TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

The Vampire Diaries Season 5

I am really enjoying this season. I was about ready to ditch the SP, but I'm glad now that I didn't. Starting this thread at Ep 6 "Handle with Care" since there aren't any weekly threads so far this season.

-Katherine as a human is hilarious. Not being able to compel anyone just has to be driving her bats. Though I am curious why she doesn't have someone turn her again? Does taking the cure mean she can never be a vampire again? But seems like there is some kind of bad thing happening for her after Silas took the cure. Kinda felt sorry for her when she didn't get to enjoy her huge breakfast!

-Caroline is still awesome. It was really fun to watch her and Katherine work together against Dr Maxfield. Hopefully she will move on now that Tyler seems to be out of the picture.

-Bonnie is dead, yay! I love the actress but just hate that character. Yeah, I know, they'll bring her back eventually, but until then she and Jeremy haven't been nearly as annoying.

-Stefan with amnesia is a much better character than he has ever been. He's not mooning over Elena, so that's great! And Silas is just so evil! Killed the mayor (Bonnie's Dad) without blinking an eye, whoa!

-Elena and Damon together, I'm not sure if I like this or not. Better than Elena and Stefan, that's for sure, but they just aren't that hot as a couple like they were before they got together. Wonder if the chemistry is off since the actors broke up IRL?

-And I love Tessa. She's got the woman scorned thing going in overdrive. Go Tessa! I loved when she and Stefan were talking about cooking a duck and Tessa said she should try to lure a duck in to the cabin. "I can lure one inside. I got Elena in, how much smarter can a duck be?" rotflmao!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

Why didn't Katherine die for reals when Klaus drained her?

Too many dopplegangers on this show. I'm confused.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!

Last edited by cheesesteak : 11-10-2013 at 11:03 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
hummingbird_206

I don't think we know why yet that Katherine didn't die when Silas drained her. Everyone, even she, seemed to think she would die. I guess now she's aging since her hair is turning grey and her teeth falling out, but we have yet to find out more about it.

I think the dopplegangers are fun! YMMV!! The actor playing Stefan has always annoyed me as Stefan, but I'm really enjoying him as Silas, and even as Stefan with amnesia. And I think Nina is great as Elena and Katherine and expect she's going to be even better as Silas's crazy love. Are there any others that I'm missing? I expect Silas and Crazy Doppleganger to be gone soon. I hope they don't kill off Katherine because I like her so much more than Elena, and I'm pretty sure they won't kill of Elena...though you never know.

Book spoiler
Spoiler:
The books are different than the series (Jeremy doesn't exist in the books.) The author killed off Elena in the books. I don't see the show doing that.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
LaurenLMHC

Thank you for starting this thread. I actually did start one a week or two ago asking if anyone was still watching. I was amazed at the lack of weekly threads for this show! Are ratings down for this season? I'm still enjoying it a lot and am so impressed with Nina's acting
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
Thank you for starting this thread. I actually did start one a week or two ago asking if anyone was still watching. I was amazed at the lack of weekly threads for this show! Are ratings down for this season? I'm still enjoying it a lot and am so impressed with Nina's acting
I'm not sure about the ratings, but interest around here really seemed to drop off last season. I almost gave up on the show, but I'm glad I stuck around cause I'm really enjoying the show again.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Well I did it, I'm caught up on this one now too.
So many darn dopplegangers. It's getting a bit ridiculous. I cannot even imagine Nina's filming schedules at this point. I thought when Silas drained Katherine she died and was a vamp again but nope. So I have no idea how that happened. Certainly didn't seem as if he took "every last drop" of her blood though.

Someone explain to me why Bonnie is still on my screen? I was really hoping we would be rid of her but nope ghost!bonnie every week, yay.

Damon is awesome as always. He and Elena have slightly more chemistry than she does with Stefan but I'm pretty much over them all, relationship wise. And now it seems as if the show is telling us that end game is always going to be Elena and Stefan (which I have said I thought the entire time) so good news! We get to watch her go back and forth more. Yay.

I sound like I'm not enjoying the show but really those are my only complaints. Curious about the doctor/professor dude making his own vamps. And haha of course the college has a costume ball the first week of school. Oh this show.

Loving badass Caroline and hope she just moves on from Tyler since they insist upon not allowing them to be together and happy for more than 2.5 seconds. Sigh. I knew it wasn't going to last but I really liked them together. Maybe he's moved over to the Originals for good now.

Amnesia Stefan was awesome. So sad that seems to be gone now with the ending of the last episode. I have to admit though, Silas is pretty cool with Paul playing him. I haven't liked the character until now and in the finale last season I think I literally groaned. That entire thing is why it's taken me so long to catch up but looky here, it's my favorite part of the show right now.

Okay I think that's all I have.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
hummingbird_206

I agree, I was so bummed at the end of last season with Silas that I almost didn't watch this season. But I am so glad I changed my mind. Silas is great! I always thought I hated the actor, but him playing Silas really drives home the fact that I hate Stefan! Though I did like amnesia Stefan, too. Damn Tessa for giving Stefan back his memory.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
hummingbird_206

Wow, a lot happened.
-Bonnie is alive (Boo) and is now the anchor. Not fun to be the anchor, but I think we now know why Silas' honey went crazy (why can't I remember her name? I just think of her as crazy doppleganger.)
-We know Katherine is aging quickly
-Silas died and is on the other side
-Tessa died before doing a spell to save Katherine
-Tessa is on the other side with Silas
-Crazy doppleganger is not on the other side with Tessa and Silas?

So are we (and Jeremy and Bonnie) going to see Tessa and Silas on the other side like Jer saw Bonnie?
Where the hell is Matt? I kinda miss him.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Wow, a lot happened.
-Bonnie is alive (Boo) and is now the anchor. Not fun to be the anchor, but I think we now know why Silas' honey went crazy (why can't I remember her name? I just think of her as crazy doppleganger.)
-We know Katherine is aging quickly
-Silas died and is on the other side
-Tessa died before doing a spell to save Katherine
-Tessa is on the other side with Silas
-Crazy doppleganger is not on the other side with Tessa and Silas?

So are we (and Jeremy and Bonnie) going to see Tessa and Silas on the other side like Jer saw Bonnie?
Where the hell is Matt? I kinda miss him.
UGH I was just saying how great Silas was! I hope if we have to see Jere and Bonnie slobbering all over each other again that at least we get Bonnie seeing Silas and him trying to fix this so he doesn't have to stay over there with Tessa! Talk about a woman scorned. Jeeeesh.

Mora? Was that the crazypants doppleganger (as Damon kept calling her)? Yeah she just died, no in the middle.

Matt still has that traveler dude hanging around him in. I am curious what the knife is about.

And I honestly think Katherine told her daughter to bugger off so she didn't have to watch her die.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
hummingbird_206

They just let the Matt/traveler storyline drop. I'd forgotten about the traveler. Hopefully we'll see more of that...and less of Bonnie.

I think you're right about why Katherine is pushing Nadia away. Hopefully Dr Maxfield will be able to figure out how to save her. And let's see more of Caroline and Katherine together. Their interactions are fun!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

I hope when Elena eventually dumps Damon that he jumps to the Originals show.

I would definitely watch a Katherine and Caroline spinoff show. Add Rebekah to the mix and it would be a comedy gold bitch-fest.

I'll spoilerize a thought about this week's The Originals episode:
Spoiler:
I've never given two craps about Tyler. He evolved from being an a-hole to a good guy but what he did to Hailey was terrible. Klaus should have killed him right there. I'm assuming he's still mainly a VD character and not strictly an Originals character.

Bon-Bon just doesn't seem to ever learn that magic has consequences.

Last edited by cheesesteak : 11-17-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #12
LaurenLMHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I would definitely watch a Katherine and Caroline spinoff show. Add Rebekah to the mix and it would be a comedy gold bitch-fest.
That would be awesome!!

I really liked how emotional they made Damon when he was trying to save Imara/Crazypants. I have a soft spot for him.

Bonnie as the anchor?? How did she ever think that was a good idea? And on the grand scheme of things, I'd think ALL the supernatural beings, which is everyone except Matt, would be much better off if there was no "other side." So now they'll all be stuck in purgatory eventually for eternity. Sorry, I know it's TV, but it's fun to analyze this stuff
Old 12-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
LaurenLMHC

Ugh!!! This whole Damon/Elena thing is ridiculous already. He's just going to leave her now?? And I can't believe they didn't kill the evil doctor and get rid of that concoction he made. It was nice to see Matt
Old 12-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
hummingbird_206

I've got to get caught up.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Agatha Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
Ugh!!! This whole Damon/Elena thing is ridiculous already. He's just going to leave her now?? And I can't believe they didn't kill the evil doctor and get rid of that concoction he made. It was nice to see Matt
No kidding. She grabs her dad's journal, but not the drug. Silly. Do you think they're going to have her with a little bit of the drug in her system?

Also, I don't recall, has Katherine tried to take Elena's blood? It would make sense that that would be the thing that cures her.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #16
cheesesteak
Meh.

Not stomping the evil doctor's head into smithereens while he was unconscious on the floor was one of the dumbest Vampire Diaries incidents ever.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

Elena Gilbert has to be the dumbest woman on tv.

Spoiler:
She "wakes up" during the ritual to have Katherine take over her body, stabs the daughter but only conks the traveler/witch lady upside the head and then runs away. I'm looking at the tv and wondering why she didn't kill the person performing the spell.

I don't even like Tyler but good on him for telling Caroline to get the bleep out of his house. She banged the guy who killed his mom. How low can you go?

Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
hummingbird_206

Katherine is as smart as Elena is dumb. I think it's pretty entertaining.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
Agatha Mystery

I hope that Elena isn't gone forever.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
LaurenLMHC

Angry

Quote:
Elena Gilbert has to be the dumbest woman on tv.

Spoiler:
She "wakes up" during the ritual to have Katherine take over her body, stabs the daughter but only conks the traveler/witch lady upside the head and then runs away. I'm looking at the tv and wondering why she didn't kill the person performing the spell.

I don't even like Tyler but good on him for telling Caroline to get the bleep out of his house. She banged the guy who killed his mom. How low can you go?
OMG, I just finished watching and was so shocked that I had to see what other people had to say! This pisses me off, because the writers could've at least made it BELIEVABLE. It's a really interesting twist, but Elena can't be that dumb!! Ugh!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #21
hummingbird_206

I love Katherine. She is just so selfish and evil and funny! I loved that she called Nadia to see if she really had to save Jeremy. I would have been ok with Jeremy being dead again. It really annoys me that Bonnie brought him back instead of Rick.

I'm hoping that they somehow split Elena's body so that she becomes human again, and Katherine goes back to being a vampire. Elena is a horrible vampire. I don't really want to see either character gone for good.

At least Nadia isn't an idiot. She caught on to Matt and Tyler pretty fast.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #22
cheesesteak
Meh.

I think it's funny how on this show and The Originals, whenever a vampire gets on somebody's nerves, they just snap their neck. A couple of minutes go by and things go back to normal. It's like putting a kid on time out.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #23
LaurenLMHC

I don't understand why Matt didn't just tell Tyler. Surely a hybrid > plain old vampire....he could take Nadia out!!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
I love Tyler. And I did love Caroline and Tyler. And I did love Caroline. Now I'm with Tyler. I always thought her attraction to Klaus was hokey but this.... this was the minute they assassinated Caroline's character and I'm as done with her as Tyler. At least for the moment. Girl has some serious making up to do because I cannot think of anything she could have done that was worse.

Katherine putting the passcode on Elena's phone was genius.
Elena not killing them both right there on the spot and just running scared was so stupid but so Elena. As someone else said she's as dumb as Kat is clever.

I'm still an episode behind on this. I didn't even realize it until I went to watch that I had 2 sitting on my DVR. I think SPN and Originals went on hiatus at different times than TVD or I just really got confused.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #25
hummingbird_206

Uh oh, poor Nadia.

Didn't take too long for Stefan to figure out that Katherine is Elena. I still hope there is some way to separate them that keeps Katherine around. I like her so much more than Elena!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #26
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Uh oh, poor Nadia.
Does she need Klaus' blood to heal? God, I hope there's no Klaus crossover.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #27
Agatha Mystery

So is Augustine now defunct? Who is going to be the big bad now? They are obviously going to have to save Elena and Damon by some other scientific or witchy means. We knew that Katherine wasn't going to go away so easily. Did she head out to hell? Is she moving into Nadia's body? I can see that happening. It seemed awfully convenient.

And Bonnie is going to have her hands full with this witch who wants Jeremy. That is going to be a future problem witch I'm sure some black magic is going to come into play at some point.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #28
Agatha Mystery

Found an article about Katherine and where she went. There is a vague spoiler in it, so if you don't want to know where she went and what it means, don't go there.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #29
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
And Bonnie is going to have her hands full with this witch who wants Jeremy. That is going to be a future problem witch I'm sure some black magic is going to come into play at some point.
I swear, between this show and The Originals, somebody needs to kill all the witches. They're nothing but trouble.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #30
hummingbird_206

Just finished the ep where Nadia dies, Katherine is sucked in to somewhere not "the other side", and Elena is back but has been poisoned. It was actually one of the bests eps of TVD in a long time.

I'm really bummed that Katherine is gone, at least, she appears to be gone. Guess I wouldn't be surprised to see her back. I kinda hope she returns, she is my favorite character.

And it looks like Nadia is gone. Her apology to Matt was very sweet.

So I guess the next bit is going to be figuring out how to cure Elena and Damon?

Oh, and I loved Caroline telling Tyler to either get over it or get out of her life. Good for her! I hope Tyler goes away. Do not like him.