TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
sangs

Arrow Is my Tivo setup causing problems with my FiOS internet?

Hope somebody can help with this.

Here's the setup. Have a Roamio Pro, Roamio Plus and a Mini. The Roamio Pro is connected with a coax and ethernet cable, MOCA connection enabled so that the Plus and Mini can simply connect through coax. The Tivos communicate properly. The Mini hiccups at times, but I've read that might happen.

The problem is with my FiOS internet connection.

I've had it for several years and it has been rock solid. No dropped signals, weird disconnects, nothing. However, since installing the Tivos, something is up. While I still receive fast speeds, the signal goes in-and-out with alarming frequency. This happens with the hardwired connection on the Actiontech Router, the wireless connection on the Actiontech Router and the wireless connection on our Airport Extreme, which is placed in Bridge Mode and has been for a couple years. As I mentioned, I've have never had any issues with this setup before introducing the Tivos into the equation.

Any ideas, suggestions or solutions? As somebody that does a lot of work at home, I need my FiOS internet to go back to what it was. Thanks in advance.
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
shamilian

If you enable the Tivo to be a Moca bridge, you need to disable the actiontech router from also being a moca bridge.

Choose one or the other, not both.
shamilian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
sangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
If you enable the Tivo to be a Moca bridge, you need to disable the actiontech router from also being a moca bridge.

Choose one or the other, not both.
OK, but which is the preferred method for FiOS users? Thanks.

Also, I probably should have mentioned that the Actiontech is provisioned for ethernet, if that makes a difference. I have a Cat 6 cable connected the ONT and the Actiontech. (There's a coax connection to the Actiontech too, but I thought that was for the FiOS guide and On Demand content for its DVRs/STBs.)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
sangs

Turns out the problem was I had ethernet connected to the Roamio Pro along with coax, which has MoCA running already through FiOS. Everything has been running great (knock wood) since disconnecting the ethernet.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Bloodyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
Turns out the problem was I had ethernet connected to the Roamio Pro along with coax, which has MoCA running already through FiOS. Everything has been running great (knock wood) since disconnecting the ethernet.
FiOS router creates a moca signal on it's own so for moca compatible devices you should only need the coax.
Bloodyred is offline   Reply With Quote