TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
MrMaico

How about a way to shut off Auto Tune?

I wish there was an option to make it so you have to hit "enter" to change the channel. I don't know how many times I've accidentally bumped a single number on the remote and the Tivo changes to a channel that doesn't even exist. Of course then you lose any buffer on the channel you were watching.

Or is there a workaround I'm not aware of? I've only had Tivo for a couple of months. It's a Series 4 cable Tivo box.

I also sure miss the Reminder function to remind you of an upcoming show you wanted to check out but didn't necessarily want to record it. Every other DVR I've had included this option.

And maybe a clock on the face of the unit?
MrMaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
jrtroo
User

I suggest, as others will as well, if you are at all concerned about the buffer, hit record.

Suggestions- check them out. why would you not want to record something? Just delete it if you don't want it. Your note makes you sound like the perfect suggestion user.

Clock is dead. Many times over. Many conversations about clocks here.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

If you see it you can press Clear it wont change.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
MrMaico

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
I suggest, as others will as well, if you are at all concerned about the buffer, hit record.

Suggestions- check them out. why would you not want to record something? Just delete it if you don't want it. Your note makes you sound like the perfect suggestion user.

Clock is dead. Many times over. Many conversations about clocks here.
I think some of my problem is just being hesitant to hit record because on my old Motorola I was always running out of HD space and having to delete shows but I'd also end up keeping shows that I was sure I'd watch eventually and would never get around to watching them.

I did buy the external 1gb HD for my Tivo......before I even needed it, so I should be able to break that habit. :-)

As for Suggestions, I turned that off right away. I knew that would be something I'd have no interest in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
If you see it you can press Clear it wont change.
I ordered a Glow remote from Tivo and got it today and it feels like it will be harder to accidentally press the buttons. They have a much shorter throw to the buttons and more of a click when pressed. We'll see........

Thanks guys......Barry
MrMaico is offline   Reply With Quote