TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
jgboev25

Tivo can't find published music

I have 3 computers running Tivo Desktop (one with Plus) and 2 Tivo Premieres and a Mini. I have a lot of music on two of the PCs published. Sometimes the Tivos see the published music and photos on all 3 computers, sometimes only photos, sometimes it sees one or two computers but not all three.

The most frequent issue is that the photos show up (even though there aren't any photos published) music doesn't, and that's what a really want to access.

Are there any magic methods to getting Tivo to re-establish connection to the published music short of rebooting every box one-at-a-time until the music shows up?

P.S. - Tivo Desktop has no problems seeing the Tivo boxes and transferring programs back and forth.
jgboev25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

What discovery method are you using (Tivo Server Properties -> Network tab)?

Which ever one you're using, try switching to the other (if you haven't already tried that).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
jgboev25

Published music

I am currently using Bonjour on all PCs (one XP up 24/7 and two Windows 7 laptops that go into Sleep mode frequently).

At the moment all three PCs show up for both Photos and Music, but usually after one of the laptops goes to sleep and comes back out the Music stuff doesn't show up.

I have over 200 folders on the PCs with multiple levels and 2600+ MP3 files - around 13GB. When I finish ripping my old albums to MP3 I'll have a lot more. Does creaky old Tivo Desktop 2.8 deal well with that much data?

I'll try switching from Bonjour to Tivo Beacon for a while to see what happens.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
ggieseke

I'm not sure about Bonjour, but when TiVo Beacon starts it sends out a flurry of discovery packets before settling down to one every minute or so.

On the Windows 7 laptops that go to sleep, create two batch files. I call mine OnSleep.cmd and OnWake.cmd. Add the line "net stop TivoBeacon2" (without the quotes) to OnSleep and "net start TivoBeacon2" to OnWake.

Then go to the Event Viewer and look through the System log for event 42 by Kernel-Power. Click it and then click "Attach a task...". Click though the wizard and browse to OnSleep. Do the same thing with event 1 by Power-Troubleshooter to trigger OnWake.

That should force a refresh of the discovery process on all your TiVos and computers running TiVo Desktop every time one of the laptops wakes up.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
jgboev25

Switched to Tivo Beacon

I switched my PCs to use Tivo Beacon instead of Bonjour. Several things changed immediately.

My published music and photos showed up almost instantly on both of my Tivo Premieres and on the Mini.

Only the stuff being published showed up. With Bonjour I would see photos and music for all three PCs even when there was nothing published on some of them (that's when the music showed up at all).

The published stuff showed up as "Music on computer". Under Bonjour it would have a lot of /032/username/032/on/032/... so that I couldn't tell which published item was from which computer.

If I run into any problems finding my music after a computer comes out of sleep mode I'll try the previous suggestion.

Thanks.