TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
kirk1701

Transfering recordings to roamio

Hey guys, been a while but just got a new roamio pro and having some issues.

I actually have two issues but the wireless can be dealt with later, first I need to transfer the recordings.

I transferred the service from my Premiere XL to the roamio then had the Premiere set up with new service just to do the transfer after that I was told to call back and cancel that within 30 days.

For now I have both connected via Ethernet however it won't let me queue up the shows to transfer? It gets weirder, I select one show in the group say episode 1 and it transferred another episode, not episode 1?

From there, try to queue up more and just won't do it.
This looks like what's happening to me only I can't queue up:
Code:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=510888&highlight=Transfering+shows
Since I did just get the service and hooked up yesterday Tech Support said give it some time since I did just download the service update also yesterday?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by kirk1701 : 12-15-2013 at 07:35 AM.
kirk1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yes, it is suggested that you wait a couple of days after a brand new activation. It can take up to 72 hours for everything to get sorted out on your account.

After a day or so, make sure the new TiVo is fully updated to the current software, and then force a connection to the TiVo service on BOTH boxes.
After that, make sure in the System Information Screen, that the TiVoToGo line reads "a,a,a" on each box.
If after doing the above and things still don't work, try rebooting both boxes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Yes, it is suggested that you wait a couple of days after a brand new activation. It can take up to 72 hours for everything to get sorted out on your account.

After a day or so, make sure the new TiVo is fully updated to the current software, and then force a connection to the TiVo service on BOTH boxes.
After that, make sure in the System Information Screen, that the TiVoToGo line reads "a,a,a" on each box.
If after doing the above and things still don't work, try rebooting both boxes.
Thanks Steve
Working this morning and I'm all queued up

Let me get the shows transferred and then get hooked back up wirelessly through my home network.
I'm using a spare router right now for the transfer and all hooked up via Ethernet.
I'll get the info on the wireless problem but it may have been this C133 error I've been reading about so that might also be took care of.

Tomorrow, more fun. Cable card
Old 12-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
kirk1701

Guys looks like I'm all fixed up; cable card installed and all 6 tuners working so I'm good to go for the most part.

Do have a quick question
My router is 20 feet away from the TiVo and I'm getting a 20% signal?? I should be getting a better signal then that right?

My laptop gets a signal clear out on the back porch 50 feet away.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
mattack

You can't connect them directly together, there NEEDS to be a router (because of DHCP maybe?)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
kirk1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
You can't connect them directly together, there NEEDS to be a router (because of DHCP maybe?)
I'm past the transfer mattack, but yes a router was involved for DHCP.

Just see my last post on wireless