TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
AdamNJ

Plus/Pro using wifi to create moca network?

Can you have a TiVo roamio plus or pro (which has the ability to create a moca network with internal hardware) and have it connected to your network via wifi only, but create a moca network for other devices like a mini to use?

I originally expected the answer was yes and told others on the forum the answer was yes; however, I think that some people said it was not possible. I looked on the TiVo website and it seemed to indicate that ethernet was necessary to create moca. However, I don't see why using Wi-Fi would not work to create a moca network as the Wi-Fi would only be used for Internet connections and the moca/coax wire itself would be used to transfer live TV / recordings between TiVos.

Has anyone used the built in wireless to create a moca network for other devices?

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
s10023

doesnt seem to be possible. i have a roamio hooked up to my wifi. when i try to enable the moca to connect a mini to it, i get an error telling me that the roamio cant be using wifi.

i havent tried this but you can probably use a wifi->ethernet adapter to make it work.
s10023 is offline   Reply With Quote