TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #6151
Soapm

I had to reload xp64 and now I can't get kmttg to save my settings. The folder is in the root drive (C:\kmttg) so I bunped my profile up to administrator but no matter what I try it says it can't save changes to the config file. Any suggestions? It won't take my MAK so I can't access my Tivo's and none of my settings like use VideoRedo save after hitting ok...
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #6152
moyekj

Right click on folder and go to Properties-Security and unset any read-only properties that may be in effect. (Apply any changes recursively to all files if needed). Then test that you can create and/or modify files under that folder before starting kmttg.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #6153
Soapm

Thanks, making progress....

Now it says my videoredo path isn't valid. This is where it is, is there a better place to load it or is there something in this patch kmttg doesn't like?

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoPlus\VRDPlus3.exe
i figured it out, it just wants the directory and not the .exe file...
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #6154
Soapm

Wow, I'm not having a good night. It connects fine to one Tivo but not the other.

Code:
>> Getting Now Playing List from Other ...
C:\kmttg\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar D:\Chuck\LOCALS~1\Temp\cookie5683873835506203735.tmp --url https://192.168.0.191/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=0 --output D:\Chuck\LOCALS~1\Temp\NPL2178436811548736148.tmp 
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from Other
Exit code: 7
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to 192.168.0.191:443
Any idea what can be causing this? It found the Tivo automatically and the IP looks right. The MAK worked on my other tivo and I pasted it directly from the tivo website...

Figured out the problem here, it's the Tivo. It received an update recently and now no sharing is working. Can't get it to see my pytivo shares or anything. Sorry...

Last edited by Soapm : 12-12-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Leter is spit this out...
Old 12-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6155
d9357

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
You were right, there were four repeat manual recordings that were not copied. I was able to copy the rest of the SPs. The order of the SPs was different than what was on the S3 but that's OK since with the 4 tuner Roamio I was going to change them anyway. I got all SPs including wishlists!
I had the same errors due to a few manual recording SPs on my HD. Glad to know that's all it was.

I'm wondering about the ordering, though. Conflicts shouldn't be a problem with the extra tuners, but I do depend on some channel-specific SPs being prioritized above more general wish list entries. I noticed that the out-of-order SP list from my HD appears in kmttg to be sorted on the "__priority__" value, when the "priority" value would give the correct order.

I tried tweaking the "__priority__" values in the saved SP file to reflect the correct order (based on "priority", although that starts at 0 and has gaps, so I set __priority__ to consecutive integers starting at 1) and loaded it, but kmttg simply lists the entries in the order they appear in the file (so the PRIORITY column reflects neither "priority" nor "__priority__"). I could reorder the entries in the file, but before going any further I'll ask:

When I do a "Copy" to my new Roamio, what priority values will it use? Is it safe to experiment (Copy all, Delete all, repeat) without tickling any known TiVo bugs?

Quote:
Great program! Thanks!
Can't agree more. Thanks, moyekj!

--dave
d9357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #6156
moyekj

The order of the saved SP JSONArray defines the priority order. The "__priority__" parameter is just a kmttg introduced helper parameter and will have no influence on the actual priority.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #6157
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Any idea what can be causing this? It found the Tivo automatically and the IP looks right. The MAK worked on my other tivo and I pasted it directly from the tivo website...

Figured out the problem here, it's the Tivo. It received an update recently and now no sharing is working. Can't get it to see my pytivo shares or anything. Sorry...
A reboot is in order, when you get any unexplained errors or anything unusual.
When you see "Pending Restart" in the Network status, when it receives an update, you do not need to wait until it reboots itself. Just restart it manually, no matter if you pull the plug or through the menu.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #6158
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
A reboot is in order, when you get any unexplained errors or anything unusual.
When you see "Pending Restart" in the Network status, when it receives an update, you do not need to wait until it reboots itself. Just restart it manually, no matter if you pull the plug or through the menu.

I rebooted several times and that thing still won't see the pyTivo shares. i turned sharing off on the website and kept connecting until the status was i,i,i,a the turned it back on until the status is a,a,a,a and it still won't see the pytivo shares. My tivoHD is fine but my premeir no longer shares or see's pyTivo.

So I signed up for the next release hoping it will fix the problem. The version I just received was the one from late October (fall release) so there is a newer OS currently being released. I sure hope that fixes it.

What Tivo should know, the only reason I keep the premier subscribed is because it records the shows I keep and archive. my TivoHD is the one we watch. If I can't get the shows off the box then there's no reason to have it sub'd. I'll just save that $12/mo...
Old 12-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #6159
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I rebooted several times and that thing still won't see the pyTivo shares. i turned sharing off on the website and kept connecting until the status was i,i,i,a the turned it back on until the status is a,a,a,a and it still won't see the pytivo shares. My tivoHD is fine but my premeir no longer shares or see's pyTivo.

So I signed up for the next release hoping it will fix the problem. The version I just received was the one from late October (fall release) so there is a newer OS currently being released. I sure hope that fixes it.

What Tivo should know, the only reason I keep the premier subscribed is because it records the shows I keep and archive. my TivoHD is the one we watch. If I can't get the shows off the box then there's no reason to have it sub'd. I'll just save that $12/mo...
If you are getting TTG: i,i,i, it seems to show that under DVR Preferences, the "Transfers" and/or "Downloads" boxes, in your tico.com account, were unchecked somehow. Perhaps if it was previously subscribed to Tivo service, then became unsubscribed and re-subscribed.

If they are turned off, then you cannot do any transferring to/from that Tivo.

If they are currently checked, try this:
  • Uncheck the boxes.
  • Force Tivo Connection to Tivo boxes.
  • Re-check those boxes.
  • Force another Tivo Connection.
For PyTivo, you can restart the server by running the commands to "Stop Service", then do "Start Service"

~~~~~

Old 12-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #6160
Soapm

The i,i,i,i, were my attempt to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
If they are turned off, then you cannot do any transferring to/from that Tivo.

If they are currently checked, try this:
  • Uncheck the boxes.
  • Force Tivo Connection to Tivo boxes.
  • Re-check those boxes.
  • Force another Tivo Connection.
Anyway, I got a software update and all is happy now. I guess that previous OS got corrupted or something during install... thanks...
Old 12-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #6161
moyekj

v1p0k release

v1p0k version is now released. Consult release_notes for details.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #6162
mattack

I'm still on 1p0j, doesn't look like the update changes this...

i just got a Roamio Plus. I got it up and subscribed (though it can't see the shows on my Premiere 4, yes I connected to the service several times -- it did realize it was subscribed).

I couldn't get their SP manager working (maybe for the same reason as above -- maybe it's not fully "set up").

So I tried to do this in kmttg. First of all, the kmttg configuration page doesn't mention the Remote tab at all.

Anyway, I figured out how to get the SP list saved from my Premiere 4 and load it to Roamio.. I select all rows (which is hard, since cmd-A doesn't work, I have to shift-click after selecting the first item and scrolling to the bottom).

Out of my 271 Season Passes (yes that's excessive), it seemed to copy only 61 of them.

Why is it not copying all of them and how do I make it do so?

The one bug I did find is that while you support wishlists (AWESOME!), my repeated attempts to copy the SP list makes duplicates, only for ARWLs.

Maybe I'm using kmttg wrong.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #6163
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I am using the current v1p0k version and the previous version until it was updated, but when I try to use v0p9i, my setting went bonkers. I had to reset the window size, columns and their sizes, also the jobs, stats windows.

It stayed that way even when I returned to the current version.

~~~~~

Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #6164
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Out of my 271 Season Passes (yes that's excessive), it seemed to copy only 61 of them.
Were there error messages for the ones that failed? kmttg prints a message for each SP copy, success or failure. If you have any repeating manual SPs those don't work since there's insufficient data to do the copy. With all the C133 issues lately that could also be a problem as the TiVo servers need to be up and running properly for SP scheduling to work reliably.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #6165
mattack

Oh, do you mean that the SP copying really is "the same" as what the TiVo web page uses?

So I don't have to worry (paranoid) about some potential future incompatibility, esp after I sell the other one and no longer have the SPs?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #6166
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Oh, do you mean that the SP copying really is "the same" as what the TiVo web page uses?

So I don't have to worry (paranoid) about some potential future incompatibility, esp after I sell the other one and no longer have the SPs?
No, it's not the same at all since for one the scheduling is immediate, but the series ID lookup done by the TiVo when scheduling SPs (even on TiVo itself) relies on TiVo servers rather than local guide data. As has become increasingly obvious lately, TiVo is relying more and more on servers for functionality rather than local guide data.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #6167
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

One minor tweak thought: it would be great if when you went to Update Tools if it told you if you already had the latest version, just like when you try and update KMTTG. As it stands now it just asks if you want to install, regardless if you just installed them a minute ago.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #6168
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
One minor tweak thought: it would be great if when you went to Update Tools if it told you if you already had the latest version, just like when you try and update KMTTG. As it stands now it just asks if you want to install, regardless if you just installed them a minute ago.
I thought about it, but for tools it could be useful to be able to update in case you messed with tools under kmttg installation (I mess with them all the time but may be the exception). I suppose I could write a file to kmttg directory when tools are updated indicating version that was installed and then report that as part of the tools check, but still allow option to install anyway.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #6169
reneg

I updated to version v1p0k. In my kmttg work flow, when I file add a .Vprj file, it deletes the .Vprj file, but not the .mpg file. When I file add a .mpg file, it deletes the .mpg file, but not the .Vprj file.

Any way that I can get kmttg to delete both the .Vprj file & the .mpg file?

Under File -> Configure, I have all the 'remove' check boxes checked.

My workflow is two phases:
Phase 1: Kmttg service does auto-transfer of metadata, decrypt, QS Fix, and ad detect for each show.
Phase 2 happens whenever I get around to it. Launch each .Vprj under VideoRedo, and verify ad-cuts, save .Vprj, then in kmttg add file and then start job with Ad cut, captions, and encode and custom checked.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #6170
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
I updated to version v1p0k. In my kmttg work flow, when I file add a .Vprj file, it deletes the .Vprj file, but not the .mpg file. When I file add a .mpg file, it deletes the .mpg file, but not the .Vprj file.

Any way that I can get kmttg to delete both the .Vprj file & the .mpg file?

Under File -> Configure, I have all the 'remove' check boxes checked.

My workflow is two phases:
Phase 1: Kmttg service does auto-transfer of metadata, decrypt, QS Fix, and ad detect for each show.
Phase 2 happens whenever I get around to it. Launch each .Vprj under VideoRedo, and verify ad-cuts, save .Vprj, then in kmttg add file and then start job with Ad cut, captions, and encode and custom checked.
Looking at the code with flow broken down as you are doing I can see why files aren't deleted when starting from FILES tab. I've made changes to next release to accommodate that flow. NOTE: The right/expected starting file is the .mpg file, not the .VPrj file.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #6171
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I thought about it, but for tools it could be useful to be able to update in case you messed with tools under kmttg installation (I mess with them all the time but may be the exception). I suppose I could write a file to kmttg directory when tools are updated indicating version that was installed and then report that as part of the tools check, but still allow option to install anyway.
I can see that. I don't touch any of the tools, but I can definitely understand a need to "reset" everything back to default for a variety of reasons.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #6172
reneg

Quote:
Looking at the code with flow broken down as you are doing I can see why files aren't deleted when starting from FILES tab. I've made changes to next release to accommodate that flow. NOTE: The right/expected starting file is the .mpg file, not the .VPrj file.
Thanks, I'll take a look when the next release comes out.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #6173
tspofford

Kevin, after your (?) suggestion in another forum earlier today about transferring season passes (hereafter SP) from a Series3 to its Series5 replacement, I installed kmttg but find myself unable to display the Series3 SPs, only the recorded shows. I CAN see SPs on the Series5, using the Remote button. I've tried it with "use ipad style communications" both on and off for the Series3 (my understanding from the wiki is that it doesn't work for pre-Series4 boxes?). With it off, and the Series3 selected in the 3rd row, all I can see is recorded shows. With it on, and using the 3rd row Remote button, I can select the Series3, choose Season Passes, and refresh, but I get back Operation timed out, followed by a lengthy java socket error that's beyond my ability to interpret.

Can you suggest an approach that will let me get my SPs from my old Series3 to my new Series5? Thanks very much.

Sorry: kmttg on a Mac.
tspofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #6174
moyekj

For series 3 units you need to provide your TiVo.com login and password under configuration->TiVos tab in order for them to be visible in remote section. Don't enable the ipad feature for them.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #6175
berkinet

Error in v1p0k

kmttg v1p0k
MacOS 10.9.1

After loading kmttg and selecting File->Configure... for the first time, I get
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.apple.laf.AquaComboBoxUI$1.itemStateChanged(AquaComboBoxUI.java:97)
	at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireItemStateChanged(JComboBox.java:1225)
	at javax.swing.JComboBox.selectedItemChanged(JComboBox.java:1282)
	at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(JComboBox.java:1329)
	at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(AbstractListModel.java:118)
	at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(DefaultComboBoxModel.java:93)
	at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(JComboBox.java:578)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.read(configMain.java:849)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.configMain.display(configMain.java:157)
	at com.tivo.kmttg.gui.gui$24.actionPerformed(gui.java:1006)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:833)
	at com.apple.laf.AquaMenuItemUI.doClick(AquaMenuItemUI.java:157)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:877)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3320)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
Subsequent attempts to open Configure all succeed.
Closing and re-opening the program causes the error agin.
100% repeatable.
berkinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #6176
berkinet

Problem with Transport Stream Format is MacOS

kmttg v1p0k
MacOS 10.9.1
Premier 4

Files downloaded with Transport Stream Format set fail to decode.

Code:
tivodecode failed (exit code: 138 ) - check command: /Users/rdp/Downloads/src/TiVo/kmttg/kmttg/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/rdp/Downloads/TiVo/Taratata (12_12).mpg" "/Users/rdp/Downloads/TiVo/Taratata (12_12).TiVo" 
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
With Transport Stream Format unset, it works fine.

BTW, Thanks for an incredible useful program.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #6177
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkinet View Post
kmttg v1p0k
MacOS 10.9.1
Premier 4

Files downloaded with Transport Stream Format set fail to decode.

Code:
tivodecode failed (exit code: 138 ) - check command: /Users/rdp/Downloads/src/TiVo/kmttg/kmttg/tivodecode/tivodecode --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/rdp/Downloads/TiVo/Taratata (12_12).mpg" "/Users/rdp/Downloads/TiVo/Taratata (12_12).TiVo" 
Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
With Transport Stream Format unset, it works fine.

BTW, Thanks for an incredible useful program.
Yes, read the bolded note at the bottom of tooltip text in the configuration window for that setting where it says tivodecode doesn't support this TS .TiVo format.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #6178
moyekj

Quote:
Subsequent attempts to open Configure all succeed.
Closing and re-opening the program causes the error agin.
100% repeatable.
I can't test Mac but I don't see such errors on Linux or Windows. When you first open configuration window under Visual tab does "look and feel" show any available selections?

Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #6179
berkinet

Quote:
...When you first open configuration window under Visual tab does "look and feel" show any available selections?
Yes, and I have chosen "Mac OS X" and that seems to be the problem. CDE/Motif works fine. I didn't try any others.

Oops on the Stream Transport... I didn't let the mouse linger long enough to see the tooltip.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #6180
moyekj

Quote:
Yes, and I have chosen "Mac OS X" and that seems to be the problem. CDE/Motif works fine. I didn't try any others.
Perhaps leaving as "default" avoids issues and leaves default OS X look?