TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
ADG
Allan

Roamio doesn't see my PC

Installed a Roamio Plus yesterday. I also have a Premier and two S3's. Everything is connected via Ethernet cable. I've always been able to download shows to my PC (from wherever) and then transfer them to Tivo (using "My Shows", which listed my PC). The Roamio doesn't seem to see my PC (it doesn't appear in "My Shows").

If I open Tivo Desktop on my PC, the Roamio is listed. The Premier still sees the PC --- but the Roamio doesn't. I've tried with both default network settings and a static IP address (everything else has a static address). I've "reset" the router, rebooted the Roamiio (hard & soft) -- no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Make sure all your Tivos have been subscribed to Tivo service, and under Device preferences of your account on tivo.com, the checkboxes are checked. Finally, make all your Tivos make a Tivo connection.

Adding a Tivo, you must make the other Tivos connect to service to log in the new addition, for transfers to work between them.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
ADG
Allan

Thanks. Turns out I had to check a "sharing" box in Tivo Desktop to add the Roamio. Sorry for the bother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote