TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #151
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
Todd Did.... Originally Posted by ToddD I'm not the buddy in question, but I do live in Melbourne and run WMC w/ Ceton! My TA locked up Sunday night and killed all of my recordings for Monday daytime and I was forced to reboot everything, so as to not miss Monday nights recordings. Today, I saw a post over on AVS that linked here about BH pushing a new FW to the TA. So I went to my TA screen in the Ceton Manager and found that my TA was locked up again. Another full Reboot.Good News- I have the new FW. Bad news- the TA is the source of trouble just as always. Unlike TiVo users we (MCE) have 3 things to reboot....I have to agree with HarperVision, I NEVER had any problems with my DirecTV. They are offering major discounts to come back. I'm thinking very hard on it. So that's how we are doing over in Melbourne.... -------------
Yeah, but you quoted and replied to me.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #152
HarperVision

Quote:
Okay so you are TWC's customer...we are not TWC and I promise you I know more about this equipment than you do. You sit there and say they treat you like you're an idiot....my hunch is just in two encounters with you that you treated them the same way...you made assumptions that every rep is an idiot and has no clue and you didn't let them do their job opting instead to argue with them and give them a hard time. Humans tend to react negatively to that kind of treatment even those tasked with tolerating it and acting above it the best they can which is what a rep does. Next time you work with them give them a break and let them do their job. You might be surprised at the extent they will go to help you....verses the other approach which is just to get you off the phone as quickly as they can. They are after all humans and have already dealt with 80 others just like you. My best advice.
I know you're not TWC and I never said I knew more than you, I said I knew more than the people that I talked to at my local oceanic system and even said "that's not saying much". Your "hunch" is completely wrong btw. I treat them and everyone with the utmost of respect initially and talk very humbly and nicely until it's not returned. I am VERY well liked there and compliment them a lot on their patience and understanding with clients. They help me A LOT as a matter of fact. It is some of THEM, as I said in my post, that treat US like we are idiots and like no one else knows anything about their technology. You need to start reading and comprehending what I "am" writing and not what you "perceive" I write or who I am.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #153
ToddD

Quote:
Your TA locking up has nothing to do with this issue. If it is truly locking up as you state this is either a defective TA or a signal issue where we have lost two both fixable. As for your DirecTV statement you are comparing Apples to Artichokes...with DirecTV you have one tuner and that is it. With cable and cable card you have many tuners up to the limit of your specific Tivo or Ceton device. I get it you don't like tuning adapters...nearly as much as I don't like misinformation
I'm confused. Is it your job to help Brighthouse customers on internet forums or is it to show up and bash them? Are you to provide a positive image of Brighthouse on the net or a condescending smart ass one?

Why do you always feel the need to bash all of your competitors? And now your customers. I really do not get what your intentions are.

As has already been pointed out, It is you that are misinforming. I'm not going to waste any of my time by trying to educate you, but all you posted above is crap and wrong. For the record I was not saying that the FW caused my TA lockups...In fact the opposite, Problems before upgrade -Problems after.

All of this is off topic and not on your forum. So please let it end here.

Last edited by ToddD : 12-15-2013 at 09:35 AM.
ToddD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #154
sbiller

On a more positive note, the new Cisco TA firmware BHN pushed appears to be working flawlessly in conjunction with the latest Roamio SW build.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #155
mrizzo80

I have the latest Roamio software but not the Cisco T/A firmware (I'm on TWC). It's definitely too early to say for sure, but it looks like a major improvement on the black screen issues I've been experiencing since January 2013.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #156
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I was told by Margret to have patience and that this update contains fixes for the tuning issues similar to how Ceton does it with their six tuner devices (by sending multiple tune requests).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
On a more positive note, the new Cisco TA firmware BHN pushed appears to be working flawlessly in conjunction with the latest Roamio SW build.
I have a bit of positive news too, with Margret's help in the 11th hour, I stayed on 20.3.7 to test TA firmware update alone. I've tested having 5 tuners on SDV premiums and going through the full channel line up a few times on the 6th tuner. So far so good. Plan to do a bit more tomorrow once the kids are out of the house.

I did check with my buddy in Melbourne and his WMC w/ Ceton froze up after the FW upgrade Thursday night too. I've never had the that with either of my Tivo boxes. He also mentioned its something he experiences periodically. Maybe its something specific to WMC or Ceton implementations.

Anyway, plan to report back next week. All the bashing aside, thanks to TivoMargret, BHNtechXpert, and the folks at Cisco for their quick responses.

James
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #157
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
I have a bit of positive news too, with Margret's help in the 11th hour, I stayed on 20.3.7 to test TA firmware update alone. I've tested having 5 tuners on SDV premiums and going through the full channel line up a few times on the 6th tuner. So far so good. Plan to do a bit more tomorrow once the kids are out of the house. I did check with my buddy in Melbourne and his WMC w/ Ceton froze up after the FW upgrade Thursday night too. I've never had the that with either of my Tivo boxes. He also mentioned its something he experiences periodically. Maybe its something specific to WMC or Ceton implementations. Anyway, plan to report back next week. All the bashing aside, thanks to TivoMargret, BHNtechXpert, and the folks at Cisco for their quick responses. James
That's great to hear! I agree Margret has been awesome and regardless of the conflict BHNtechXpert created with me for some unknown reason, he has been a Godsend for Brighthouse customers with his knowledge and assistance! I hope they don't let anything (including me) keep them from coming here and assisting with issues we may have. Their assistance is invaluable!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #158
lew-wolfgang

Update 20.3.8 seems to fix my problem

Well, the recently deployed 20.3.8 release seems to have fixed my original black-screen problem. I've tried to replicate the issue since the update, but every tune has worked flawlessly. Case closed, at least for me.
lew-wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #159
jwbelcher

Tuning has been very consistent with 20.3.7 + STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1901. However, last night after having a channel tuned for most of the day, I got a v58 unauthorized. Its been very rare to get the v58 error, maybe the second time since I hooked up the Roamio. Overall, doesn't seem related to the TA since tuning was fine during the issue. My Cablecard is Cisco w/ 1.5.3.0601 running on it.
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote