TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #361
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
My Slide Pro arrived, but I was disappointed to find that, not only did it not fix the issue I've been having where the remote reverts to IR mode for several remote presses periodically, but now it happens more often.

Does anyone know where in the Roamio Pro the RF receiver is? Maybe there's something too close to it.
Slightly to left under the TiVo logo, though I've not opened the unit to check, but others have. I needed to move my Sling IR transmitter there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #362
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
Slightly to left under the TiVo logo, though I've not opened the unit to check, but others have. I needed to move my Sling IR transmitter there.
That's the IR receiver. I was talking about the RF receiver. Unless they are in the same spot.

All I know is that from 8 feet away, the remote frequently reverts to IR mode temporarily. The original remote did so for a button press or two. The Slide Pro takes 3 or 4 presses to switch back to RF.

I do have something on top of my Roamio and two things next to if, which could possibly BR interfering with the RF.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #363
Dan203
Super Moderator

If I were you I would temporarily move the Roamio to a different room and try the remote in there. If it works then you know it's interference from something in your living room. If not then you know it's the TiVo itself. If it's the TiVo maybe you should see about getting one of those dongles and see if it works better.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #364
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
If I were you I would temporarily move the Roamio to a different room and try the remote in there. If it works then you know it's interference from something in your living room. If not then you know it's the TiVo itself. If it's the TiVo maybe you should see about getting one of those dongles and see if it works better.
I know it's not the TiVo because it used to work fine with the remote before I made room to move it into my entertainment center. The problem is Roamio's can't use an extender as the RF receiver is built in.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #365
Dan203
Super Moderator

Have you tried the dongle on a Roamio? Or has someone? Or are you just assuming it wont work? Just curious

I wonder if there is some backdoor code to turn the internal RF antenna off and use the dongle instead?
Old 12-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #366
skid71

I got the Slide Pro this morning.
I've paired the remote with the Roamio Pro.
Successfully programmed the TV Power button.
Successfully programmed the A/V vol up/down/mute.

What I would like to do is to assign the Input button on the Slide Pro to control our A/V receiver's power.

The problem is that the remote for our Onkyo TX-SR705 doesn't have a power button. It has "On" & "Standby". I would like it to toggle.

The end result I'm trying to gain here is to use the Slide Pro to power on the TV & receiver so we can dismiss the Harmony. We both love the feel and use of the Roamio remote.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and Merry Christmas.

Are the four colored buttons able to be programmed via learning commands?

Skid

Edit: Went back into TV Power and added code 1177. Pressed TV Power and both Pioneer plasma and Onkyo TX-SR705 powered off. All is well.

Last edited by skid71 : 12-25-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Resolved
skid71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #367
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
Edit: Went back into TV Power and added code 1177. Pressed TV Power and both Pioneer plasma and Onkyo TX-SR705 powered off. All is well.
You can actually add the Onkyo power on and standby commands to the power button on the remote so the TV and receiver will turn on and off together. Then you won't have to use the input button to turn the receiver on.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #368
Dan203
Super Moderator

I have an older Onkyo that had separate power on/off commands. What I did was teach the power button both commands. With this it will turn on when it's off and off when it's on. I learned that trick from someone else here on the forum a long time ago.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #369
TripFoeYa

I am still interested in anyone that has a dongle that they do not need. (I need two) If so please DM and I will gladly pay for them. I am using two Mini's with the Pro remote and would like to have them use RF. Thanks.
TripFoeYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #370
djk1940

Does any know if you can pair more than one Slide Pro remote to the same Tivo?

I've determined that my Slide Pro can transmit an RF signal across the house and downstairs to the Tivo Mini...a distance of 50 ft horizontal and 10 ft vertically, through 4 walls and the floor! I've run 2 sets of cat 5 cable to most of the rooms in our house so that I can not only have wired internet in those rooms, but a video signals from my 2 Tivos using video baluns. It has worked perfectly, except for the problems associated with remote extenders. Having 3 Slide Pros paired to one Tivo could solve most of those problems.
djk1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #371
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by djk1940 View Post
Does any know if you can pair more than one Slide Pro remote to the same Tivo?

I've determined that my Slide Pro can transmit an RF signal across the house and downstairs to the Tivo Mini...a distance of 50 ft horizontal and 10 ft vertically, through 4 walls and the floor! I've run 2 sets of cat 5 cable to most of the rooms in our house so that I can not only have wired internet in those rooms, but a video signals from my 2 Tivos using video baluns. It has worked perfectly, except for the problems associated with remote extenders. Having 3 Slide Pros paired to one Tivo could solve most of those problems.
Yep, I have two RF to my Roamio Pro. His/Hers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #372
djk1940

Thank you Sixto! As always, these forums give more accurate information than Tivo Support; Tivo Support said as of now a Tivo could only be paired with one Slide Pro, but perhaps later with an update it would pair with more. I'm pretty sure that update didn't occur within the last day.

Last edited by djk1940 : 12-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.
djk1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #373
jwbelcher

Interesting - tonight I discovered the d-pad on the top changes orientation when the slider is open. I wasn't too crazy about the reach on the d-pad in the middle of the keyboard, so I tried the remote d-pad and I was amazed, it compensates for the horizontal orientation when using it with the qwerty open.
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:49 AM   #374
Dan203
Super Moderator

Interesting.

Does anyone else have trouble with it double typing a letter when searching. Seems like every time I search using the keyboard one of the letters will double type. (i.e. i push the button once and it enters the letter twice)
Old 01-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #375
Woodburner

Can the Premier and Mini slide remote be used with the Roamio - I think the the Premiere?Mini is shipped with a dongle. If that's the case wouldn't it make more sense to purchase that remote so you can use it on any player?
Woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #376
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodburner View Post
Can the Premier and Mini slide remote be used with the Roamio - I think the the Premiere?Mini is shipped with a dongle. If that's the case wouldn't it make more sense to purchase that remote so you can use it on any player?
Yes, they're fully interoperable. I bought two with the dongle; one for a Roamio and one for a mini. Right now I even have the original Roamio remote paired with the mini + dongle. Since the Slider "could" be put on a mini down the road, I figured its better to have the dongle than not.
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #377
mjcxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid71 View Post
I got the Slide Pro this morning.
I've paired the remote with the Roamio Pro.
Successfully programmed the TV Power button.
Successfully programmed the A/V vol up/down/mute.

What I would like to do is to assign the Input button on the Slide Pro to control our A/V receiver's power.

The problem is that the remote for our Onkyo TX-SR705 doesn't have a power button. It has "On" & "Standby". I would like it to toggle.

The end result I'm trying to gain here is to use the Slide Pro to power on the TV & receiver so we can dismiss the Harmony. We both love the feel and use of the Roamio remote.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and Merry Christmas.

Are the four colored buttons able to be programmed via learning commands?

Skid

I have a Onkyo receiver too and was wondering if the regular Roamio remote can handle both commands too, or if this is only a feature of the Slide Pro? Currently I can turn the receiver on but I am unable to turn it off without using the Onkyo remote.
mjcxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #378
leiff

free shipping trick working

put it in your cart. when you try to check out if shipping still shows $9 on final checkout screen remove from cart then sign out. Be sure to remove from cart before signing out. Then browse for accessories, re put it in your cart. NOw when you checkout free Standard Shipping option will be available.

I just ordered for $55 after ca tax

Last edited by leiff : 01-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #379
mjcxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
put it in your cart. when you try to check out if shipping still shows $9 on final checkout screen remove from cart then sign out. Be sure to remove from cart before signing out. Then browse for accessories, re put it in your cart. NOw when you checkout free Standard Shipping option will be available.

I just ordered for $55 after ca tax
I can't get this to work. Did Tivo already fix this backdoor trick? Thanks.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #380
dbattaglia001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcxp View Post
I can't get this to work. Did Tivo already fix this backdoor trick? Thanks.
Yes. I thought I had it and submitted an order to tivo.com with free shipping...but when i got my email confirmation, they were shady and charged me 8.99 for shipping. They wouldn't honor the price displayed when I made my purchase. So I canceled the order.

I guess I'm stubborn about the principle...8.99 for shipping is a complete gouge.
dbattaglia001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #381
mjcxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbattaglia001 View Post
Yes. I thought I had it and submitted an order to tivo.com with free shipping...but when i got my email confirmation, they were shady and charged me 8.99 for shipping. They wouldn't honor the price displayed when I made my purchase. So I canceled the order.

I guess I'm stubborn about the principle...8.99 for shipping is a complete gouge.
Yep $64 for a remote is a bit extreme. The quality of both of my Tivo Remotes leave a lot to be desired. They have a nice layout but feel a bit cheap in the hand.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #382
leiff

I'll post my results when my slide gets here. I'm hoping for improved range. I currently use my Romeo basic remote in two different rooms and in my far room button presses often do nothing
Old 01-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #383
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
I'll post my results when my slide gets here. I'm hoping for improved range. I currently use my Romeo basic remote in two different rooms and in my far room button presses often do nothing
The Slide Pro uses the same communication protocol as the included remote.

IN my use though I get more range from the SLide Pro and the included remotes than I did with the original slide. I can go to the other end of my condo and it will still communicate through a brick firewall and several layers of drywall. I could not do that with the original Slide.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #384
thewebgal

Got the Slider Remote to use with my Roamio (base) Monday. Its slightly smaller (but thicker) than the original Roamio remote. Its a bit heavier - and seems to have a better "heft" than the original remote.

Configured easily to set Mute/volume and power up and down our AVR and TV.
Works nice filling out searches and youtube ...

Now, how do I get a browser onscreen?

Last edited by thewebgal : 02-02-2014 at 09:45 AM.
thewebgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #385
Bigg

Why are they all out of stock? I'm hoping they get more in. My finished basement doesn't have any heat, because it was added after the house was built, so no oil baseboard, and we only have 100 amps, so not enough for electric baseboard. It would be great to be able to keep my arms under the quilts to stay warm and mash my way through the commercials with the Slide Pro, as opposed to having to take them out from under the quilts to use the IR remote...
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:06 PM   #386
Dan203
Super Moderator

You realize the default Roamio remote is RF too right? Or is this a Mini?

Dan
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #387
leiff

I was hoping to map my slide Pro input button to perform a dynamic volume function by teaching it from my Denon AVR remote. I followed the directions for teach/ learning, and even though I got the 4 blanks showing success it does not work. It seems the input button can only be re-mapped to perform certain functions?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #388
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
You realize the default Roamio remote is RF too right? Or is this a Mini?

Dan
Per my sig, Premiere XL4, so I don't have the fancy new RF remotes...
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #389
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was hoping to map my slide Pro input button to perform a dynamic volume function by teaching it from my Denon AVR remote. I followed the directions for teach/ learning, and even though I got the 4 blanks showing success it does not work. It seems the input button can only be re-mapped to perform certain functions?
It should be able to learn anything. Try a short press of the button rather then holding it down like the instructions say.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #390
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
Per my sig, Premiere XL4, so I don't have the fancy new RF remotes...
Missed that. I assumed you had a Roamio because of the forum.