TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
kturcotte

Youtube Unavailable?

Activated my Roamio yesterday, and everything works fine except YouTube. Whenever I try to use it I get error code v301 with the URL http://www.tivo.com/support/v301 which leads to nothing. It's not my internet connection, because Huku and Netflix work just fine.
kturcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
moose53

I don't have a Roamio ... got a Premiere. They've just updated (substantially) the Youtube interface in the past 2 or 3 days. Messed up everything. I was getting that same error message when I tried to watch one particular video.

Are you getting this error when you try to watch a video?? If you are, try logging out of the Youtube application on your Tivo. Try launching again, you should get a message that you need to activate again. Go to this address on your computer http://www.youtube.com/activate and enter the activation code to link the two machines again.

If it's the same thing that happened to me, you're in between the old version and the new version of Youtube ... in other words Tivo's having a moment :GRIN:

If this doesn't solve your problem, hang on a bit longer 'til a REAL Roamio user comes along.

Good luck.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
moyekj

A TiVo reboot sometimes cures V301 errors launching Apps.
Alternatively from TiVo Central enter the following sequence to reset the HDUI which also may fix it: Thumbs down, Thumbs up, play, play (This forces the TiVo to re-build list of Apps available for your TSN such that if you currently have a bad link it will fix it).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
kturcotte

I tried the code, and that didn't work. It just keeps telling me the app is unavailable. I haven't been able to open it all at yet. I'll try a reboot in about an hour when recordings stop.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I set-up a new Roamio Pro yesterday and the same thing with Netflix.

Netflix will not launch:
"App Temporarily Unavailable - (V301)"

All other TiVo's and Minis are working fine, but Netflix has not been able to launch on this DVR, the new Mini I set-up yesterday launched Netflix right away.

TiVo said it could take 24-72 hours, but I have never had to wait before, Just a few connections and everything usually works right away.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
kturcotte

Just rebooted the Tivo and still having the same issue-Youtube app won't open, error V301
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
moyekj

If you use kmttg you can launch YouTube on your Roamio from the Remote-Web tab using the following http url in kmttg:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/tv
(Series 4 users can also get the html5 version of YouTube by launching the above way).

Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
If you use kmttg you can launch YouTube on your Roamio from the Remote-Web tab using the following http url in kmttg:
http://www.youtube.com/tv
(Series 4 users can also get the html5 version of YouTube by launching the above way).
Is there a way to attempt the launch of Netflix via KMTTG?

Old 12-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Is there a way to attempt the launch of Netflix via KMTTG?
The html version of TiVo netflix uses a special netflix URL type at launch (neither flash or html) that I haven't made available via kmttg.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...16#post9880416
(i.e. I can run it but haven't made it available through kmttg).

Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #10
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by kturcotte View Post
Just rebooted the Tivo and still having the same issue-Youtube app won't open, error V301
Has YouTube started working for you yet?

I still cannot launch Netflix, V301 error, TiVo support is clueless, I may have to email Margret, I hate to, but support just keeps saying reboot everything and force multiple connections.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #11
kturcotte

Still not working. Margret had me email her with myTivo Service Number and is supposed to be looking into it for me.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Still no Netflix for me

Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
kturcotte

Quote:
Still no Netflix for me
Email Margret (Margret at tivo. com) and tell her what's going on and give her your Tivo Service Number. She'll look into it.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #14
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
The html version of TiVo netflix uses a special netflix URL type at launch (neither flash or html) that I haven't made available via kmttg.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...16#post9880416
(i.e. I can run it but haven't made it available through kmttg).
Quote:
FYI, you can launch html version of netflix on series 4 or 5 TiVos using following RPC command:
Code:
{
"type":"uiNavigate",
"bodyId":"tsn:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"uri":"x-tivo:netflix:netflix"
}
Similar to YouTube it's a little sluggish on series 4 units but functional. So we might well get html version of Netflix along with YouTube on series 4 units when TiVo decides to flip the switch.
(I was wondering why on the Roamio it has "uiDestinationType":"flash", but that parameter is not needed at all and seems irrelevant given the special netflix uri - x-tivo:netflix).
How do I run the above RPC command: on the Roamio Pro, in an attempt to see if I can get Netflix to launch?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #15
moyekj

Quote:
How do I run the above RPC command: on the Roamio Pro, in an attempt to see if I can get Netflix to launch?
Replace your current kmttg.jar with beta version in this zip file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing
Then run kmttg and from Remote tab, Remote sub-tab press the "HME Jump" button with "Netflix (html)" as the selection to launch it.
(This also should work to run html version of Netflix on series 4 units).

Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #16
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Thanks,

HME Jump via kmttg, still will not launch Neflix on the Roamio Pro

It worked fine on the Elite. Must be some back-end configuration issue with the Roamio, I am hoping the Dec SW Update will fix it

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-11-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

One email to Margret and it is fixed.

Sad that the support incident report is still open and telling me to try a different Ethernet connection, reboot, force connections etc