TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
joy_division

can I swap cablecard into new tivo without dealing with Fios or cablevision?

I have a Tivo HD. I have Verizon Fios. I am looking to get a Roamio to replace the Tivo HD. Can I just swap the card into the new unit or must I call or have Verizon come out to do some setup?
What is I had Cablevision, because I might switch back to them next month when my deal with Verizon runs out and they don't offer me a better deal than Cablevision can.
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

You will not need a truck roll, you can swap the card and then with a phone call or online chat they can pair it with the new unit.

If you don't use HBO or SHO, then pairing is less important since those are the only 2 networks they protect that are affected by a card being paired or not.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
joy_division

Great, thanks Dianebrat. I do not have HBO or Showtime and would not have it if I switch back to Cablevision.
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Diana is theoretically right - assuming you find a competent CSR.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
mr.unnatural

You don't need to speak with a CSR to activate a cablecard on FIOS. Call 1-888-897-7499 and follow the menu prompts to set up a cablecard. You'll initially be asked for the cablecard ID and your zip code, IIRC. If you activated the card previously via self-activation, you may be able to use the same activation code you received originally with the card. Otherwise, just say No when asked for that info. Eventually, you'll be asked to enter the Host ID and the Data number. All of this info should be displayed on the cablecard setup screen of your Tivo.

I swapped two cablecards to different devices on FIOS just about a week ago over the phone and it was quick and painless. I never had to speak to a CSR or a live person for either activation. Both devices were activated and receiving subscribed channels within minutes of entering the data on my phone's touch pad.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
If you don't use HBO or SHO, then pairing is less important since those are the only 2 networks they protect that are affected by a card being paired or not.
It's HBO and Cinemax.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote