TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #61
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
Basically, yes. You would have to call a special number for the Comcast CableCARD hotline to update the pairing to the new Roamio, but self-installs of CableCARDs have been mandated by the FCC for almost 2 years now. Gone are the days of needing a tech for a CableCard install.
Thank you! This is great news for us

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #62
rjd123

I just wanted to post an update that Comcast pushed 1.5.3 1101 to my Scientific Atlanta cable card, and paired it, and that fixed the issues that I had with channels not coming in. I'm going to think about maybe upgrading to Roamio now that the channels are finally working right for me here in Palm Beach Gardens. I appreciate the help here. Thanks!
rjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #63
danterner
Not it!

I'll chime in to add that my problems (in Greenacres) with lost channels on my Premiere were resolved with the cable card update, as well.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #64
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I'll chime in to add that my problems (in Greenacres) with lost channels on my Premiere were resolved with the cable card update, as well.
We're neighbors And my daughter's Premiere is fixed as well (Boynton Beach).

Old 11-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #65
nws alpine

All good in Boca too. No more errors.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #66
Ziggie

Lost everything as of 10 minutes ago. All V58 errors :<

Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #67
Ziggie

Called comcast and they re-paired the cards again (sigh)

Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #68
nws alpine

Mine has been going strong. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
nws alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #69
DigitalDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Lost everything as of 10 minutes ago. All V58 errors :<
Ziggie,

Is your TiVo on a UPS?
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #70
joanzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanzen View Post
My cablecard information:

S3 - Cablecard 1 - H/W Model:0800 Ver:0012 OS Ver:1.04.01 (Nov 11, 2006, 11:20:34)
Cablecard 2 - H/W Model:0600 Ver:0010 OS Build:2.3.149s2 (Mon May 2, 2005, 1:28:42PM EDT)
HD - H/W Model:0800 Ver:0012 OS Ver:01.01.10P3.1 (Jun 3, 2007, 16:58:34)
Premiere - H/W Model:0600 Ver:0010 OS Ver:2.3.149s2 (Mon May 2 2005 1:28:42 PM EST)

FYI. Prior to 11/15, my Premiere, HD, and S3 had various firmware versions. I came back from vacation today (12/1) to find my Premiere, HD, and CC1 on my S3 all at PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101. Strangely, CC2 in my S3 was not updated, so I'll have to give them a call tomorrow about that. But it does appear that the many complaints got some attention.
joanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #71
jgorran

Palm Beach Couty TIVO owners,
I'm coming a little late to this thread, but I live in Boynton Beach and have experienced ALL of the problems you have. I have a three year old two tuner Premier with a cable card. I am still having the problems as of today 12/9/13. The SAME problems Do I need to have Comcast re-pair my card or do I need the new firmware specifically for my card? Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this resolved. thanks gang.
jgorran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #72
DigitalDawn

First thing you need to do is find out what firmware your card is running.

Go to the TiVo Cable Card Diag menu and look for the word PKEY. The firmware version will follow. Let us know what version you have, and we'll take it from there.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #73
jgorran

Digital Dawn,
Thanks for the reply. Here's what I have done this morning right before seeing your current post. I sent an email to
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com and then I went first and removed the cablecard to see who made it, model number , date etc. I put it back in and lo and behold, i started receiving the 1.5.3 1101 firmware update. So I am assuming that the issues may now be solved, at least for us lucky folks in Palm Beach County and I too will consider buying a Roamio. So far, so good. I hope it holds!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #74
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
Ziggie,

Is your TiVo on a UPS?
My apologies! I'm sorry, I just saw your post to me now.

My issue was due to Comcast recoding my bill (sigh). They have since fixed the problem.

But, just wondering.. what is a UPS?

Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #75
DigitalDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorran View Post
Digital Dawn,
Thanks for the reply. Here's what I have done this morning right before seeing your current post. I sent an email to
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com and then I went first and removed the cablecard to see who made it, model number , date etc. I put it back in and lo and behold, i started receiving the 1.5.3 1101 firmware update. So I am assuming that the issues may now be solved, at least for us lucky folks in Palm Beach County and I too will consider buying a Roamio. So far, so good. I hope it holds!!!!
Great news. I'm having a Roamio sale. PM me for the details.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #76
DigitalDawn

Quote:
My apologies! I'm sorry, I just saw your post to me now.

My issue was due to Comcast recoding my bill (sigh). They have since fixed the problem.

But, just wondering.. what is a UPS?
A UPS is an Uninterruptible power supply. Basically, this means that (on most units) electronics plugged into this device are always running on battery power. When the power goes out -- as it always does down here in Florida -- your TiVo will stay on and won't reboot.

I have my TiVo, router, network switch and Control4 controller all running on a Panamax UPS. BTW, there are much less expensive models available from APC ($35 +)
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #77
Ziggie

Quote:
A UPS is an Uninterruptible power supply. Basically, this means that (on most units) electronics plugged into this device are always running on battery power. When the power goes out -- as it always does down here in Florida -- your TiVo will stay on and won't reboot.

I have my TiVo, router, network switch and Control4 controller all running on a Panamax UPS. BTW, there are much less expensive models available from APC ($35 +)
Thanks Dawn I was pretty sure that's what you were referring to, but I wasn't sure. To answer your question though...no, we don't. It's been on my "to do" list for ages.. I need to give it a higher priority

Old 12-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #78
jgorran

Well, yesterday was a good day for my Tivo Premier when after removing and then re-inserting the cable card, the new firmware was downloaded. So far, after 30 hours, everything seems to be working as it used to. Yesterday, I even received a phone call from a gentleman at Comcast respondng to my message to We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com He gave me his name and number in case anything else was not working. So all seems well after several months of continuing frustration and finger pointing every which way.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #79
Edvin

Is anyone seeing Xfinity on demand available? The Tivo site says it should be available for our zip codes.
Edvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #80
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvin View Post
Is anyone seeing Xfinity on demand available? The Tivo site says it should be available for our zip codes.

You're right. But we don't see anything on Channel 01 other than what's been there all along

Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #81
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:

You're right. But we don't see anything on Channel 01 other than what's been there all along
Nothing is supposed to show up on Channel 01, AFAIK. The interface is strictly through the VOD app; to the user it will appear to be the same sort of mechanism as Netflix or Hulu Plus.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #82
Ziggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Nothing is supposed to show up on Channel 01, AFAIK. The interface is strictly through the VOD app; to the user it will appear to be the same sort of mechanism as Netflix or Hulu Plus.
Ahh, thanks CC

I will check and see if I can find the app on my unit.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #83
DigitalDawn

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong, but this could be a mistake on the TiVo website. And I don't see the Comcast app in the TiVo list.

From what I've been hearing, Comcast has decided to stop rolling out VOD for TiVo, and will only offer it in the markets it's currently available in.

I just left a message over in the Comcast forums to see if they know anything about this. Perhaps we need to re-connect to the TiVo servers to download the app?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #84
Ziggie

Quote:
I really, really, really hope I'm wrong, but this could be a mistake on the TiVo website. And I don't see the Comcast app in the TiVo list.

From what I've been hearing, Comcast has decided to stop rolling out VOD for TiVo, and will only offer it in the markets it's currently available in.

I just left a message over in the Comcast forums to see if they know anything about this. Perhaps we need to re-connect to the TiVo servers to download the app?
I don't have the app either. But I'm curious as to why Comcast would not provide it to surrounding counties? The TiVo page *does* tell you to force a reboot to see if the app will appear/launch.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #85
Ziggie

Quote:
DD, what forum did you post in? What is the best forum over there for PBC Tivo/Comcast issues?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #86
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
I don't have the app either. But I'm curious as to why Comcast would not provide it to surrounding counties?
From what I hear, it's not a simple process at the local level. Each head-end of a franchise has to be strongly tied in to the internet. What the head-end sends out, and what frequency it sends it out at, are all determined by what the internet app negotiates. So it really needs to be a franchise by franchise roll-out, which may or may not be stalled now.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #87
Ziggie

Quote:
From what I hear, it's not a simple process at the local level. Each head-end of a franchise has to be strongly tied in to the internet. What the head-end sends out, and what frequency it sends it out at, are all determined by what the internet app negotiates. So it really needs to be a franchise by franchise roll-out, which may or may not be stalled now.
CC, I wish I knew what you were saying! lol Unfortunately, I don't understand. I wish I did.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #88
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
CC, I wish I knew what you were saying! lol Unfortunately, I don't understand. I wish I did.
In short, your TiVo has to be able to talk to a local piece of cable company hardware over the internet. Setting up that local hardware on the internet is non-trivial and may be impossible for some local setups. Thus Comcast has to roll out the Xfinity On Demand one local piece at a time, normally at the franchise or county level.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #89
Ziggie

Quote:
In short, your TiVo has to be able to talk to a local piece of cable company hardware over the internet. Setting up that local hardware on the internet is non-trivial and may be impossible for some local setups. Thus Comcast has to roll out the Xfinity On Demand one local piece at a time, normally at the franchise or county level.
Thanks CC for taking the time to re-explain it to me Palm Beach County is the 2nd largest county in the entire state and Comcast absorbed whatever Adelphia left behind. Wouldn't a cable card "talk" to the same piece of company hardware that the cable box does? They told us to expect VOD in January of 2013 so they're about a year late.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #90
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Wouldn't a cable card "talk" to the same piece of company hardware that the cable box does?
Yes, it's the same piece of company hardware, the head-end. A cable company supplied box is able to talk through its cablecard to the head-end to arrange the Xfinity On Demand show, so the communication is happening completely over your coax cable. Unfortunately, the protocol language for talking through the cablecard to the head-end is a proprietary protocol that is dependent on the particular cable company and particular local hardware; there is no way for TiVo to implement it and talk over the coax. So what TiVo and Comcast have done is implement an alternate route over the internet between the TiVo box and the head-end. But now you've got some things coming over the internet and some things coming over the coax, and the Comcast head-end has to merge everything together, which can be difficult.

In your case, it's likely to be very difficult for Comcast to do. Since the franchise was recently acquired (I think you said), it's not running Comcast's standard hardware and protocol, so there's a whole lot of new local effort that needs to be figured out.