TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
elkyss
unknown host

Simultaneous Viewing?

As I contemplate my system upgrade with my in-transit Roamio Plus, I have different need I haven't seen expressed here.

I currently have 2 premiers, and connect them via the component outputs to the home theater system in the livingroom, but also take the composite output on both system and modulate them on unused analog cable channels. I then repeat the IR remote signals back to the units via twisted pair.

One of the advantages of this setup is that we can watch the same recorded program on multiple sets throughout the house. Is there any combination of Roamios, Minis (and Premiers) that will allow viewing the same program on multiple sets simultaneously?
elkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
A J Ricaud

The Roamio Plusses and Pros have component/composite outputs along w/HDMI. Roamio Basics only have composite via a dongle & HDMI.
A J Ricaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
stuartv

According to jrtroo, in this thread, not only is that not an option, the majority prefers it that way....

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=511600
stuartv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Ben_Jamin75

I *believe* the same recording can be streamed to multiple mini/tivos at the same time. Each mini/tivo having independent control (pause, fast forward, rewind).

I know i have had a recording playing in the living room on my Roamio Pro and started the same program playing on my mini in the bedroom.
Ben_Jamin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
mdscott

I have had a program being recorded on the Roamio and streamed to both a Premiere and iPad.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
jrtroo
User

Exactly my point. Record it and stream it.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Exactly my point. Record it and stream it.
Agreed. Initiate a recording on the main unit. Access that recording on as many Mini's or other Premieres/Roamios as you have (up to the simultaneous stream limit for the main unit, which is 6, IIRC). If you want to watch "Live TV" everywhere, skip to the end of the buffer and put the remote down. This is far better for the individual TV's since everyone has independent trick play ability on the same program and is not at the mercy of what's happening at the main unit.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote