TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #31
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
pyTivo didn't see the new roamio when it started up at first (it prints out the tivos it finds) but it is now. I guess account info/sharing options needed to propagate?
Yeah, any new TiVo has that issue. I just assume they won't work correctly for the first couple of days.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #32
dana278
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 24
Is anyone having any luck with their Roamio showing up in TiVo Transfer yet? I check for updates every few days but nothing yet.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #33
mckingsley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 29
There is definitely no uptades yet...but wish we had some word on it.
mckingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #34
dana278
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 24
Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks for the reply!
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #35
Borack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 70
Nothing yet...!!
Borack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #36
drkmstr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
I would not hold my breathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borack View Post
Nothing yet...!!
Toast 11 is what 3 years old... My guess this update will not be coming anytime soon. If you all ready have toast.

Browse to...

https://tivoipdaddress (find ip address in network settings i.e. 192.168.1.x)

username: tivo
password: your media access key

Once you download the file you can open it in toast and play it with the toast media player. It works for me using Toast 10 and OS X 10.9.
drkmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
frombhto323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Go to the Roamio's SI screen and look for the Tivo To Go line to make sure it reads a,a,a.
Transfers won't work until that happens.
What does "SI" stand for?
__________________
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell
frombhto323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #38
Goober96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by frombhto323 View Post
What does "SI" stand for?
System Information
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #39
frombhto323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober96 View Post
System Information
Thanks. I hope Tivo appreciates this forum. I would not have guessed the transfer function would take up to two days. That was one of the first things I looked for, and I thought something was malfunctioning when it wasn't there this morning after setting up yesterday afternoon.
__________________
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell
frombhto323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #40
Devx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by frombhto323 View Post
Thanks. I hope Tivo appreciates this forum. I would not have guessed the transfer function would take up to two days. That was one of the first things I looked for, and I thought something was malfunctioning when it wasn't there this morning after setting up yesterday afternoon.
It's unfortunate Tivo does not communicate this but it can be accelerated. Forcing multiple connections on all Tivos (to retrieve the new account info) and then restarting them can reduce that time to less than an hour in some cases. It's not necessary to wait days.
__________________
Roamio Pro
Roamio Plus (3TB)
Premiere Elite/XL4
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
PaperQueen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkmstr View Post
Toast 11 is what 3 years old... My guess this update will not be coming anytime soon. If you all ready have toast.

Browse to...

https://tivoipdaddress (find ip address in network settings i.e. 192.168.1.x)

username: tivo
password: your media access key

Once you download the file you can open it in toast and play it with the toast media player. It works for me using Toast 10 and OS X 10.9.
drkmstr, you're a rock star. Thanks for the easy-to-follow steps!

(FYI: Without the "s" on "http" I kept getting a "welcome to TiVo" screen touting the TiVo box features.)

Given the fact it's been four months since this thread began, it appears Roxio isn't updating TiVo Transfer...? My big concern was whether or not it would be Mavericks-compatible. Apparently, the issue is whether or not TiVo Transfer is TiVo-compatible. Who knew? :::sigh:::
PaperQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #42
ltxi
Registered User
 
ltxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devx View Post
It's unfortunate Tivo does not communicate this but it can be accelerated. Forcing multiple connections on all Tivos (to retrieve the new account info) and then restarting them can reduce that time to less than an hour in some cases. It's not necessary to wait days.
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." — George Orwell

Just sayin'
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #43
nyctwc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperQueen View Post
drkmstr, you're a rock star. Thanks for the easy-to-follow steps!

(FYI: Without the "s" on "http" I kept getting a "welcome to TiVo" screen touting the TiVo box features.)

Given the fact it's been four months since this thread began, it appears Roxio isn't updating TiVo Transfer...? My big concern was whether or not it would be Mavericks-compatible. Apparently, the issue is whether or not TiVo Transfer is TiVo-compatible. Who knew? :::sigh:::
I'm very frustrated too. I don't understand why Tivo, Inc. relies on a 3rd party company to create what should be a very simple app to transfer files to a Mac. If it could be done over a web browser and if there are independent programmers doing this on their own time for free (i.e., PyTivo), they should be able to do this themselves. Tivo, Inc. is a multi-million dollar corporation. I don't believe this is asking too much.
nyctwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #44
drkmstr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctwc View Post
I'm very frustrated too. I don't understand why Tivo, Inc. relies on a 3rd party company to create what should be a very simple app to transfer files to a Mac. If it could be done over a web browser and if there are independent programmers doing this on their own time for free (i.e., PyTivo), they should be able to do this themselves. Tivo, Inc. is a multi-million dollar corporation. I don't believe this is asking too much.
Especially since you can download recorded shows to your iOS device with the Tivo app and Tivo Stream. I think they have focused on mobile and left the mac software to the web browser workaround.
drkmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #45
abbydancer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 54
So, I guess it's still not there? I'm now transferring something to my HD tivo so I can download to the mac and try to burn it for a friend.

sigh
abbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |