TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
RickStrobel
Registered User
 
RickStrobel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 9,334
Stupd Roamio dumps partial recording and starts over!

Stupid new Roamio. Not a good start...

I'm watching Green Bay vs Dallas today, casually, in the buffer. Around 7:45 or so it's getting interesting. I begin recording what I'm watching. Wife has a show at 8:00 she wants to see. At about 8:01 I go and find the show she wants and record it. When I come back to my football game the recording has nothing!

It's basically the post-game show. I missed the last two minutes of the game. The last 10 minutes of game time was being recorded. I was watching it. But somehow when I started recording the other show it dumped my game and started it again Very frustrated
RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 14,340
If I watch anything I always hit record. I've been doing that for almost twelve years and it has avoided issues like that. IF I always record it then I don't have to worry about walking away and not coming back for a while, hitting a button by mistake that would change the tuner and clear the buffer or a number of other things. The TiVo will eventually delete the content or I can delete it myself if I want to. But by recording anything you might watch avoids a bunch of possible issues.
__________________
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini x4
Roamio Basic OTA
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
BobCamp1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 999
That's a bug. Older Tivos will grab what's already in the buffer and throw it into the recording. They always did it without fail before.
BobCamp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
KevinG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ.
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCamp1 View Post
That's a bug. Older Tivos will grab what's already in the buffer and throw it into the recording. They always did it without fail before.
I've seen just the opposite (it is still working the way it always did).

Yesterday, I realized that I hadn't remembered to set a recording for the 1:00 football game at 1:20. I was closest to my Mini, so I went there, went to the guide, and found the game, and hit record. No big deal. I figured I had missed the first 20 minutes and that was all.

Later, when I went to watch the game, I was confused how I had actually caught the entire show. I can only assume that one of the 6 tuners on the Roamio was already randomly on the proper channel, and it simply "did the right thing."
KevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
RickStrobel
Registered User
 
RickStrobel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 9,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
If I watch anything I always hit record. I've been doing that for almost twelve years and it has avoided issues like that. IF I always record it then I don't have to worry about walking away and not coming back for a while, hitting a button by mistake that would change the tuner and clear the buffer or a number of other things. The TiVo will eventually delete the content or I can delete it myself if I want to. But by recording anything you might watch avoids a bunch of possible issues.
But I did record it! That's the whole point. I had been watching it live. I decided to record it and had been watching it while recording, for another 15 minutes or so. It's when I went to add my wife's show and came back that it screwed up.
RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 14,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStrobel View Post
But I did record it! That's the whole point. I had been watching it live. I decided to record it and had been watching it while recording, for another 15 minutes or so. It's when I went to add my wife's show and came back that it screwed up.
Then that is pretty weird behavior for the TiVo. Hopefully it isn't something that gets repeated.
__________________
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini x4
Roamio Basic OTA
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |