TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
faxman

Remote Control programming

How can I use my Tivo remote to change my TV's input selection? All I can see how to do is to VIEW the input table on my Olevia TV, but not change the selection. I know I can change it on my Panasonic TV by pressing the INPUT button multiple times. Is there any trick I can play for my Olevia TV?
faxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Edmund
Remote Czar

If the original oem remote can't use a single key to go from input to input, then there is nothing the TiVo remote can do to change this.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
faxman

What if I buy a Tivo learning remote?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Edmund
Remote Czar

You can only teach to like 7 keys, power, input, ch up & down, volume up & down, and mute. How many more tv commands are needed to navigate the on-screen menu?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
faxman

3 more: inputup, inputdown, and select. Doesn't sound like a new Tivo remote would solve my problem.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Edmund
Remote Czar

If you were only looking for a particular input, there could be discrete command for that input, a UEI/OFA remote using advanced codes(EFC), could get you that input command, and then teach it to key on learning TiVo remote. If not the input key itself, possibly mute key instead.

If you have say UEI made cable remote or ofa remote with tv code 11610 on board, these are the advanced codes for the input commands:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/vi...?p=60707#60707
Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxman View Post
3 more: inputup, inputdown, and select. Doesn't sound like a new Tivo remote would solve my problem.
Try other codes for the same brand, frequently one of the alternatives will have a "next input" instead of bringing up the menu if the set can't respond to it.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Edmund
Remote Czar

If there's a code for the olevia, which for many years there wasn't, there will only be one. And you should be thankful for that.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
faxman

Thanks for the feedback, but I think it's just too much bother for me. I like the Tivo remote, and I have 2 other Tivos. If I were going to spend $ on a new remote I'd probably just buy a new TV that had an input switch that was Tivo-compatible like my Panasonic. I'll just live with having to use the TV remote for the few times I switch to Roku on that one TV.