TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #61
Elgato54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgato54 View Post
Got it last night. Hopefully it will improve stability.

Is this Roamio roll out the biggest mess yet?
Reboots, lock ups, bad channels, error messages, poor tuning and Support seems to be completely clueless.

In three years I never experienced anything like this with the Premiere.
OK, noticed a new problem.

Yesterday we had both Hallmark channels 1130 and 1390. Now they are gone. Not sure if any other channels are missing.

Spent some time with Cox support and they say everything looks fine.
They unpaired and re-paired the cable card.

I rebooted the tuning adapter and the Roamio and forced a network connection.

Cox has no idea but suggested getting a new cable card.
Elgato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #62
pshivers
Retired!

About the same time as when the 20.3.8 update was applied for me on Friday the 13th I made one final adjustment to my MoCA Network. I was using the Tuning Adapter coax "pass through" to my Roamio Pro which is also my MoCA+Ethernet Bridge for the rest of the house supplying 3 Tivo Mini's and 1 Standard Roamio (waiting for a replacement MoCA Bridge from Actiontec for the STD Roamio).

Per recommendations I've read here and on other websites I installed a 2-way coax splitter to connect the Roamio Pro and the TA separately so the the Roamio Pro MoCA feed was no longer passing through the TA. Seems to have improved things a tad. I was showing speeds of 260-265 RX & TX PHY on the Mini's before the change and am now showing readings in the the 275-280 range. All devices are now working with zero error messages (No more C133 or C130 messages).

I did try re-enabling the 6th tuner on my Roamio Pro but that led to the V58 Unauthorized messages after a few hours of operation so I am back to only having 5 active but reliable tuners.

As soon as I have the STD Roamio back on Ethernet instead of wireless with a replacement MoCA bridge I will probably point one of the Mini's to it for tuning duties leaving only two Mini's using the Roamio Pro for tuning.

Even with all the little "Gotcha's" I've gone through getting this system installed and working over the past 2+ months I am very pleased with the performance and usability improvements I now have over the Charter Cable provided Cisco DVR's.

Now if Charter would just upgrade the Firmware on my Cisco CableCards to 153.1101 all would be nearly perfect in my Tivo system...

Thanks to everyone on the Board, (especially to TiVoMargret), that have contributed so many helpful posts to make our viewing enjoyment even better!
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Last edited by pshivers : 12-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post
New apps, you say? Hmmm.

Here's to hoping for Amazon Prime and/or HBO!!
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #64
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
I've never had any cablecard/sdv issues with Charter since I got a Premiere (got it right at launch). I still don't have any issues tuning channels with the Roamio. I guess I am just lucky my cable headend is managed properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Same here. Never had a problem with the tuning adapter. Although until recently I'm not sure they used it for many of the channels I actually watch. Now that they've added all these HD channels they're probably using it more, so I guess we'll see if I start to have the same problems others have had.
Who's your TA - Cisco or Moto?
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #65
stannenb

I apparently got the 20.3.8 over the weekend and, coincident with that, the Tivo app on my iPad started to insist that my Tivo was not on the same wireless network. Since I have only one wireless network, and the Tivo and iPad were both on it prior to the upgrade (confirmed by forcing a connection) that doesn't seem to be true.

There are other oddities, too. The iPad app says the MAK from my Tivo is invalid. I can login with my Tivo account and get functionality.

[Insert a pause from some further debugging.]

What fixed this is uninstalling the iPad app, reinstalling it, trying to configure it for streaming, failing again with the same "not on home network problem", waiting (while typing this post), and trying again. This time, it succeeded. I have no idea if the uninstall/reinstall was the fix, or it just added enough time so that if I just waited all that time, it would have worked, too.

So, except for the couple of hours spent going in circles, I'm happy. I leave this here for anyone else who stumbles across the problem to let them know they're not alone.

Well, except I'm not. During the typing of that last paragraph, the iPad app twice stopped a download saying the Tivo had lost its connection to the internet. Both times, a retry started it again, but I'm left thinking something is less than stable in 20.3.8 connectivity.

[Sorry for the stream of conciousness problem report, but that seems to best capture what was going on.]
stannenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #66
Pejota

Just noticed that modifying the end time of an upcoming Season Pass recording still results in duplicate recordings.
Pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #67
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejota View Post
Just noticed that modifying the end time of an upcoming Season Pass recording still results in duplicate recordings.
Yes, quite irritating...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #68
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Still not experiencing this. Never have. [knocking on wood]
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #69
atmuscarella

Quote:
Yes still a problem, however if you alter the season pass not the individual recording you will not get duplicates. Not a great solution but better than getting duplicates that don't have all the program data.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #70
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmuscarella View Post
Yes still a problem, however if you alter the season pass not the individual recording you will not get duplicates. Not a great solution but better than getting duplicates that don't have all the program data.
Some details on the "new apps"...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r288...Winter-Update.

Quote:
New Pandora App (HTML 5 Version)

AOL On! (HTML 5 Version) with TechCruch App

New MOVIEFONE App that is a very nice replacement to the legacy fandango app.

The Opera Store will launch in January, within the Opera Store App there are about 140 apps the include everything from Facebook, Twitter , Games , Weather , etc.. We are still working on that App and hope to launch it in Early Jan.

sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #71
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post

Yawn. Amazon Streaming, Vudu, and hulu+ please.
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #72
rainwater

I already see Techcrunch and MovieFone on one of my Roamios. Maybe I'm blind but it seems like all MovieFone does is play trailers (and some with ads)?
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #73
sheshechic

Since the update, my two Pros have been rebooting at least once a day. With all the headaches the Roamios have caused, I'm sick of them. I'm going to get rid of one and see if that helps at all. Maybe Pros or Roamios in general don't play well together?
sheshechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #74
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
I already see Techcrunch and MovieFone on one of my Roamios.
TechCrunch and MovieFone should now be available on Roamio and Mini. If you don't see them in "Apps & Games" then make a connection to the TiVo Service, and after it is complete go to TiVo Central and press THUMBS DOWN - THUMBS UP - PLAY - PLAY. (This will restart the UI, and they will appear. Otherwise they will appear the next time the box reboots.)
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

AOL.on and Web Video Hotlist

Last night we released new versions of the AOL.on and Web Video Hotlist apps.
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #76
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Last night we released new versions of the AOL.on and Web Video Hotlist apps.
I was wondering why AOL.on got re-enabled on my Roamio. It would be nice if upgrades could respect the enable/disable setting.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #77
rainwater

Quote:
TechCrunch and MovieFone should now be available on Roamio and Mini. If you don't see them in "Apps & Games" then make a connection to the TiVo Service, and after it is complete go to TiVo Central and press THUMBS DOWN - THUMBS UP - PLAY - PLAY. (This will restart the UI, and they will appear. Otherwise they will appear the next time the box reboots.)
Any reason why MovieFone and TechCrunch aren't under Find TV, Movies, & Videos with the rest of the video apps (along with My Video Providers)?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #78
NYHeel

I had another Netflix reboot on my Roamio last night. It seems that every time I exit the Netflix app by pressing the live TV button, I get a reboot.

Also, the sound was really terrible watching a show on Netflix. That same show on Netflix through my Apple TV sounded fine.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #79
rainwater

Since today it is taking about 30 seconds to view the details of a show in My Shows (click any recording in My Shows). I am getting the blue circle of death and then the show finally appears.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #80
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Could you please elaborate on what Thumbs-Down, Thumbs-Up, RECORD, RECORD does differently, if anything different at all? I noticed, long ago, it seems to do the same thing (reboot the HDUI), except it takes longer to finish doing so (or often seems to). Was it just in the same general area as Play, and given the same end-result, or is there something different?

Last edited by nooneuknow : 12-17-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added a few words to be more specific
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #81
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
I already see Techcrunch and MovieFone on one of my Roamios. Maybe I'm blind but it seems like all MovieFone does is play trailers (and some with ads)?
Yeah how come the Moviefone app doesn't have show times?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #82
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini boxes (purchased from tivo.com or a retailer) were authorized for the 20.3.8 software update tonight.

Here are some of the changes:
- now will retry tuning requests after a Tuning Adapter fails to respond
I am seeing that this is helping quite a bit, I have many Test SDV recordings daily, and not one has failed. Tuning to SDV channels now seems to take a bit longer, but the video finally tunes in. I have not had any tuning failures. (Knock on Wood)

Looking good so far.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #83
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I was wondering why AOL.on got re-enabled on my Roamio. It would be nice if upgrades could respect the enable/disable setting.
It is annoying. I am pretty sure I went in and turned it off once before and it came back. Shouldn't it remember that I want it off? Strange.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #84
Dan203
Super Moderator

Maybe the new app got a new internal ID and as such the setting didn't carry over? I noticed it only happened for AOL and not the Web Hot List app, so it doesn't seem to be a universal problem.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #85
ustavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel View Post
I had another Netflix reboot on my Roamio last night. It seems that every time I exit the Netflix app by pressing the live TV button, I get a reboot.

Also, the sound was really terrible watching a show on Netflix. That same show on Netflix through my Apple TV sounded fine.
Try backing out to the Netflix menu and exit. At least get out of the show itself. Also try Clear and see if you still have a reboot.

Sound can be sporadic at times. Try hitting "info" when this happens and see if you're getting 1080 (when you're supposed to) or 480 (when you're supposed to).

I have found that backing out slowly helps mitigate reboots. Seems that the Roamio doesn't like zippy, clickity jumping around a lot.
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #86
bbbbb

Could you please fix issue with moca+encryption resetting/disabling after every update? Every time tivo pushes an update my mini and roamio moca has to re-setup. It's a pain...
bbbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #87
c3
TiVoholic

WiFi seems to have gotten worse with this update. I had to reboot my Roamio for the second time in the past few days to get network connectivity back.
c3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #88
anthonymoody

Quote:
Since today it is taking about 30 seconds to view the details of a show in My Shows (click any recording in My Shows). I am getting the blue circle of death and then the show finally appears.
Same here.

I was going through a list of shows that TiVo incorrectly records (it records repeats even though I have it set to New only; I know it's a guide/hgtv issue, but still frustrating). Anyway I was deleting them one by one. After the first 5 or 6, it started to behave normally.
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #89
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I am seeing that this is helping quite a bit, I have many Test SDV recordings daily, and not one has failed. Tuning to SDV channels now seems to take a bit longer, but the video finally tunes in. I have not had any tuning failures. (Knock on Wood)

Looking good so far.
This has helped quite a bit but I still have had tuning failures. Not nearly as many as before so it is definitely a big step in the right direction.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #90
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbb View Post
Could you please fix issue with moca+encryption resetting/disabling after every update? Every time tivo pushes an update my mini and roamio moca has to re-setup. It's a pain...
Who is "you"? This isn't a TiVo company forum...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote