TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
pshivers
Retired!

Yea! My Mini's and MoCA Network are all finally working!!!!

Started out I was just going to buy a Roamio Pro and be done with it. Then I liked it so much I decided to replace two of my Charter provided DVR's with Two Tivo Mini's.

My connection for the Mini's was a bit flaky and I didn't know why?? You just plug them in and they work, Right?? Sounds easy right? Well it is once one gets the coax in the house properly configured!

Turns out I had two Drops coming into my house from the utility pole, one for the main TV/Internet/Telephone and the other supplied 3 bedrooms and the Man Cave. The MoCA connection would work most of the time but I didn't realize it was routing all the way out to the utility pole (and further probably) and back!

Now everything is connected to the same drop. I added a POE MoCA Filter at the drop in my utility box. All is working well now but I may make a new run to the Internet Box and the Telephone and move them over to the now unused drop, then again I may just leave it alone as all is working very nicely!

I still have two active Charter DVR's left, pondering on replacing them with Mini's also.... Does that mean I could then cancel my Charter DVR service altogether?

I love it when a Plan Comes Together!
Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

Last edited by pshivers : 12-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.
pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote