TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

It's visibly the same interface? Interesting. I'd have thought that it might require a firmware update.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #32
jgametest

wow

In order to see the new Netflix you have to launch it from the beta KMTTG as described above. In the section of remote, click the dropbox that says NETFLIX HTML. No this is a complete re-write there is a separate section for KIDS and then the General. It's flashy and quick. I did not see a prompt to choose profile so it's using the account profile. I watched it prebuffer the video of Superwhy before launched so it's running smooth. Using the beta I will try some other things to see how far I can take it. It seems this version has opened navigation to the browser.

This re-write reminds me of HuluPlus.

Enhanced Functions: Hit ZOOM from here you can search, pull account information, Exit KIDS , Exit Netflix.

Instead of the traditional REW/FWRD push UP and a mini window with pictures similar to what you get from Streambaby move the cursor left to right to increase-decrease length of video. Once you find where to start just hit SELECT.

The one thing this version lacks is the ability of "Start Over".. I thought if I hit info on the video of selection it would give me choices. Not that I see anyone figure where this ability went?

Here is the tool I'm using that brought me where I am now.
==================================================
Opera SDK 4 is using this --> http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto2.12/

These are all the technical specs of what this bad boy can do. The presto 2.12 is the latest rendering engine

Sent this command from KMTTG web
opera:about
Here it will identify LINUX kernel, Tivo version and the subdirectories Opera is installed in
including the plugins and other interesting data that has been hidden from us.
==================================================

moyekj

Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post

How do I run the above RPC command: on the Roamio Pro, in an attempt to see if I can get Netflix to launch?

Replace your current kmttg.jar with beta version in this zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing
Then run kmttg and from Remote tab, Remote sub-tab press the "HME Jump" button with "Netflix (html)" as the selection to launch it.
(This also should work to run html version of Netflix on series 4 units).

Cox headend with Motorola CableCards & TAs

Last edited by jgametest : 12-14-2013 at 11:28 PM.
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
mikeyts
Wireless Wiseguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgametest View Post
No this is a complete re-write there is a separate section for KIDS and then the General. It's flashy and quick.
Roamio shipped with a version of this UI, and changed to this at some point middle of last month. In Netflix's technical blog post they say:
Quote:
Our SDK team built a new rendering engine with which we can deliver animations on very resource constrained devices, making it possible to give customers our best UI.
That "new rendering engine" is a replacement for Webkit, which I thought would be hard coded, though apparently not, if it can run on the Opera SDK platform. What do I know ? I have no background in web tech.
Quote:
I did not see a prompt to choose profile so it's using the account profile.
It briefly had profile support which was yanked for unexplained reasons. Everything else I have with that UI (Roku 3, PS3, Xbox 360) has profile support and "Profiles" is present on the line with Search (magnifier), Kids, Tools (cog) and Exit (profiles is represented by the icon of the currently selected one). When this UI first showed up it had profiles for about a day.

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -- hookbill
mikeyts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #34
morac
Cat God

Pending restart. Thanks Margret.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #35
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
In order to see the new Netflix you have to launch it from the beta KMTTG as described above.
You no longer need the beta version of KMTTG, the new version v1p0k release has been updated to support launching the HTML5 Netflix.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #36
dave13077

Both of my boxes were updated yesterday (Thanks Margret!!).

So far, it is very early on, the "re-tuning" channel seems to be working. I tested it this morning and a couple of channels were black but I waited a few seconds. They did finally tune!! It was a second or so after the channel banner disappeared but they did tune. Before it didn't matter how long I waited they would just be black. I of course just jinsked my self.....
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #37
tbb1226
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
- improved some issues related to transferring shows between Series4 and Series5 DVRs
I can't say for sure that this is related, but since I received this update Friday night, I can no longer transfer recordings between my Premiere and my Series3 HDTiVo. I have tried restarting both, renaming them, turning Video Sharing off and on, and nothing works. The S3 TiVo tells me that the S4 has no recordings (although it does), and the Premier tells me that the S3 "My Shows could not be displayed because of a network problem." There is no network problem that I can detect. Both units can connect to the TiVo server and get updates.

I had zero issues transferring shows between these two units for over a year before this update. What did you do, TiVo????
tbb1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #38
chiguy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbb1226 View Post
I can't say for sure that this is related, but since I received this update Friday night, I can no longer transfer recordings between my Premiere and my Series3 HDTiVo. I have tried restarting both, renaming them, turning Video Sharing off and on, and nothing works. The S3 TiVo tells me that the S4 has no recordings (although it does), and the Premier tells me that the S3 "My Shows could not be displayed because of a network problem." There is no network problem that I can detect. Both units can connect to the TiVo server and get updates.

I had zero issues transferring shows between these two units for over a year before this update. What did you do, TiVo????
If you haven't done so already, try disconnecting both boxes from the network connection (i.e., ethernet cable or wireless adapter) for about 30 seconds, then reconnect. If it is a network glitch, this "soft reset" could clear it up.
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #39
jgametest

Big Grin Really...

That's weird my version of KMTTG just showed regular Netflix from the dropbox until I replaced it with beta. Will check into that update you mentioned. I confused my family, they launched Netflix this morning and said that's not what daddy was using last night where did it go? This is the yucky version.

Of course the new version supports it. Just download from SourceForge and replaced the old directory. Good to go. Now we wait for these new apps to appear.

Last edited by jgametest : 12-15-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #40
rjrustia

I just observed a strange behavior with 20.3 8. I record all NFL Football games, with 1 hour padding. In the past, the TiVo would allocate 2 tuners for the 1:00 games, and a 3rd tuner for the 4:25 game. 3 tuners would record till 5:00, then just the late game. Today, only 2 tuners were allocated and recording from 4:25 till 5:00 and 1 tuner from 5:00 on. My Shows only showed the two 1:00 games. At 5:25, still 1 tuner allocated, but My Shows now had all three games, with the 4:25 game now 1 hour in progress. FOX had the 1:00 and 4:25 game. It seems that 20.3.8 figured out it didn't need to allocate another tuner to record the same channel.

The up side is smarter tuner allocation will give the user more recording options. The down side is if you want to watch the 2nd game (or show) you have to wait until the first one finishes before it will show up in My Shows (you can still watch it live). I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing.

Also, the black channels are still there. No amount of time will acquire them.
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
tbb1226
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy50 View Post
If you haven't done so already, try disconnecting both boxes from the network connection (i.e., ethernet cable or wireless adapter) for about 30 seconds, then reconnect. If it is a network glitch, this "soft reset" could clear it up.
I did not try that, but I did reboot my router in the process. As I said before, it doesn't seem like there is any problem with the network, per se, but I'll give this a try and report back.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrustia View Post
I just observed a strange behavior with 20.3 8. I record all NFL Football games, with 1 hour padding. In the past, the TiVo would allocate 2 tuners for the 1:00 games, and a 3rd tuner for the 4:25 game. 3 tuners would record till 5:00, then just the late game. Today, only 2 tuners were allocated and recording from 4:25 till 5:00 and 1 tuner from 5:00 on. My Shows only showed the two 1:00 games. At 5:25, still 1 tuner allocated, but My Shows now had all three games, with the 4:25 game now 1 hour in progress. FOX had the 1:00 and 4:25 game. It seems that 20.3.8 figured out it didn't need to allocate another tuner to record the same channel.

The up side is smarter tuner allocation will give the user more recording options. The down side is if you want to watch the 2nd game (or show) you have to wait until the first one finishes before it will show up in My Shows (you can still watch it live). I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing.

I hope this is the case, that was number one on my which list. Number two was the upgrades to the closed captioning to allow removal of the black background. So, this could be a very good release for me.

On the down side, twice I have deleted a show after playing it, and had the live TV in the upper right-hand corner, but no menu, just a blank screen. I had to go to live TV and reenter TiVo central to get it back.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #43
tbb1226
TiVo Junkie

Quote:
I did not try that, but I did reboot my router in the process. As I said before, it doesn't seem like there is any problem with the network, per se, but I'll give this a try and report back.
Tried disconnecting/reconnecting the Ethernet adapters. No dice.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #44
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing.
Happened to me. Season Passes, not WL.

Great idea, but they need to clean up the programming. It makes it seem like your second recording is not working. Poor poor implementation.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #45
PedjaR

Quote:

I noticed the same thing on my Roamio; I gues it is a 2.3.8 thing:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=512449
PedjaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #46
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
That's weird my version of KMTTG just showed regular Netflix from the dropbox until I replaced it with beta. Will check into that update you mentioned. I confused my family, they launched Netflix this morning and said that's not what daddy was using last night where did it go? This is the yucky version.

Of course the new version supports it. Just download from SourceForge and replaced the old directory. Good to go. Now we wait for these new apps to appear.
You can Update KMTTG right from the Help drop-down (below the Close red X) now. you do not have to copy and replace with new code.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #47
chiguy50

Quote:
Tried disconnecting/reconnecting the Ethernet adapters. No dice.
Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like it's time to get the TiVo help desk to troubleshoot your issue.
chiguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #48
dave13077

Quote:

The up side is smarter tuner allocation will give the user more recording options. The down side is if you want to watch the 2nd game (or show) you have to wait until the first one finishes before it will show up in My Shows (you can still watch it live). Also, History in the HDUI does not show any of the games, using option show (all). Recording History in the SDUI doesn't show them either. I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing. Tuners get smarter, and logging gets dumber.

I sure wish Margret would post those release notes.
The same thing happened to me. I couldn't start watching the second game until the first stopped recording. Since I pad NFL games by 1 1/2 hours (in case of overtime) I had to wait an hour and a half before I could start the second game. Also there was about an hour in the middle of the game that I could not watch. Even though it looked like that hour was there on the progress bar (Green bar) it would just freeze and when I tried to fast forward it would just jump about an hour ahead. Couldn't rewind as the same thing would happen. Do not know if this was because of the new "using one tuner" deal.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #49
jgametest

Pulled update

Oh yes and I did that, I just wished it would automatically go where it's suppose to go de-compressed. Otherwise track it down from the download folder 7zip to c:\apps it's where I put everything that is commonly used or destroyed. But for now the existing process is fine.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #50
muzzymate

Quote:
- now will retry tuning requests after a Tuning Adapter fails to respond
As a Time Warner / Tivo customer, this is the best news I've seen all year! Can't wait for the update to apply, if it hasn't already.
muzzymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #51
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzymate View Post
As a Time Warner / Tivo customer, this is the best news I've seen all year! Can't wait for the update to apply, if it hasn't already.
I'm on Time Warner also. So far this has helped with the Black Channel/fail to Tune issues. Haven't done a ton of testing but so far it is encouraging.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #52
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
You can Update KMTTG right from the Help drop-down (below the Close red X) now. you do not have to copy and replace with new code.
That didn't work for me. Got a path error message. Had to go sourceforge.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #53
CloudAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13077 View Post
The same thing happened to me. I couldn't start watching the second game until the first stopped recording. Since I pad NFL games by 1 1/2 hours (in case of overtime) I had to wait an hour and a half before I could start the second game.
Dave - Starting at 4:25pm couldn't you have started watching the second game (4:25pm) by viewing the first game (1 pm) and skipping 3hr 25 minutes ahead?

What TiVo must do is when the first recording finishes, it creates the second recording by copying the overlapping part, from the first recording, at which point the second game shows up in My Shows.

Pretty nice for 2 tuner Premiere users.
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #54
dbattaglia001

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like it's time to get the TiVo help desk to troubleshoot your issue.
Quote:
I was able to transfer shows from a Series 3 to Premier with no problem after the software update. Must be an issue with your network.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #55
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
Dave - Starting at 4:25pm couldn't you have started watching the second game (4:25pm) by viewing the first game (1 pm) and skipping 3hr 25 minutes ahead?

What TiVo must do is when the first recording finishes, it creates the second recording by copying the overlapping part, from the first recording, at which point the second game shows up in My Shows.

Pretty nice for 2 tuner Premiere users.
Yes I could have skipped ahead during the first game, but when I reached the end of the buffer I would then have to go to the second recording and skip through the first hour and half to reach the point where the first recording left off. Not exactly a step forward in my opinion. I understand what Tivo is trying to do but it is going to cause issues for some.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #56
univers

20.3.8 Issue - Black screen in 'My Shows'

Since the 20.3.8 update 2 days ago, I've been having a problem when I'm viewing a recording, reach the end and select 'Delete'. (Not sure if it would happen if I chose to keep the recording.)

Instead of seeing the 'My Shows' screen, I get only black.

The remote still functions and I can blindly select another recording to play, which then restores the display.

This has happened probably 5 or 6 times in 2 days, so somewhere between 10 and 20% of the time. Some of these were downloaded videos (CNET), others recordings from cable.
univers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #57
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by univers View Post
Since the 20.3.8 update 2 days ago, I've been having a problem when I'm viewing a recording, reach the end and select 'Delete'. (Not sure if it would happen if I chose to keep the recording.)

The remote still functions and I can blindly select another recording to play, which then restores the display.

This has happened probably 5 or 6 times in 2 days, so somewhere between 10 and 20% of the time. Some of these were downloaded videos (CNET), others recordings from cable.
I've seen this too. You can also go to live TV and then back to TiVo Central to bring the menus back.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #58
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by univers View Post

I've seen this as well. PITA, but at least you can recover from it.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 AM   #59
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

HTML5 Netflix UI available now

Quote:
Ok, I believe if you already have 20.3.8 installed on your Premiere, and you connect to the TiVo Service a couple of times, then the next time you launch Netflix you will get the new experience.

If you don't have 20.3.8 yet, you can still sign up at tivo.com/priority, but you might not get the update until January.

--Margret
Yes, the new HTML5 Netflix UI just launched on my Premieres this morning.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #60
jgametest

That will explain the long update being pulled right now holding at 89%. Sweet here comes a delayed Christmas present. More apps gifts to come. "Trying to peak" I wonder if HuluPlus has a new one coming anytime soon, although they did just tweak that product a few days ago to include the network identification bug in the bottom right. But switching to HTML5 would improve time out issues with "Network busy CANCEL or TRY AGAIN" duh try again. no try again.. GRRR TRY AGAIN!