TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #781
jgametest

Thanks Margret

I'm assuming you are working overtime as we all have picked up on. Both my tuners are in use, so will force a connection again and see if I get it this time around. Looking forward to the changes coming.
jgametest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #782
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Took 20 minutes to reboot/install. I don't see any differences yet. Netflix looks the same. Guess we will have to wait till next week.
BlackBetty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #783
morac
Cat God

I signed up on the priority list within a few hours of it going live. I just forced a connection and didn't get the software (unless the software is only a few MB). I double checked on the priority page and it said I already signed up.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #784
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I signed up on the priority list within a few hours of it going live. I just forced a connection and didn't get the software (unless the software is only a few MB). I double checked on the priority page and it said I already signed up.
Sorry. Try now.
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #785
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Sorry. Try now.
Nope, still nothing.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #786
MeInDallas

I think I got thrown in the black hole again
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #787
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
I think I got thrown in the black hole again
Sorry. Please email me your TSN. margret@tivo.com
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #788
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Sorry. Try now.
Same thing here. No update...
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #789
morac
Cat God

Still nothing this morning. Looks like I'm in the black hole as well.

Last time I signed up after a few days and got it day 1. This time I signed up day 1 and didn't get it.
I guess the lesson to learn is don't sign up for the priority list for the first few days it goes live.

Last edited by morac : 12-13-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #790
rjrustia

I entered my TSN in the priority list last night, and got the update. It's installing now.
Any idea when we will get a list of what it contains?
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #791
shamilian

Another priority page Fail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
me too.

Another priority page Fail ?

I signed up my six boxes the first day.

The page said I would be in the first batch.

I just checked and the page tells me that I am already on the list.

Quote:
TiVo Priority Update Request
Your box has already been submitted for the software update (20.3.8).
And nothing.....

Last edited by shamilian : 12-13-2013 at 07:49 AM.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #792
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

I emailed my TSNs in, since I jumped on the Priority Page signup, and nothing was updating. The last of all the Premieres I'm shipping out now have it.

Those were some of the longest "this might take a few minutes", "preparing the update", and "installing an update" screens I've seen in years...

At least I ship with new drives, and had a consistent wait for them to update. They did it in two stages of downloading and updating, both very long wait for each one (the download, the update, the download, the update).

If I didn't know any better, I'd have considered a drive was bad, but they all took a long time. Once all done, everything ran nice and fast (menu navigation and such).

No complaints here. I swapped some cable cards and Tuning Adapters around, and it took less than 20 minutes to get all my channels.

I hope the new owners like them...

Thanks, TiVoMargret (and all your clones, doing so much work)!

Last edited by nooneuknow : 12-13-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added a few lines
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #793
JoeKustra
Cable only

I lost some of my gold stars. Detention again?
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #794
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I lost some of my gold stars. Detention again?
You noticed that too, huh?

That must be part of the items that will be switched on (updated) at a later time.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #795
b_scott
TiVo Fan

I think I got it? My quick clear code is off, usually indicating an update. But Netflix looks exactly the same.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #796
HerronScott

Quote:
I will post release notes when I have a chance…dinner time now…

--Margret
Hah, see she is human and even eats dinner.

Even though I don't have a Premiere or Roamio (2 S3 OLEDs still), I appreciate having a TiVo representative around that's passionate about the company and product and posting information and updates for those of us here on the forum that feel the same way.

Thank you!

Scott
  4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #797
rjrustia

I just observed a strange behavior with 20.3 8. I record all NFL Football games, with 1 hour padding. In the past, the TiVo would allocate 2 tuners for the 1:00 games, and a 3rd tuner for the 4:25 game. 3 tuners would record till 5:00, then just the late game. Today, only 2 tuners were allocated and recording from 4:25 till 5:00 and 1 tuner from 5:00 on. My Shows only showed the two 1:00 games. At 5:25, still 1 tuner allocated, but My Shows now had all three games, with the 4:25 game now 1 hour in progress. FOX had the 1:00 and 4:25 game. It seems that 20.3.8 figured out it didn't need to allocate another tuner to record the same channel.

The up side is smarter tuner allocation will give the user more recording options. The down side is if you want to watch the 2nd game (or show) you have to wait until the first one finishes before it will show up in My Shows (you can still watch it live). Also, History in the HDUI does not show any of the games, using option show (all). Recording History in the SDUI doesn't show them either. I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing. Tuners get smarter, and logging gets dumber.

I sure wish Margret would post those release notes.
rjrustia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #798
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrustia View Post
She already did.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=512353
Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #799
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I just observed a strange behavior with 20.3 8. I record all NFL Football games, with 1 hour padding. In the past, the TiVo would allocate 2 tuners for the 1:00 games, and a 3rd tuner for the 4:25 game. 3 tuners would record till 5:00, then just the late game. Today, only 2 tuners were allocated and recording from 4:25 till 5:00 and 1 tuner from 5:00 on. My Shows only showed the two 1:00 games. At 5:25, still 1 tuner allocated, but My Shows now had all three games, with the 4:25 game now 1 hour in progress. FOX had the 1:00 and 4:25 game. It seems that 20.3.8 figured out it didn't need to allocate another tuner to record the same channel.

The up side is smarter tuner allocation will give the user more recording options. The down side is if you want to watch the 2nd game (or show) you have to wait until the first one finishes before it will show up in My Shows (you can still watch it live). Also, History in the HDUI does not show any of the games, using option show (all). Recording History in the SDUI doesn't show them either. I will add that they are recorded from a Wishlist, not individual Season Passes. This is very confusing. Tuners get smarter, and logging gets dumber.

You really don't have to post the same thing in two threads...

XL4
Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #800
dave13077

Quote:

The same thing happened to me. I couldn't start watching the second game until the first stopped recording. Since I pad NFL games by 1 1/2 hours (in case of overtime) I had to wait an hour and a half before I could start the second game. Also there was about an hour in the middle of the game that I could not watch. Even though it looked like that hour was there on the progress bar (Green bar) it would just freeze and when I tried to fast forward it would just jump about an hour ahead. Couldn't rewind as the same thing would happen. Do not know if this was because of the new "using one tuner" deal.
dave13077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #801
NoVa

Quote:

Thanks. I didn't know about this behavior from reading anywhere else except this thread.
Will have to look into it.
NoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #802
univers

20.3.7 Fall update - MOCA networking issue

Since the fall update I've seen an issue with network information displayed on my Premiere XL4.

The Premiere is connected directly to coax via a splitter and also to Ethernet, and configured for MOCA+Ethernet. I have a Mini connected via coax and MOCA.

On the Mini end, everything looks normal. Connectivity works as expected, I can view recordings on the Premiere, as well as live TV. In Settings/Network/Status the MOCA details show what you'd expect - 2 nodes, channel used, uptime, packets, errors, Tx/Rx speed, etc.

However, on the Premiere, where I saw all the same MOCA information before the update, since then there is no MOCA information displayed - status says 'Down', 0 nodes, everything displays all zeroes.

I've restarted both devices, restarted the Premiere with the Mini disconnected (to force the Premiere into the coordinator role), redone MOCA setup on the Premiere, and though the MOCA connection functions properly, the Premiere still insists it's not, while the Mini is perfectly happy.

The 20.3.8 update didn't make any difference.

Last edited by univers : 12-16-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
univers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #803
weaver

I set up a recording on the same channel and overlapping an existing Season Pass to see if only one tuner would be used. The number of tuners did not increase when the new recording was scheduled, so I assumed only one tuner was used. However, the new recording failed to record due to a "power failure." There was no power failure, and recordings at that time on two different channels (of course including the channel the new recording was supposed to be on) played without error. An overlapping recording set up for later recorded normally, but I do not know if only one tuner was used.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #804
jjon2121

Grid Guide jumps back to current date/time

This is the bug where any action other than browsing in the grid guide will throw you back to the current date/time. Extremely irritating if you are a few days in the future. I hope this was just a programming error. If not, what idiot decided to change this function after a decade. I have been using Tivo since my Tivo1.

And before any of you "wise ones" say anything, I prefer to use the Grid guide over the Tivo Guide. The time slots are much larger and a lot easier for me to see. Much easier to browse in movie filter mode.

Anyone know when this will be fixed? I read on some post that a fix was due out mid-December.
jjon2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #805
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjon2121 View Post
This is the bug where any action other than browsing in the grid guide will throw you back to the current date/time. Extremely irritating if you are a few days in the future. I hope this was just a programming error. If not, what idiot decided to change this function after a decade. I have been using Tivo since my Tivo1.

And before any of you "wise ones" say anything, I prefer to use the Grid guide over the Tivo Guide. The time slots are much larger and a lot easier for me to see. Much easier to browse in movie filter mode.

Anyone know when this will be fixed? I read on some post that a fix was due out mid-December.
I assume you're still on 20.3.7 software. This has been fixed in 20.3.8 which has been rolled out to some users. The remaining Premiere owners still on 20.3.7 will have to wait until January for the full roll-out based on info from TivoMargret.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #806
jjon2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I assume you're still on 20.3.7 software. This has been fixed in 20.3.8 which has been rolled out to some users. The remaining Premiere owners still on 20.3.7 will have to wait until January for the full roll-out based on info from TivoMargret.
Thanks. I await with bated breath.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #807
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I wonder if they (TiVo) noticed the same issue exists when doing a permanent delete of a program when the folder has multiple pages. I'll wait until next year to find out.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #808
Aviedo

Arrow Grid Guide not working properly since update.

If I try to choose a future day to record a show it will not change it just returns to the current day and if I move ahead in time on the current day as soon as I select a show to record it jumps back to the current time again.

I now am forced to change to the TiVo guide every time I want to choose a future day to search for and record shows and then back to the Grid style that we prefer for daily use.

It seems that no consideration at all was given to the Grid Guide in the fall update.
Aviedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #809
jjon2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviedo View Post
If I try to choose a future day to record a show it will not change it just returns to the current day and if I move ahead in time on the current day as soon as I select a show to record it jumps back to the current time again.

I now am forced to change to the TiVo guide every time I want to choose a future day to search for and record shows and then back to the Grid style that we prefer for daily use.

It seems that no consideration at all was given to the Grid Guide in the fall update.
As tatergator1 above stated, 20.3.8 fixed that problem. I went to http://tivo.com/priority and got on the list after my post above. I got the update a few days later (4 days max).
Old 12-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #810
allenfr

Tivo update

I got both of my Premiere updated fine.
Allenfr
allenfr is offline   Reply With Quote