TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland - "Home" - 12/12/2013

So the winter finale finally brings Cyrus and Alice back together, which is interesting and I'm ready for that thread to be over anyways. But it was so anti-climactic.

How this show managed to get Whoopie Goldberg to voice the White Rabbit's wife is unbelievable. Was that really her?

The knave's wish was so terrible. "I wish to end Alice's suffering" sounds like he's wishing she would just die. But strangely after that wish she does not die and Cyrus is no longer the genie. The knave becoming genie should make things a little more interesting. After all the building up of the wishes the whole season, you'd think they could come up with better wording of that wish to make it less far fetched.

The Red Queen just suddenly changed characters as well. It really didn't seem like there was any real motivation here, just all of a sudden she wanted to be Anastasia again?

All that aside, I am entertained by the show though and I'll keep watching. It's just that it seems like there's no real character development. Except maybe Jafar. Instead of a gradual switch or slow reveal of situations that cause a change, it just randomly happens.

And speaking of Jafar, since we haven't had a thread on this show in awhile, I find it strange that the old man in the cage is really the sultan and it turns out from the flashbacks that he's also unlikable.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
tiassa
Me --Avatar

That was definitely Whoopi Goldberg, she was credited up front, remember they got Lithgow to voice the White Rabbit and I suspect that the voice over work is pretty easy on the schedule.

Is there a "Law of Conservation of Genies"?

The Red Queen's "change of character" wasn't handled very well, but in retrospect I think they were going with "power without love is hollow" so she tried to find her lost love.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I did like the twist that the Red Queen had stored the fake bottle in the palace under lock and key, which Jafar got from the RQ's lackies but she had the real one stored unlocked in her old carriage.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
The knave's wish was so terrible. "I wish to end Alice's suffering" sounds like he's wishing she would just die.
While watching, I actually said outloud "dude! Cyrus just told you to be careful what you wish for, and that's your wish? really?" There's just so much that could have and should have gone wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa
Is there a "Law of Conservation of Genies"?
Well there appears to be only three bottles, and each bottle gets one genie, so I'd say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancndude
The Red Queen just suddenly changed characters as well.
I did not care for this. I liked her better the way she was before. She did all of this for the knave? really? Wasn't there a much easier path? I mean, she did allow him to be turned to a statue at one point by Jafar.

It takes our heroes this long to remember that the white rabbit has a family? and that maybe he's betraying them because his family has been kidnapped?

Who the heck was feeding those rabbits, anyway?

and .... worst of all ... why are there only 2 rabbit children? should there be like 50?

This feels like another one of those shows where there is no plan, and they're just making it up as they go.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote