roamio, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Premiere follow. You're supposed to be able to find webcasts via the Search function now, although it's not a complete substitute for the Web Videos app, and clearly doesn't help with RSS feeds.
Wait, do you mean like CNET videos? You can't download them on a Roamio anymore?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Wait, do you mean like CNET videos? You can't download them on a Roamio anymore?
No, TiVo just took the Browse Web Videos out of the menu, or something like that.
You can still find and download the web videos through the search function or using the tivo.com website.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
atmuscarella

Just for everyone's general info, if you have a Premiere and switch back to the SDUI you can still browse web videos, like we were used to inside the UI. Other than that you can also browse them on TiVo.com - but the web site is normally painfully slow:
https://www.tivo.com/tivo-tco/go.do?...webvideos.page

R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
No, TiVo just took the Browse Web Videos out of the menu, or something like that.
You can still find and download the web videos through the search function or using the tivo.com website.
Yeah, I finally found that.. bummer.. I wonder if the SP copies via kmttg didn't work for web videos.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
carterblumeyer

Tivo's Response

Hello Carter,

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support. I would be glad to help you with your concerns.

We have begun to remove some features, such as RSS feeds via the HDUI. If you would like to see features like this added again, I would recommend submitting your feedback to the following location: http://advisors.tivo.com/wix5/p2272893819.aspx

Please continue to use reference number 131218-006511 for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
James

TiVo Customer Support Representative
www.tivo.com/support
http://forums.tivo.com
Customer (Carter Blumeyer) 12/18/2013 06:17 AM
Since my last update I can't seem to find in the HD UI the ability to browse webvideos and set up a season pass? Also the ability to enter a RSS Feed. If I switch to the SD Ui the option is there. Am I missing something and it moved? I used to be able to go to find TV,movies, &videos and under there was Browse Webvideos... I can go to the new web video hotlist and view some of the shows but can't set up a season pass. Many thanks

Your incident number is 131218-006511
Product Level 1: Devices
Product Level 2: TiVo Premiere
Date created: 12/18/2013 06:17 AM
Updated: 12/18/2013 01:21 PM
Proper Escalation2:
Social Channel:
Watch Movies:
Type Movie:
Favorite Actor:
ERT Incident Date:
ERT_creation_time: