TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Startswithaj

TiVo Roamio remote finder

So, I'm trying to decide which Roamio to buy and I couldn't help but notice something on the TiVo website I hadn't noticed before. At https://tivo.com/shop/roamio it's saying that the base model Roamio includes the remote finder feature(there's a green dot in the comparison chart under DVR Features).

I'm confused though because everything else I've read on the internet(and even some stuff on these forums) seems to say that the only the Plus and Pro models feature the remote finder. In addition, TiVo's own pictures of the devices seem to show that the Plus and Pro have a little remote icon on the front and the base model only shows a circle without a remote icon.

Which one is right? Does the TiVo Roamio have the remote finder feature like the chart says? Or was that green circle on the chart put there in error?
Startswithaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

My Roamio Basic does not have the remote finder button.
My Roamio Pro does and the dongles I use with my TiVo Minis also have the remote finder button.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
NJguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
My Roamio Basic does not have the remote finder button.
My Roamio Pro does and the dongles I use with my TiVo Minis also have the remote finder button.
My Roamio Plus has the remote finder. What "dongles" do you use with the Mini's to make it have a remote finder. I have 2 Mini's and I do not think they have remote finders.
NJguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJguy View Post
My Roamio Plus has the remote finder. What "dongles" do you use with the Mini's to make it have a remote finder. I have 2 Mini's and I do not think they have remote finders.
I believe that the dongle included with the TiVo Slide Pro Remote has a remote finder button. aaronwt, can you confirm this is the case?

Source: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2774

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasta View Post
I believe that the dongle included with the TiVo Slide Pro Remote has a remote finder button. aaronwt, can you confirm this is the case?

Source: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2774
Yes that is correct. I guess I should have clarified that it was with the SLide Pro remotes. I tested it when I saw this thread. Of course if you aren't using the dongle and it's plugged directly into the USB port it would be a pain to try and press the button on the USB adapter.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
xbr23

how do you work the "remote finder" i don't understand how to make it work. i have the Pro.
xbr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbr23 View Post
how do you work the "remote finder" i don't understand how to make it work. i have the Pro.
Press the icon on the Pro front panel that looks like a peanut, the remote will play a tune so you can find it.

I'm pretty sure the Basic showing the Remote Finder feature on the current web site is a glitch, as far as I know the Basic doesn't have the feature.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I'm pretty sure the Basic showing the Remote Finder feature on the current web site is a glitch, as far as I know the Basic doesn't have the feature.
I set up a base Roamio for my father-in-law over Thanksgiving and can confirm it does not have the remote finder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #9
djjuice

had my parents setup their plus, and the remote finder feature is not working
at least they have a pro remote to unwrap for Christmas, hopefully that one works.
djjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
Devx

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjuice View Post
had my parents setup their plus, and the remote finder feature is not working
at least they have a pro remote to unwrap for Christmas, hopefully that one works.
Is the remote communicating via RF? (amber light when pressing buttons)
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
mikelvdl

There is in fact a remote finder feature on the Roamio Plus and pro. To activate it, press and hold the icon or image of the remote on the front panel of the DVR. It is the image directly adjacent right of power it looks like a little peanut.

Press and hold it for at least 5 seconds and then the remote will begin to play the introductory musical melody that the TiVo system plays immediately after it boots up. You know the music from the video where the TiVo character walks and bounces around.
mikelvdl is offline   Reply With Quote