TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #6121
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobrownblue View Post
Projectx. Thanks.
Not much can be done then if that's the case. My guess is ProjectX is probably not selecting the right audio track when remuxing. You may want to try and see if you can get away with skipping QS Fix for this problem title.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #6122
Wpfma

Mini Froze while Downloading?

I am a newbie to KMTTG. I have a Roamio plus and a mini. I started a download from the plus (to a Win7 machine). I was not watching on the plus but my wife was watching on the mini. About ten minutes into the download the mini lost its connection. I stopped the download and had to power the mini off to get it to reconnect.

Was I doing anything wrong?

Thanks
Wpfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #6123
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
try and see if you can get away with skipping QS Fix for this problem title.
That worked. Program has full audio now. Thanks.
chicagobrownblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #6124
chicagobrownblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpfma View Post
I am a newbie to KMTTG. I have a Roamio plus and a mini. I started a download from the plus (to a Win7 machine). I was not watching on the plus but my wife was watching on the mini. About ten minutes into the download the mini lost its connection. I stopped the download and had to power the mini off to get it to reconnect.

Was I doing anything wrong?

Thanks
You might try downloading when nothing is running. Kick the jobs off right before you go to bed. My TiVo Premiere was a little slower than usual when I was downloading a program but no problems and I don't have a mini.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #6125
tsool

More feedback for broken download

I reported last week that a show cut off the mpeg download after 6 mins and I was unable to resume. One week later, same show, same channel, same time, same prob. The MPEG download does not go beyond that point in the MPEG.

PTI on ESPN HD recorded fine and I can stream it fine using the tivo stream. However, the download simply stops after abot 6 minutes into the show.

Any solutions how I might still be able to access the content?
tsool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #6126
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsool View Post
I reported last week that a show cut off the mpeg download after 6 mins and I was unable to resume. One week later, same show, same channel, same time, same prob. The MPEG download does not go beyond that point in the MPEG.

PTI on ESPN HD recorded fine and I can stream it fine using the tivo stream. However, the download simply stops after abot 6 minutes into the show.

Any solutions how I might still be able to access the content?
This is a TiVo server problem that has been covered several times in this thread. If you have series 3 unit you can use kmttg "resume downloads" option to retrieve missing portion of the show after setting the pause point past the bad/glitchy fail point. For series 4 and later "resume downloads" doesn't work and is disabled in kmttg for those units. If you have more than 1 TiVo you can use the 2 box workaround. Else only solution is to re-record the program and hope that the new recording downloads OK.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #6127
chicagobrownblue

I just downloaded the Thanksgiving "Big Bang Episode" without a hitch. Thanks.
RCN Signature HD but no premium channels
Panasonic TC-42PX14 42" 720p plasma HDTV
Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray Player Refurb $59
Old 12-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6128
lpwcomp

The TiVo server problem was nasty and annoying, but it did not affect transfers or even pushes, at least not for me. And the Android app seemed to run just fine. Not sure why it would have affected SP creation unless the guide data was in a confused state due to an interrupted data download or maybe the Roamio is even more dependent on the web than the Premiere.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #6129
jools4merk

Hi

I got TTG downloaded and connecting with my Virgin Media Tivo, it can see all my shows and gives me the options to encode, Ad Cut, decrypt Etc however EVERY show it says is "copy Protected" therfore I can do nothing with it. Is there something I can do to be able to get these shows off the Tivo into my Mac in a Video format I can then work with to put on my iPad?

Many thanks for your hard work.

Julian
jools4merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #6130
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools4merk View Post
Hi

I got TTG downloaded and connecting with my Virgin Media Tivo, it can see all my shows and gives me the options to encode, Ad Cut, decrypt Etc however EVERY show it says is "copy Protected" therfore I can do nothing with it. Is there something I can do to be able to get these shows off the Tivo into my Mac in a Video format I can then work with to put on my iPad?

Many thanks for your hard work.

Julian
Copy Protected means you simply cannot copy.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #6131
jools4merk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
But that means everyting on the Tivo?
jools4merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #6132
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools4merk View Post
But that means everyting on the Tivo?
That would be at the discretion of your programming provider. If they supply everything as copy prohibited, then you will not be able to. Tivo respects the copy inhibit flags.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #6133
Wpfma

Dowloads working fine now

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobrownblue View Post
You might try downloading when nothing is running. Kick the jobs off right before you go to bed. My TiVo Premiere was a little slower than usual when I was downloading a program but no problems and I don't have a mini.
Thanks for the suggestion. Did that without a problem. Downloads are very fast which is great. Now playing with the trial of videoredo for burning dvd's. So far using kmttg and videoredo has been fantastic.

Wpfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #6134
plamumba

Feature I can't find.

Perhaps there is a way to do this that I don't know or perhaps this is something you might consider. When I download the guide from my tivo, there seems no way to look at program listings before the present time. I occasionally (as last night) will set up something to record and get an unexpected result. It would be nice to see what the program guide had shown for the program. For example, last night I got 30 min of a 1 hr program for reasons I don't understand.

Thanks for your program and all the work you do on it.
plamumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #6135
AudioNutz

Quote:
Yeah... About that stuff with those shady Cable companies... I've had to stay on S2 TiVo's for the last year, because I moved 10 miles into one of these "No Copy" zones.

Since the S4 and later supports streaming, can we not just ask the TiVo to send out a stream, and use ffmpeg, mencoder, or VLC or something to accept and save that stream, like any other stream?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #6136
mattack

Nobody knows how to interpret the streams. AFAIK, they are encrypted between the iPad & Tivo for example.

I have a question about copy protection though -- didn't kmttg used to show no copy icons for copy protected shows? I don't see those anymore, so sometimes inadvertently try to transfer a copy protected program (which doesn't work, of course).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #6137
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutz View Post
Yeah... About that stuff with those shady Cable companies... I've had to stay on S2 TiVo's for the last year, because I moved 10 miles into one of these "No Copy" zones.

Since the S4 and later supports streaming, can we not just ask the TiVo to send out a stream, and use ffmpeg, mencoder, or VLC or something to accept and save that stream, like any other stream?
A Premiere or Roamio can stream to each other, copy protected or not.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #6138
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I have a question about copy protection though -- didn't kmttg used to show no copy icons for copy protected shows? I don't see those anymore, so sometimes inadvertently try to transfer a copy protected program (which doesn't work, of course).
By request I changed it in last release to not use a copy protect icon so that the "expiration" icons are still shown. However a dark background is still used to indicate copy protected shows in the table. If you're not seeing that then perhaps that color doesn't work on Mac Java for some reason...

Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #6139
lpwcomp

Quote:
In order for that to work, you'd have to figure out how to convince the sending TiVo that it was talking to another S4 or later TiVo or a Mini.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #6140
AudioNutz

Quote:
A Premiere or Roamio can stream to each other, copy protected or not.
Right. This is what I was thinking of. Can we not just stream to a PeeCee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
In order for that to work, you'd have to figure out how to convince the sending TiVo that it was talking to another S4 or later TiVo or a Mini.
Really, isn't this how folks on this forum figured out how technologies like Streambaby can work? Aren't the commands and protocols (API's) the same?

I ask only because I don't know. Seems like folks know how to get it to work in one direction. Is there indeed something preventing it from working in the opposite direction?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #6141
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Really, isn't this how folks on this forum figured out how technologies like Streambaby can work?
After seeing the YouTube player, I took a stab in the dark that the documented HME streaming method might work for video as well as audio. And it did. That's it, basically. We still have only a poor understanding of the video form of HME streaming (e.g. there's clearly a way to bypass the 1.1 GB limit, but we don't know what it is).

Quote:
Aren't the commands and protocols (API's) the same?
Not at all. NPL streaming is something completely different from HME streaming.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #6142
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Quote:
Does the S2 TiVo ignore the no copy flag? Are there S2 that do HD besides the DirecTV ones? And do they work with the current KMTTG?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #6143
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbino View Post
Does the S2 TiVo ignore the no copy flag?
The CCI byte, as it s name would imply, is part of the digital stream. Stand alone S2s, i.e. non DirecTiVos, can't directly record digital streams.

Quote:
Are there S2 that do HD besides the DirecTV ones?
No.

Quote:
And do they work with the current KMTTG?
n/a

Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #6144
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

Straightforward and concise. Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #6145
AudioNutz

Quote:
Does the S2 TiVo ignore the no copy flag?
Quote:
The CCI byte, as it s name would imply, is part of the digital stream.
Well... Even though TiVo themselves told me that they will not, mine do honor the cci byte. That is... Some shows. (All HBO stuff, half the SHO stuff, and half the CNBC stuff that I watch).

Now that I'm thinking about it... I wonder if it's just the "rented" CableCard that forces the "no Copy", but the CableCard that's in my set top box feeding my TiVo is behaving correctly, and only protecting the ones that the copyright owner is setting to 00x02.

Hmmm... Now I'm half way considering getting one of those Roamio devices, and putting the CableCard from one of my set-top boxes in the Roamio, and then putting the "rented" CableCard in the set top box. I know I'll need to convince the cable company to "pair" that for me, but if I tell them I just want to try it to troubleshoot the "Dead" (wink wink) CableCard that they're going to mailed me, (future) I bet I can convince them...
Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #6146
lpwcomp

What cable co are you with? It would be very unusual for you to be able to actually remove the CableCARD from the STB, you might not be able to pair it with the Roamio, and it's liable to be a single stream card which wouldn't work at all in a Roamio. Are you certain that your STB even has a CableCARD? I know the one connected to my S2 doesn't.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #6147
AudioNutz

Quote:
What cable co are you with?
Time Warner... The most likely to set everything to "no copy", that is, unles you live in Albany. (Some folks in Albany started a letter-writing campaign, and got their local programming cci corrected)

Quote:
It would be very unusual for you to be able to actually remove the CableCARD from the STB, you might not be able to pair it with the Roamio, and it's liable to be a single stream card which wouldn't work at all in a Roamio. Are you certain that your STB even has a CableCARD? I know the one connected to my S2 doesn't.
You're correct, of course, but all of the cable boxes in my area have the CableCards sticking out of the back. There's a label on mine that says M-Card. Aside from that, I actually requested a particular make and model set-top box, so that I could buy that TiVo direct-connect IR blaster cable that you see all over eBay. (My channel changes are more reliable now.)

I might start my own thread on this, so that it's not frowned upon that we're off-topic here.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #6148
ALbino
Lurker Series 2

If you do, link to it here so we're sure not to miss it.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #6149
AudioNutz

Let me see...
Linkypoo
Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #6150
lpwcomp

Quote:
Time Warner... The most likely to set everything to "no copy", that is, unles you live in Albany. (Some folks in Albany started a letter-writing campaign, and got their local programming cci corrected)

You're correct, of course, but all of the cable boxes in my area have the CableCards sticking out of the back. There's a label on mine that says M-Card. Aside from that, I actually requested a particular make and model set-top box, so that I could buy that TiVo direct-connect IR blaster cable that you see all over eBay. (My channel changes are more reliable now.)

I might start my own thread on this, so that it's not frowned upon that we're off-topic here.
Something that should have occurred to me immediatly but I was distracted by your plan to move a CableCARD from an STB to a TiVo - even if you are successful, it won't do you any good. It is the device (IOW the TiVo) that honors the CCI byte that is set when it is transmitted by the cable co. The CableCARD is not involved.