TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
rocket777

Thumbs down failed to record due to large overlap

Today my roamio didn't record the second game on cbs because of a large overlap. I wanted to set up my football records to add lots of time, just in case of a long overtime. Since the choices are 1, 1 1/2, and 3 hours, and I really wanted about 2 hours extra, I chose 3 hours instead. So I got the first game plus 3 hours of the second game which wasn't quite enough. These are season passes for all the football games so the 3 hour pad is automatic.

Others here mentioned that they found that with an overlap it would record both (fully) but just didn't show the recording in myshows or as recording in the todo list.

I found it in the todo list, but not shown as recording, and as mentioned, it never recorded it at all.

Ok, so maybe 3 hours extra is overkill, but still this seems to be a bug. Now I don't know if setting this back to 1 1/2 hours will work, or if I have to go back to setting 8 hour manual records on the two football networks.

The history stated that it didn't record the second game because it was no longer in the guide. Actually, that is not true as the guide showed the second game ending after the total of the first game plus the 3 hours. But it was close, there was 5 minutes extra. The show should have started at 1:25, and ended at 4:30. The early game was 10:00 to 1:25, with 3 hours takes that to 4:25. So, while close, it shows the algorithm is off. Had it done as requested, it should have recorded the second show from 1:25 to 7:30 or there abouts.

Beside for fixing this problem, I'd like to see the add extra time allow for 2 and 2 1/2 hours extra. With all the choices at the low end, who cares if there's a few extra button pushes to get to the 3 hour range. Then I could have chosen say, 2 hours and it might have worked. I have run out on occasion recording a long extra innings baseball game and so I generally add the maximum time and don't worry about it - got plenty of disc space.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
rocket777

Thumbs down bit again, didn't record lakers game today

G. D. it this is getting to be quite a pain.

Todo list had both basketball games set to record today, second one didn't record with a no longer in guide again.

This time I only had a 1 hour extra for the first one.

I have no choice but to change all these to manual records!!!!!
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote