TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Aero 1

Port Forwarding

Has anyone been able to set the tivo stream to port forward in the system information menu? Ive forwarded the ports in my router, but i am not able to enable port forwarding in the Out-of-Home menu. every time i click the check box, the check dissapears. it will not let me select it. anyone else seeing this? thanks.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

It's not ready yet. They said for now you have to use the proxy. Port forwarding wont be enabled until an update is released early next year.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
It's not ready yet.
Tivo's slogan
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Aero 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
It's not ready yet. They said for now you have to use the proxy. Port forwarding wont be enabled until an update is released early next year.
thanks. whats not ready about it? what do they have to do in order for my router to freely pass the bits to the stream? i dont see how they have to enable anything.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

I think it's more about how the iOS app contacts the Stream. Right now it sounds like it's hard coded to use TiVo's proxy for out of home streaming. It might also just be a setup issue. They may be working on a UPNP method for setting up port forwarding, like Slingbox uses, so customers don't have to figure out how to do it manually. Honestly I don't know exactly. All I know is Margret mentioned that port forwarding wont work until the update in a couple months.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
MikePA1

Aero 1 - Congrats on having the longest sig.

Reminds me to visit User CP and disable them.
MikePA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
jordinas

Port forwarding

Port forwarding should be the basic standard configuration, uPNP the second choice and Proxy as a backup... My experience so far is that the proxy is slower than molasses - makes downloading any content when on the road effectively impossible.

It is quite a pattern which TiVo has developed of releasing half-baked products... I jumped onto the premiere before it was ready, now onto the stream... I am really losing faith.
jordinas is offline   Reply With Quote