Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #211
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Agreed. Too many innocents are killed directly and indirectly caused by SAMCRO.
I'm hoping that's deliberate, and that they're working towards something. Because it is ironic that when the brutal, eager criminal was in charge, Charming was a safe place (if you weren't actually in the gang), but now that the peacenik who wants to get out of crime is the boss, innocents and law enforcement are dying left and right.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #212
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'm hoping that's deliberate, and that they're working towards something. Because it is ironic that when the brutal, eager criminal was in charge, Charming was a safe place (if you weren't actually in the gang), but now that the peacenik who wants to get out of crime is the boss, innocents and law enforcement are dying left and right.
Yeah, Sutter has said in interviews that a big part of Jax's arc is the irony of Jax hating Clay yet basically becoming him - the man he despise most, etc. We've see Jax go through just about every iteration of someone in his position - he spent season two preparing to leave then found out about Gemma's rape so he stayed to take out Zobell; season four he was going to leave with his family but then he felt obligated to the club to take over once the Clay/Piney thing got out; season five he accepted his place as President instead of constantly wanting to leave; and then watching Opie's murder just sent him off the rails, he got way darker after that.

I thought the school shooting was gonna be the catalyst that brought him back down to earth, and kind of started him on a "path to redemption", but it didn't seem to really do anything to him emotionally. It pushed him to get out of guns (which set off pretty much every death throughout the season), but he did it to get rid of the heat, not because he felt the weight of the kids' deaths (which is what I thought Sutter was going for since he said the shooting was gonna change Jax).

I'm really curious to see what Season Seven (final season?) Jax looks like. He's obviously not gonna turn himself in but at this point I feel like Patterson has to have something to be able to arrest him for. He's been playing her all season. I'm also wondering what the cops will be able to piece together from that crime scene, lol. You have one body that was beaten, drowned, and stabbed in the head with a fork and another body that was shot three times from behind. They clearly didn't kill each other. Side Note, I don't know why but Roosevelt getting shot made me jump - didn't see it coming.

This is still one of my favorite shows of all time but I think ending next season would be the right move, especially after the way this played out - it does a good job of setting up a final run of episodes. If Breaking Bad and Dexter taught us anything it's that ending a show while it's still good is the right way to do it, and ending a show three seasons too late is the wrong way.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #213
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
Yeah, Sutter has said in interviews that a big part of Jax's arc is the irony of Jax hating Clay yet basically becoming him - the man he despise most, etc.
And in fact, he's in some ways worse than Clay ever was...Clay at least was good at keeping whatever blowback from his actions focused on the club and not the community. But with Jax, people are dropping all over the place, some of whom have no connection with his activities.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #214
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
I thought the school shooting was gonna be the catalyst that brought him back down to earth, and kind of started him on a "path to redemption", but it didn't seem to really do anything to him emotionally. It pushed him to get out of guns (which set off pretty much every death throughout the season), but he did it to get rid of the heat, not because he felt the weight of the kids' deaths (which is what I thought Sutter was going for since he said the shooting was gonna change Jax).
Actually getting out of guns has been his end game for pretty much the entire run, not just this season.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #215
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas View Post
But if she knew Jax was surrendering she'd know the deal that he cut.
IIRC she was told Jax was surrenderign at 6. People surrender all the time, she had no knowledge that Jax cut the deal, not Tara.
Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #216
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
IIRC she was told Jax was surrenderign at 6. People surrender all the time, she had no knowledge that Jax cut the deal, not Tara.
I don't remember that, but I have a terrible memory. But let's assume that's the case. What reason, other than trying to protect Tara, would cause Jax to do that? That's especially the case when Tara shows up.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #217
midas
I heard that

But while we all rant about lazy writing and stupid characters, I just watched the final 2 episodes from 1967 of The Fugitive. At the time, the final episode was the highest rated television series episode of all time.

It was AWFUL. Nothing made sense. Every good guy/bad guy cliche was used. It was bad television at it's worst. And at the time, it was the greatest show ever.

We've truly become spoiled when we complain about shows like SOA.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #218
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
I
I'm really curious to see what Season Seven (final season?) Jax looks like.
Yes, it's the final season.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #219
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas View Post
We've truly become spoiled when we complain about shows like SOA.
Or just about any show, really. We (TV viewers) used to put up with a LOT more as recently as ten years ago. I think people get too nitpicky here. But it's TCF.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #220
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

I covered my eyes with the fork scene. I was surprised Juice didn't off himself and make all signs point to him as Tara's killer. Motive for killing her? He thought she was a rat, and it's his way of making amends with Jax.

But Kurt, Jax+Juice < Michael+Fredo. Coppola did it better.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #221
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I just watched the entire 6 seasons in 16 days and I have not been following any of the episode discussions over the years. So forgive me if the topic has come up before.
What is up with Gemma's bird? It started out as a moluccan cockatoo, but in season 4 (I think) Unser is feeding it and while it's in the same huge cage, it's just a little cockatiel (just the one appearance) and then later s5 or s6, the bird becomes two birds and they are crows (two appearances in separate eps).
Old 12-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #222
Howie
Out of Pocket

The earlier birds were killed in flyby cootings.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #223
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

My "SOA" wishlist picked up an episode of "The Writers Room" on Sundance Channel, this episode had Kurt Sutter, 2 writers and Katy Sagal. Don't know if it's been shown before but it was shot after this seasons finale. ( The was no talk of next season, so no spoilers)

Katy looked "off" don't know if it was makeup, or she had something done to her face.

It's re-airing on Saturday 5/17 at 12:15p Central.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #224
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thanks for posting. I think I did see this one after the end of last season, but I'm going to watch again.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #225
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Thanks for posting. I think I did see this one after the end of last season, but I'm going to watch again.
This is new. It's a show that each week features writers from a specific series. This week's episode is on SoA.

The participants may have done something similar earlier, but this is new.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #226
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
This is new. It's a show that each week features writers from a specific series. This week's episode is on SoA.

The participants may have done something similar earlier, but this is new.
I stand corrected. I had seen the Dexter and Breaking Bad episodes last season, and I think what I was thinking of re: SoA was the post finale (15 min?) SutterInk that aired on FX.

Even more reason to thank TIVO_GUY_HERE for posting!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #227
cheesesteak
Meh.

Just noticed that this thread is titled "Remainder of Series Thread". I can see individual full season threads but a full series thread? Or was it just a typo?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:39 PM   #228
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Just noticed that this thread is titled "Remainder of Series Thread". I can see individual full season threads but a full series thread? Or was it just a typo?
I think Drew was trying to be British when he started the thread. We call every season 'Series'!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #229
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
It's because Season 7 will be its last.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #230
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
It's because Season 7 will be its last.

Greg
It's still unusual (for us, anyway) for a thread to cover multiple seasons...
Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #231
hummingbird_206

I'm a big supporter of season threads, but seems to me that there has always been enough interest in SoA to have weekly threads. /Shrug/ guess we'll see how it goes next season. If folks start weekly threads, then I would expect most of us to use those. If not, then a season thread can be used.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #232
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

SOA is showing up in my "ToDo" list yes!!!! also shows that it's 2 1/2 hours.

I think I read that there was going to be an after show?? maybe that's in the 2 1/2 hours.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #233
Jim_TV

I'm looking forward to this. The season premiere shows up as 2½ hours for me too.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #234
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Same here with DIRECTV, if 2 ½ hours wow!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #235
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Looks like 1hr 45 minutes. Then 45 minutes of Live After Show.

Another Live after show will be shown after series finale.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #236
Jim_TV

Previously those SOA after shows- similar to Talking Dead after show- were online.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #237
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

All summer, barbecue forks have looked a little different to me.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #238
Howie
Out of Pocket

I always forget what happened the previous season on these shows. What happened with the BBQ fork?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #239
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
I always forget what happened the previous season on these shows. What happened with the BBQ fork?
Gemma "introduced" it to Tara.

With extreme prejudice.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #240
Howie
Out of Pocket

Oh yeah, it's coming back now. Thanks, Rob.