Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #91
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Thanks. I hadn't watched this week's episode yet, so knowing who goes home will make it nice and anti-climactic.
Sorry.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #92
LaurenLMHC

Good god, that Xmas special was awful
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #93
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLMHC View Post
Good god, that Xmas special was awful
Yes. yes. yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #94
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Yes. yes. yes.
Most of this series has been brutal since after season 2.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #95
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I watched the first few minutes... fast forwarded about 10 minutes... then again... then again... and finally realized there didn't appear to be anything redeeming in the episode and gave up. The show has completely lost its way. Hard to believe that FOX is likely going to stick with this thing for another season and a half.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #96
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The whole Santa/elf thing was ridiculous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #97
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
So was this episode a truly "lost" episode (i.e. filmed last year and never shown) or was it filmed this year but labeled lost to cover the fact that it does not fit in to this season's time line?

Also, have they ever explained where Sugar and Joe went? As far as I know they should still be part of the Glee club.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #98

THey actually said the word "Fugly" I never thought I'd hear that on network tv.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #99
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
So was this episode a truly "lost" episode (i.e. filmed last year and never shown) or was it filmed this year but labeled lost to cover the fact that it does not fit in to this season's time line?
The second one.

Jane also mentioned that one of the scenes Fox ordered cut included the explanation as to why Will no longer had his job in Washington. That sounds like something Family Guy would do. ("So, Lois, how did you lose your job with Fox News? - You know what? The episode's just about over; does it really matter?", and "Tell me, Brian, how could you have fathered a boy who's now a teenager if you're only eight years old yourself - Go complain on the Internet"). Also, somebody claims that the names on the stockings that Jane fills with coal are actresses who beat her out for various awards, although the only three people to have beaten her out for Emmys are Betty White, Julie Bowen, and Merritt Wever (which might have been the name on the last stocking).

Quote:
Also, have they ever explained where Sugar and Joe went? As far as I know they should still be part of the Glee club.
So should Brittany - in fact, Santana did mention that Brittany was still in Lima, yet she (and Finn (who hadn't died yet), for that matter) did not appear.

IIRC, there was also a bit of discontinuity involving someone's hair length.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #100
LaurenLMHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post

Well, I think Sue made some comment about how Glee members randomly disappear in one of the earlier episodes. I guess that was their way of saying "We know this makes no sense, but we don't care enough to explain it."

As I was watching, I had the feeling that it was filmed this year. This show is hard to follow, but I believe Brittany and Finn would have still been around if this was December 2012.

I'm just so disappointed in this show because of the endless talent it hosts. These kids deserve a quality outlet to express their amazing skills
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #101

I actually finished the season. What a crappy end. Couldn't the Funny Girl producers sue Rachel into oblivion for breech of contract?

How long is a standard broadway contract for?
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #102
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Glee - ANyone still watching?

not me.

I enjoyed it for a while, but too much drama and not enough music. I especially hate the 'Sue' character. I loved her on 2 and half men though.

I do still have the Duets episode on my Tivo and listen to the music now and then. Really love the last duet.. one of my favorite songs of all time.

'Happy days are here again/Get happy'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7UKhCPhRo

Last edited by replaytv : 05-14-2014 at 01:30 PM.
replaytv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #103
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

I'm still watching but I heard Fox might be scaling back the final season, can't say I blame them.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #104
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I gave up a few seasons ago, but I saw that the ratings for the finale were shockingly bad -- like almost 40% lower than the previous series low. Only a 0.6 in the demo. I don't know how Fox can afford to do a full season next year.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #105
gweempose

I gave up on this show a long time ago, but I recently went back and watched the pilot. I honestly think it's one of the best pilots for any show ever written. In fact, the entire first season is excellent.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #106
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I bailed a while back, came back briefly to see what honestly should have been the series finale (the last one in Ohio) and have zero interest to return now at this point.

As I said, that last one in Ohio should have been the end of the series. It was a perfect ending, with most of the original characters taking their final bows on stage. What they have now is a pale imitation of what the show once had, and I think the ratings reflect that.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #107
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Nope...not watching this at all... Loved the first season, and still watched through part of the second season...but haven't had the interest to keep up with it after that...

Is it still any good?

Are the song's worth listening to outside of watching the shows? I used to purchase some of the songs way back then...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #108
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

It's so... terrible

My blog:
Jesda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #109
Anthjo

Not only watching but actually enjoying it since they left Lima and the awful new kids behind. This New York storyline should have been implemented a long time ago.

It's been great seeing and hearing Amber Riley and Naya Rivera on a regular basis. I also like them working in contemporary recording artists Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato into the show. The high school thing had run it's course, as had Sue Sylvester.

All of that said, I'm sure I'm in the minority. LOL.
Anthjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #110
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthjo View Post
Not only watching but actually enjoying it since they left Lima and the awful new kids behind. This New York storyline should have been implemented a long time ago.

It's been great seeing and hearing Amber Riley and Naya Rivera on a regular basis. I also like them working in contemporary recording artists Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato into the show. The high school thing had run it's course, as had Sue Sylvester.

All of that said, I'm sure I'm in the minority. LOL.
Wait, so all the new kids are permanently off the show? The only people that the show focuses on now are the original Glee club kids? All the adults are off the show as well? No more Sue, Will, etc?
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #111
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I gavce up a couple of season ago when it changed days. The show changed after that first season. The first season the show had it's heart in the right place. You rooted for almost all of the kids. Then as the seasons went on they made the kids far less likable and at times downright mean and nasty.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #112
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Then as the seasons went on they made the kids far less likable and at times downright mean and nasty.
And the Baby Got Back incident showed that it wasn't just the kids, it was the producers as well.

That was my last episode.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #113
Jagman_sl

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
And the Baby Got Back incident showed that it wasn't just the kids, it was the producers as well.

That was my last episode.
I agree with this. I really enjoyed the show up until they took Coulton's arrangement without any acknowledgement. After that the show just left a bad taste in my mouth and I've given up on it as well.
Jagman_sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #114
gilmoregirls102
Oregonian

I stopped watching it as well. I finally deleted all the episodes from the TiVo without watching them.
gilmoregirls102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #115
realityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Wait, so all the new kids are permanently off the show? The only people that the show focuses on now are the original Glee club kids? All the adults are off the show as well? No more Sue, Will, etc?
Yep just the New York kids. Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Sam, Blaine, and Artie. Brittany was there for an episode, but I'm not sure if she or Santana will be around next season.
realityboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #116
TracySMiller

For some sadistic reason I watched until this season end, but I can't take it anymore. I don't know what they plan for next season, but I'm not watching anymore.
TracySMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #117
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySMiller View Post
For some sadistic reason I watched until this season end, but I can't take it anymore. I don't know what they plan for next season, but I'm not watching anymore.
From what I have heard...
Spoiler:
For some yet unexplained reason, the show is moving to Los Angeles next season. This would explain the whole business with Rachel and the TV pilot. No idea as to how they're going to explain how she avoids being sued by the Funny Girl producers for breach of contract.

Keep in mind that the "second generation" characters (e.g. Marley, Kitty, Uniq/Unique/however it's spelled) have graduated, so they're available to show up attending, e.g., UCLA.)

Still no word yet on how many episodes they're going to make.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #118
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
From what I have heard...
Spoiler:
For some yet unexplained reason, the show is moving to Los Angeles next season. This would explain the whole business with Rachel and the TV pilot. No idea as to how they're going to explain how she avoids being sued by the Funny Girl producers for breach of contract.

Keep in mind that the "second generation" characters (e.g. Marley, Kitty, Uniq/Unique/however it's spelled) have graduated, so they're available to show up attending, e.g., UCLA.)

Still no word yet on how many episodes they're going to make.
Scary that I know this but, regarding your Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The only characters that graduated this season were the remain 1st Generation Characters (Tina, Blain, Sam). The 2nd Generation are still in school (I think most of them would only even be classified as, at best, Juniors.)

I suspect the only time we will ever see them again is in the finale, if they close at WMHS, like they should.

To answer the original question, I am still watching and probably will to the end. But this show has fallen SOOO far, it is not even funny.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #119
Jagman_sl

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
Yep just the New York kids. Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Sam, Blaine, and Artie. Brittany was there for an episode, but I'm not sure if she or Santana will be around next season.
OK, I'm curious now. How did they write off the new kids?
Jagman_sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #120
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman_sl View Post
OK, I'm curious now. How did they write off the new kids?
Spoiler:
Principal Sue killed Glee club.